Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Soup for dinner.

I bought those San Marzeno chopped tomatoes and when I saw that our temps
might go as low as 28 degrees, I decided to make soup.

No real recipe. Started with a pound of grass fed, organic ground beef.
Browned that and added a couple of ribs of celery, a couple of single serve
bags of baby carrots, one white onion, some leftover green onion, a
zucchini, two Yukon gold potatoes and some dried red bell pepper. All
veggies were chopped or sliced depending on their size. Then of course the
tomatoes, a couple little cans of tomato juice, a little beef broth, some
water, salt, pepper and a goodly amount of Italian seasoning. When the soup
is done I will add a small can of green beans, small can of corn and a can
of white beans imported from Italy. It smells soooo good!

On a side note, daughter begged me to buy the Basil scented, Mrs. Meyer's
Clean Day dish soap. I normally buy the Lemon Verbena. The Basil smells
wonderful! I wish they made that scent as a perfume. I would buy it!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:21:18 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I bought those San Marzeno chopped tomatoes and when I saw that our temps
>might go as low as 28 degrees, I decided to make soup.

Please tell me you didn't try to make the soup in a Crock-Pot.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:21:18 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>I bought those San Marzeno chopped tomatoes and when I saw that our temps
>>might go as low as 28 degrees, I decided to make soup.
>>

> Please tell me you didn't try to make the soup in a Crock-Pot.

No, but I often make such a soup in the Crock-Pot. I do brown the beef on
the stove first though. And I have kept it on "warm" for as long as two
hours. Nobody got sick. Not from the soup anyway...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 17:04:57 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:21:18 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>I bought those San Marzeno chopped tomatoes and when I saw that our temps
>>>might go as low as 28 degrees, I decided to make soup.
>>>

>> Please tell me you didn't try to make the soup in a Crock-Pot.

>No, but I often make such a soup in the Crock-Pot. I do brown the beef on
>the stove first though. And I have kept it on "warm" for as long as two
>hours. Nobody got sick. Not from the soup anyway...

Madam, you are a sharp cookie.

Boron
Member

Smile

I love, we love Soup 'n' Salad for a Crowd!!!

Dumpling-topped soup teams with a fruity salad in this appealingly hearty dinner. This is my family's favorite soup.
We always do cooking session together and we really enjoy doing it all over and over.

singapore restaurants

Last edited by sab59 : 02-03-2011 at 01:52 AM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:21:18 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> On a side note, daughter begged me to buy the Basil scented, Mrs. Meyer's
> Clean Day dish soap. I normally buy the Lemon Verbena. The Basil smells
> wonderful! I wish they made that scent as a perfume. I would buy it!

I've never heard of that brand, wish I did.... those scents sound good
enough to eat! I'm still waiting for the "green apple" scented "O"
brand to come back. I can only buy the "citrus" scent now.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 20:50:07 -0500, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 17:04:57 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:21:18 -0800, "Julie Bove"

> >> Please tell me you didn't try to make the soup in a Crock-Pot.

> >No, but I often make such a soup in the Crock-Pot. I do brown the beef on
> >the stove first though. And I have kept it on "warm" for as long as two
> >hours. Nobody got sick. Not from the soup anyway...
> >

> Madam, you are a sharp cookie.
>
> Boron

People do have to learn how to use those things. I wouldn't have a
clue.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:21:18 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> On a side note, daughter begged me to buy the Basil scented, Mrs. Meyer's
>> Clean Day dish soap. I normally buy the Lemon Verbena. The Basil smells
>> wonderful! I wish they made that scent as a perfume. I would buy it!
>>

> I've never heard of that brand, wish I did.... those scents sound good
> enough to eat! I'm still waiting for the "green apple" scented "O"
> brand to come back. I can only buy the "citrus" scent now.

I once got a pear scent at Safeway. I loved it but haven't seen it since.
I first got Mrs. Meyers online at drugstore.com. But now I can get it at
Fred Meyer, Target and some other places around here. I love their scents.
And they make the best stain treater for laundry. That I do have to get
online because no stores seem to carry it. It's a sweet pea scent.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 20:50:07 -0500, Boron Elgar
> > wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 17:04:57 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
>> .. .

>> >No, but I often make such a soup in the Crock-Pot. I do brown the beef
>> >on
>> >the stove first though. And I have kept it on "warm" for as long as two
>> >hours. Nobody got sick. Not from the soup anyway...
>> >

>> Madam, you are a sharp cookie.
>>
>> Boron

> People do have to learn how to use those things. I wouldn't have a
> clue.

I had to study about it before I used the first one I got. I grew up in a
house without one so I hadn't a clue.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Feb 21, 9:33*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:21:18 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>
> > wrote:
> > On a side note, daughter begged me to buy the Basil scented, Mrs. Meyer's
> > Clean Day dish soap. *I normally buy the Lemon Verbena. *The Basil smells
> > wonderful! *I wish they made that scent as a perfume. *I would buy it!

> I've never heard of that brand, wish I did.... those scents sound good
> enough to eat! *I'm still waiting for the "green apple" scented "O"
> brand to come back. *I can only buy the "citrus" scent now. *
>
> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

I have seen Mrs. Meyer's but have never bought it. I guess I figured
it wouldn't be the grease cutter that Dawn is.

Here's their website. It's sold locally so I may try some.

http://www.mrsmeyers.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ranée at Arabian Knits" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> On a side note, daughter begged me to buy the Basil scented, Mrs. Meyer's
>> Clean Day dish soap. I normally buy the Lemon Verbena. The Basil smells
>> wonderful! I wish they made that scent as a perfume. I would buy it!

> That and the rose geranium scent are my favorite. We had a coupon
> and sale conversion once and I bought their toilet cleaner. Our
> bathroom smelled so good!

I love the Rose Geranium but haven't seen it in the dish soap.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
On Feb 21, 9:33 pm, sf > wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:21:18 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>
> > wrote:
> > On a side note, daughter begged me to buy the Basil scented, Mrs.
> > Meyer's
> > Clean Day dish soap. I normally buy the Lemon Verbena. The Basil smells
> > wonderful! I wish they made that scent as a perfume. I would buy it!

> I've never heard of that brand, wish I did.... those scents sound good
> enough to eat! I'm still waiting for the "green apple" scented "O"
> brand to come back. I can only buy the "citrus" scent now.
>
> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food.

I have seen Mrs. Meyer's but have never bought it. I guess I figured
it wouldn't be the grease cutter that Dawn is.

Here's their website. It's sold locally so I may try some.

http://www.mrsmeyers.com/

---

Works great for me!

Soup for dinner! Julie Bove Diabetic 20 31-12-2009 07:34 AM
Soup dinner Nick Cramer Diabetic 2 30-12-2007 08:17 PM