Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

Default 5 Wings for $1

This is the new promotion at Church's chicken here in Austin, TX. You
get your choice of 3 different sauces tossed with 5 fried chicken-wing
sections for $1.

5 chicken wings at $.20/each is unheard of. The promotion runs "All
Day Every Day". Not just on $1 2-Piece leg and thigh Tuesday.

I stopped and got 15 for $3.24 tonight and I'm drenched in sauce and
cholesterol.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

"Spiro Weville" > wrote in message
> This is the new promotion at Church's chicken here in Austin, TX. You
> get your choice of 3 different sauces tossed with 5 fried chicken-wing
> sections for $1.
>
> 5 chicken wings at $.20/each is unheard of. The promotion runs "All
> Day Every Day". Not just on $1 2-Piece leg and thigh Tuesday.
>
> I stopped and got 15 for $3.24 tonight and I'm drenched in sauce and
> cholesterol.
>
> -sw

So it is really 2 1/2 wings for a $1. Still a good price. Many places are
a buck or more a wing these days. I'm still ****ed at the SOB in Buffalo
that spoiled cheap wings for the rest of us. I remember paying 5¢ a pound
years ago.

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On Feb 23, 7:45*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

>*I'm still ****ed at the SOB in Buffalo
> that spoiled cheap wings for the rest of us. *I remember paying 5 a pound
> years ago.

My Buffalo wings recipe card is 30 years old, and the Buffalo bar was
already famous for them. Let it go, Ed -- let it go.
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On 23/02/2011 11:17 PM, spamtrap1888 wrote:
> On Feb 23, 7:45 pm, "Ed > wrote:
>
>> I'm still ****ed at the SOB in Buffalo
>> that spoiled cheap wings for the rest of us. I remember paying 5 a pound
>> years ago.

> My Buffalo wings recipe card is 30 years old, and the Buffalo bar was
> already famous for them. Let it go, Ed -- let it go.

I helped a friend build and open a bar in 1976 and wings were one of his
featured foods. They were new at the time. We went over to bars in
Buffalo to try their wings and to try to pick up some tips. They were
an instant hit. They were quite profitable because wings were dirt cheap.

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On 2/24/2011 8:09 AM, Stu wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 22:45:58 -0500, "Ed > wrote:
>

>> "Spiro > wrote in message
>>> This is the new promotion at Church's chicken here in Austin, TX. You
>>> get your choice of 3 different sauces tossed with 5 fried chicken-wing
>>> sections for $1.
>>>
>>> 5 chicken wings at $.20/each is unheard of. The promotion runs "All
>>> Day Every Day". Not just on $1 2-Piece leg and thigh Tuesday.
>>>
>>> I stopped and got 15 for $3.24 tonight and I'm drenched in sauce and
>>> cholesterol.
>>>
>>> -sw

>> So it is really 2 1/2 wings for a $1. Still a good price. Many places are
>> a buck or more a wing these days. I'm still ****ed at the SOB in Buffalo
>> that spoiled cheap wings for the rest of us. I remember paying 5¢ a pound
>> years ago.

> It says 5 wings for $1.00, he bought 15 for $3.00 + Tax $0.24= Total $3.24
> How did you come up with 2 1/2 for $1.00, that would make them 5 for $2.00?

I think he means a chicken wing really makes 2 finished Buffalo-type
wings.

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

i am not even sure if there is one here anymore, sickest i ever got from
food poisioning was from churches, Lee
"Spiro Weville" > wrote in message
> This is the new promotion at Church's chicken here in Austin, TX. You
> get your choice of 3 different sauces tossed with 5 fried chicken-wing
> sections for $1.
>
> 5 chicken wings at $.20/each is unheard of. The promotion runs "All
> Day Every Day". Not just on $1 2-Piece leg and thigh Tuesday.
>
> I stopped and got 15 for $3.24 tonight and I'm drenched in sauce and
> cholesterol.
>
> -sw

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 10:03:23 -0600, "Storrmmee"
> wrote:

>i am not even sure if there is one here anymore, sickest i ever got from
>food poisioning was from churches, Lee

The sqwertz dwarf boasts about stuffing his maw with those kind of
fast food chicken wings all drenched in chemical spill sauce... but
makes fun of SPAM that in over 60 years of eating has never made me
ill. I don't like chicken wings no mater how they're prepared, not
even from a chicken I roast myself... I peel off all that disgusting
slimy fat for the crows and feed the tiny bits of wing meat to my
cats. People complain about the price of chicken wings... well if they
gave them to me for free I'd toss them into my yard for the critters.

>"Spiro Weville" > wrote in message
>> This is the new promotion at Church's chicken here in Austin, TX. You
>> get your choice of 3 different sauces tossed with 5 fried chicken-wing
>> sections for $1.
>>
>> 5 chicken wings at $.20/each is unheard of. The promotion runs "All
>> Day Every Day". Not just on $1 2-Piece leg and thigh Tuesday.
>>
>> I stopped and got 15 for $3.24 tonight and I'm drenched in sauce and
>> cholesterol.
>>
>> -sw

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On 2/23/2011 10:26 PM, Spiro Weville wrote:
> This is the new promotion at Church's chicken here in Austin, TX. You
> get your choice of 3 different sauces tossed with 5 fried chicken-wing
> sections for $1.
>
> 5 chicken wings at $.20/each is unheard of. The promotion runs "All
> Day Every Day". Not just on $1 2-Piece leg and thigh Tuesday.
>
> I stopped and got 15 for $3.24 tonight and I'm drenched in sauce and
> cholesterol.
>
> -sw

I fondly remember going out once a month with my wings group for $.15
wings. Lots of places had a certain night of the week where the wings
were $.15. Of course that was a while back. Now they're approaching
$1 per wing. Yikes. Don't go out for wings anymore and since they've
become so popular don't even buy them and make them myself. They used
to pretty much give wings away in the old days. And short ribs used
to be practically free until they got popular. (I blame it on Korean
restaurants! ;-)) The wing is my favorite part of the chicken. Damn
those buffalo wings for driving up the price!!!!! And we don't have
a Church's in Pgh. so I'm screwed. (And not in the good way.) Sigh.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Spiro Weville > wrote:

> This is the new promotion at Church's chicken here in Austin, TX. You
> get your choice of 3 different sauces tossed with 5 fried chicken-wing
> sections for $1.
>
> 5 chicken wings at $.20/each is unheard of. The promotion runs "All
> Day Every Day". Not just on $1 2-Piece leg and thigh Tuesday.
>
> I stopped and got 15 for $3.24 tonight and I'm drenched in sauce and
> cholesterol.
>
> -sw

Wertz, yer crackin' me up!

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On Feb 23, 9:26*pm, Spiro Weville > wrote:
> This is the new promotion at Church's chicken here in Austin, TX. *You
> get your choice of 3 different sauces tossed with 5 fried chicken-wing
> sections for $1.
>
> 5 chicken wings at $.20/each is unheard of. *The promotion runs "All
> Day Every Day". *Not just on $1 2-Piece leg and thigh Tuesday.
>
> I stopped and got 15 for $3.24 tonight and I'm drenched in sauce and
> cholesterol.

Church's is so trashy that they still use partially hydrogenated oils
to fry their chicken, but boy that IS cheap.

> -sw

--Bryan

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:50:21 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 12:04:42 -0800 (PST), spamtrap1888 wrote:
>
>> I buy whole chickens when they go on sale (less than a buck a pound,
>> anyways), cut them up, and put the wing sections in a freezer bag.
>> When I have enough wings, I get out the deep fryer.

>Whole chickens are always less than $1/lb here. ($.89 roasters and
>$.67 fryers today at Fiesta). Legs are $.49/lb. Wings $2.29/lb.
>Dumbasses pay those $.80-$1.00 wing prices at places like Pluckers,
>and they're puny little wings, too - Dwarfish game hen wings.
>
>-sw

Fe Fi Fo Fum. . . .
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 10:03:23 -0600, "Storrmmee"
> > wrote:
>

>> i am not even sure if there is one here anymore, sickest i ever got from
>> food poisioning was from churches, Lee
>>

> The sqwertz dwarf boasts about stuffing his maw with those kind of
> fast food chicken wings all drenched in chemical spill sauce... but
> makes fun of SPAM that in over 60 years of eating has never made me
> ill. I don't like chicken wings no mater how they're prepared, not
> even from a chicken I roast myself... I peel off all that disgusting
> slimy fat for the crows and feed the tiny bits of wing meat to my
> cats. People complain about the price of chicken wings... well if they
> gave them to me for free I'd toss them into my yard for the critters.
>

>> "Spiro > wrote in message
>>
>>> This is the new promotion at Church's chicken here in Austin, TX. You
>>> get your choice of 3 different sauces tossed with 5 fried chicken-wing
>>> sections for $1.
>>>
>>> 5 chicken wings at $.20/each is unheard of. The promotion runs "All
>>> Day Every Day". Not just on $1 2-Piece leg and thigh Tuesday.
>>>
>>> I stopped and got 15 for $3.24 tonight and I'm drenched in sauce and
>>> cholesterol.
>>>
>>> -sw

**** off, Shelly.
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 22:45:58 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> "Spiro Weville" > wrote in message
>> This is the new promotion at Church's chicken here in Austin, TX. You
>> get your choice of 3 different sauces tossed with 5 fried chicken-wing
>> sections for $1.
>>
>> 5 chicken wings at $.20/each is unheard of. The promotion runs "All
>> Day Every Day". Not just on $1 2-Piece leg and thigh Tuesday.
>>
>> I stopped and got 15 for $3.24 tonight and I'm drenched in sauce and
>> cholesterol.
>>
>> -sw

> So it is really 2 1/2 wings for a $1. Still a good price. Many places are
> a buck or more a wing these days. I'm still ****ed at the SOB in Buffalo
> that spoiled cheap wings for the rest of us. I remember paying 5¢ a pound
> years ago.

I just got back from my favorite meat store in Plant City, Florida where
fresh whole wings are $1.49 / lb. and flash frozen 10 lb. packs are $1.69 a
pound.

I don't know what they are at the local chains, but I'm sure they're not
that cheap.

TFM®
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On Feb 24, 2:54*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:

> I was told my my dietitian not to eat wings. *It was not just to avoid
> them. It was to eat them NEVER.

Of all health professionals, dietitians are the most full of shit,
well, other than art therapists.

--Bryan
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

"Bryan" > wrote

> Of all health professionals, dietitians are the most full of shit,
> well, other than art therapists.
>
> --Bryan

My wife has CHF. The sent us to a class about how to eat for heart
patients. It was fun. The instructor had a list of thing to avoid,
including milkshakes. So, I asked if milk was OK. She said yes. Then I
asked if ice cream was OK. She said yes. Then I asked why milkshakes
were not good. She said they are bad for you.

Then she said to avoid sausage. I asked if ground pork was OK. She said
yes. With seasonings? Sure, just avoid salt.

She was happy when we left.

Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On 27/02/2011 3:36 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> My wife has CHF. The sent us to a class about how to eat for heart
> patients. It was fun. The instructor had a list of thing to avoid,
> including milkshakes. So, I asked if milk was OK. She said yes. Then I
> asked if ice cream was OK. She said yes. Then I asked why milkshakes
> were not good. She said they are bad for you.

i was told to avoid ice cream. The dietitian said that if I wanted a
frozen dessert I should have frozen yogurt or sherbet. We discussed the
fact that I made my own ice cream she was talking about all the fat and
calories. I pointed out that home made ice cream is more satisfying and
i had only small portions.

I had problems with milk issue. It was okay with her if I had 1% or 2%
and did not have to go the skimmed milk route. But I don't drink milk. I
only have it on cereal, and I prefer whole milk for that. For some
reason is is okay for me to drink a litre of 2% every day, but not to
have a litre of whole milk over one week. The way I figure it is that I
would ened up with more fat from all that 2% than I would from the
little bit of whole milk I had been using.

> Then she said to avoid sausage. I asked if ground pork was OK. She said
> yes. With seasonings? Sure, just avoid salt.

Pork was on my list of things not recommended, especially sausage.

> She was happy when we left.

I am trying to balance the advice of the dietitian with what makes sense
to me. I may not agree with everything she said, but I have to be
careful. As much as I resent the change, I went through hell three
months ago and I sure as hell don't want to have to do this again
Posted to alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.cooking

On Feb 27, 12:36*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "Bryan" > wrote
>

> > Of all health professionals, dietitians are the most full of shit,
> > well, other than art therapists.

> Then she said to avoid sausage. *I asked if ground pork was OK. *She said
> yes. *With seasonings? Sure, just avoid salt.

Salt is not good when you have congestive heart failure, unless you
enjoy swollen ankles.