Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Black Sesame Seeds

I can't remember now who asked about these but I just found them online
here.

http://www.glutenfreemall.com/catalo...free-c-31.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in news:il99c7$1nh$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

> I can't remember now who asked about these but I just found them online
> here.
>
> http://www.glutenfreemall.com/catalo...free-c-31.html

I get them from my local Asian store.

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart

"As we weep for what we have lost, and as we grieve for family and friends
and we confront the challenge that is before us, I want us to remember who we
are.

We are Queenslanders.

We're the people that they breed tough, north of the border.

We're the ones that they knock down, and we get up again."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"I'm back." > wrote in message
5...
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in news:il99c7$1nh$1
> @news.eternal-september.org:
>
>> I can't remember now who asked about these but I just found them online
>> here.
>>
>> http://www.glutenfreemall.com/catalo...free-c-31.html
>>

> I get them from my local Asian store.

I don't have a local Asian store.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in news:il9eu7$io4$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

> "I'm back." > wrote in message
> 5...
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in news:il99c7$1nh$1
>> @news.eternal-september.org:
>>
>>> I can't remember now who asked about these but I just found them

online
>>> here.
>>>
>>> http://www.glutenfreemall.com/catalo...free-c-31.html
>>>

>> I get them from my local Asian store.

> I don't have a local Asian store.

Bummer.

Then I looked at your email address....... @frontier.com !!

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart
Tasmania

"As we weep for what we have lost, and as we grieve for family and friends
and we confront the challenge that is before us, I want us to remember who
we are.

We are Queenslanders.

We're the people that they breed tough, north of the border.

We're the ones that they knock down, and we get up again."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote:
> "I'm back." wrote:
>> "Julie Bove" wrote:
>>
>>> I can't remember now who asked about these but I just found them
>>>online here.
>>>
>>> http://www.glutenfreemall.com/catalo...free-c-31.html

>> I get them from my local Asian store.

> I don't have a local Asian store.

Now you do:
http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...esameseed.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 9, 10:01*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "I'm back." > wrote in message

> > I get them from my local Asian store.

> I don't have a local Asian store.

East Tennessee Hillbilly here!! and we even have them locally
available.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" wrote:

>>> I get them from my local Asian store.

>> I don't have a local Asian store.

> Now you do:
> http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...esameseed.html

I've heard tell there is one of those places in Seattle but that's too far
for me to go shopping.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr. Bill" > wrote in message
On Mar 9, 10:01 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "I'm back." > wrote in message

> > I get them from my local Asian store.

> I don't have a local Asian store.

East Tennessee Hillbilly here!! and we even have them locally
available.

---
There's a big International district in Seattle but that's too far away for
me to use as a source for shopping. Out here I can think of some Mexican
stores and some Indian ones. But no Asian.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Mr. Bill" > wrote in message
> On Mar 9, 10:01 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> "I'm back." > wrote in message

>>> I get them from my local Asian store.

>> I don't have a local Asian store.

> East Tennessee Hillbilly here!! and we even have them locally
> available.
>
> ---
> There's a big International district in Seattle but that's too far away for
> me to use as a source for shopping. Out here I can think of some Mexican
> stores and some Indian ones. But no Asian.

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...esameseed.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 07:30:38 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
.. .

>>> I don't have a local Asian store.

>> Now you do:
>> http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...esameseed.html

>I've heard tell there is one of those places in Seattle but that's too far
>for me to go shopping.

What, you don't have a snail mail address?

Senior Member

Location: WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill[_2_] View Post
"I'm back." wrote in message

I get them from my local Asian store.

I don't have a local Asian store.

East Tennessee Hillbilly here!! and we even have them locally
available.
Penzeys has good stuff.

I live black sesame oil. Just a notch from from sesame or toasted sesame oil.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 07:30:38 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
. ..

>>> Now you do:
>>> http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...esameseed.html

>>I've heard tell there is one of those places in Seattle but that's too far
>>for me to go shopping.

> What, you don't have a snail mail address?

Yes, but I'm not going to order them. I wasn't the one who needed them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Mr. Bill" > wrote in message
> On Mar 9, 10:01 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> > "I'm back." > wrote in message

> > > I get them from my local Asian store.

> > I don't have a local Asian store.

> East Tennessee Hillbilly here!! and we even have them locally
> available.
>
> ---
> There's a big International district in Seattle but that's too far away for
> me to use as a source for shopping. Out here I can think of some Mexican
> stores and some Indian ones. But no Asian.

How about Central Market in Shoreline or Mill Creek? I think I got my
stash of black sesame seeds there.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message

> >> I don't have a local Asian store.

> > Now you do:
> > http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...esameseed.html

> I've heard tell there is one of those places in Seattle but that's too far
> for me to go shopping.

It's on Pine Street, across from Nordstrom Rack.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/12/2011 3:09 PM, Cindy Fuller wrote:
> In >,
> "Julie > wrote:

>>> Now you do:
>>> http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penze...esameseed.html

>> I've heard tell there is one of those places in Seattle but that's too far
>> for me to go shopping.

> It's on Pine Street, across from Nordstrom Rack.
>
> Cindy

You might try looking in any ethnic grocery. According to Gernot Katzer
(interesting article by the way)
http://www.uni-graz.at/~katzer/engl/Sesa_ind.html Sesame seeds are
used in Korean, Mexican, Egyptian, Chinese (Western Asian, generally)
cooking.

--

James Silverton, Potomac

I'm "not"