Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Looking for a Hobart Kitchen Aid Mixer?

Terry wrote:

> FWIW, be very cautious about buying a used mixer. For example, I own
> four big mixers: two 4.5 qt KA, a Cuisinart 7 qt, and an old Hobart
> 10 qt. One of the 4.5 KAs is in the kitchen. The other three are in
> the lab across from my office and are used to mix rocket propellant.

That sounds safe! From here.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 09:51:29 -0500, "Nancy Young"
> wrote:

>Terry wrote:
>
>> FWIW, be very cautious about buying a used mixer. For example, I own
>> four big mixers: two 4.5 qt KA, a Cuisinart 7 qt, and an old Hobart
>> 10 qt. One of the 4.5 KAs is in the kitchen. The other three are in
>> the lab across from my office and are used to mix rocket propellant.

>That sounds safe! From here.
>
>nancy

Actually, with the material I make, the 'immediate' hazard is far
lower than most would imagine. In fact, that kind of propellant
(ammonium perchlorate composite propellant) was removed from the
BATFE's "explosives" list about two years ago by court order, when
BATFE was unable to demonstrate that the stuff was actually an
explosive...

So, legally, matches and highway flares and almost any kind of
firework you can imagine are on the list (though some are specially
exempted)... but APCP is not. Of course it took a 10-year court
battle to accomplish it. :-(
--
Best -- Terry