Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cleaning stainless steel

Has anyone tried quickleen-s powder for removing discolouration and
flame makes on stainless steel. see http://www.steelcleaner.com I got
a free sample from http://www.stainlesssteelcleaner.co.uk it seems to
work fine on my stainless steel frying pans. what do you think if you
have tried it?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"mr stainless" > wrote in message
> Has anyone tried quickleen-s powder for removing discolouration and
> flame makes on stainless steel. see ****SPAM****

Or better yet, buy a can of Spam, slice it and pan fry it with eggs for
breakfast.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/03/2011 8:33 PM, mr stainless wrote:
> Has anyone tried quickleen-s powder for removing discolouration and
> flame makes on stainless steel. see http://www.steelcleaner.com I got
> a free sample from http://www.stainlesssteelcleaner.co.uk it seems to
> work fine on my stainless steel frying pans. what do you think if you
> have tried it?

Tried it and it scratched the frying pan to hell. Would never use it
again. Be safer using sandpaper on the frying pan!

Krypsis

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/3/2011 4:33 AM, mr stainless wrote:
> Has anyone tried quickleen-s powder for removing discolouration and
> flame makes on stainless steel. see http://www.spamcleaner.com I got
> a free sample from http://www.spamlesssteelcleaner.co.uk it seems to
> work fine on my stainless steel frying pans. what do you think if you
> have tried it?

My hands turned bright red and now the skin is falling off of them. Is
that supposed to happen?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
George > wrote:

> On 3/3/2011 4:33 AM, mr stainless wrote:
> > Has anyone tried quickleen-s powder for removing discolouration and
> > flame makes on stainless steel. see (link snipped) I got
> > a free sample from (link snipped) it seems to
> > work fine on my stainless steel frying pans. what do you think if you
> > have tried it?

> My hands turned bright red and now the skin is falling off of them. Is
> that supposed to happen?

LOL! My first clue was that the OP is "mr stainless".

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> "mr stainless" > wrote in message
>> Has anyone tried quickleen-s powder for removing discolouration and
>> flame makes on stainless steel. see ****SPAM****

> Or better yet, buy a can of Spam, slice it and pan fry it with eggs
> for breakfast.
>
> Jill

First laugh of the day!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2011-03-03 05:40:47 -0800, George said:

> On 3/3/2011 4:33 AM, mr stainless wrote:
>> Has anyone tried quickleen-s powder for removing discolouration and
>> flame makes on stainless steel. see http://www.spamcleaner.com I got
>> a free sample from http://www.spamlesssteelcleaner.co.uk it seems to
>> work fine on my stainless steel frying pans. what do you think if you
>> have tried it?

> My hands turned bright red and now the skin is falling off of them. Is
> that supposed to happen?

That's how you know it's working!
--
If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

mr stainless wrote:
> Has anyone tried quickleen-s powder for removing discolouration and
> flame makes on stainless steel. see http://www.steelcleaner.com I got
> a free sample from http://www.stainlesssteelcleaner.co.uk it seems to
> work fine on my stainless steel frying pans. what do you think if you
> have tried it?

No, it scratches too much, and is caustic.

Better to use toothpaste. It won't scratch the stainless steel, but is a
very mild abrasive compound.

WD-40 cleans up SS pretty well, too.