Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Brown Rice Protein Powder

I do a fruit and yogurt smoothie in the mornings for breakfast. I
have used whey protein and hemp protein in the past and I just bought
some organic brown rice protein to put in my smoothies. The Hemp was
just too expensive and the whey protein was to 'fluffy/slimy' so I
thought I'd try the brown rice.

Well..........the texture is fine, I have no problem with that, but
boy does it change the taste of the smoothie. It is very strong
tasting. I 'm having my first smoothie with it right now and I very
disappointed.

I'm wondering if anyone has used brown rice protein powder in breads
or in coatings or dredges, etc.? It is a very fine powder, like a
flour and could be used for baking I suppose.

I'm not going to throw it out, it costs too much to just get rid of.
If I can't find anything else to do with it I'll suffer the taste in
the smoothies till it runs out. But I'm certainly not buying it to
go in smoothies anymore.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

in meat/vegetable breading, or put a bit in to thicken soups/gravys? Lee
"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
>I do a fruit and yogurt smoothie in the mornings for breakfast. I
> have used whey protein and hemp protein in the past and I just bought
> some organic brown rice protein to put in my smoothies. The Hemp was
> just too expensive and the whey protein was to 'fluffy/slimy' so I
> thought I'd try the brown rice.
>
> Well..........the texture is fine, I have no problem with that, but
> boy does it change the taste of the smoothie. It is very strong
> tasting. I 'm having my first smoothie with it right now and I very
> disappointed.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has used brown rice protein powder in breads
> or in coatings or dredges, etc.? It is a very fine powder, like a
> flour and could be used for baking I suppose.
>
> I'm not going to throw it out, it costs too much to just get rid of.
> If I can't find anything else to do with it I'll suffer the taste in
> the smoothies till it runs out. But I'm certainly not buying it to
> go in smoothies anymore.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
>I do a fruit and yogurt smoothie in the mornings for breakfast. I
> have used whey protein and hemp protein in the past and I just bought
> some organic brown rice protein to put in my smoothies. The Hemp was
> just too expensive and the whey protein was to 'fluffy/slimy' so I
> thought I'd try the brown rice.
>
> Well..........the texture is fine, I have no problem with that, but
> boy does it change the taste of the smoothie. It is very strong
> tasting. I 'm having my first smoothie with it right now and I very
> disappointed.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has used brown rice protein powder in breads
> or in coatings or dredges, etc.? It is a very fine powder, like a
> flour and could be used for baking I suppose.
>
> I'm not going to throw it out, it costs too much to just get rid of.
> If I can't find anything else to do with it I'll suffer the taste in
> the smoothies till it runs out. But I'm certainly not buying it to
> go in smoothies anymore.

I ended up throwing mine out. Just never could figure out what to do with
it. I was told it worked well in smoothies and puddings but I don't eat
either of those things.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Feb 20, 10:45*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> I do a fruit and yogurt smoothie in the mornings for breakfast. *I
> have used whey protein and hemp protein in the past and I just bought
> some organic brown rice protein to put in my smoothies. *The Hemp was
> just too expensive and the whey *protein was to 'fluffy/slimy' so I
> thought I'd try the brown rice.
>
> Well..........the texture is fine, I have no problem with that, but
> boy does it change the taste of the smoothie. * It is very strong
> tasting. * I 'm having my first smoothie with it right now and I very
> disappointed.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has used brown rice protein powder in breads
> or in coatings or dredges, etc.? * It is a very fine powder, like a
> flour and could be used for baking I suppose.
>
> I'm not going to throw it out, it costs too much to just get rid of.
> If I can't find anything else to do with it I'll suffer the taste in
> the smoothies till it runs out. * But I'm certainly not buying it to
> go in smoothies anymore.

Has anyone used it in bread baking.? I'm thinking it could be added
to a multigrain wheat bread recipe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:
<snip>

>> Well..........the texture is fine, I have no problem with that, but
>> boy does it change the taste of the smoothie. It is very strong
>> tasting. I 'm having my first smoothie with it right now and I very
>> disappointed.
>>
>> I'm wondering if anyone has used brown rice protein powder in breads
>> or in coatings or dredges, etc.? It is a very fine powder, like a
>> flour and could be used for baking I suppose.
>>
>> I'm not going to throw it out, it costs too much to just get rid of.
>> If I can't find anything else to do with it I'll suffer the taste in
>> the smoothies till it runs out. But I'm certainly not buying it to
>> go in smoothies anymore.

My H eats it on brown rice with soy sauce and sesame oil as a snack. I tried
some, and thought the nuttiness worked well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Feb 22, 8:25*am, "Janet" > wrote:
> ImStillMags wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> >> Well..........the texture is fine, I have no problem with that, but
> >> boy does it change the taste of the smoothie. It is very strong
> >> tasting. I 'm having my first smoothie with it right now and I very
> >> disappointed.

> >> I'm wondering if anyone has used brown rice protein powder in breads
> >> or in coatings or dredges, etc.? It is a very fine powder, like a
> >> flour and could be used for baking I suppose.

> >> I'm not going to throw it out, it costs too much to just get rid of.
> >> If I can't find anything else to do with it I'll suffer the taste in
> >> the smoothies till it runs out. But I'm certainly not buying it to
> >> go in smoothies anymore.

> My H eats it on brown rice with soy sauce and sesame oil as a snack. I tried
> some, and thought the nuttiness worked well.

well, maybe it's the brand, but this powder does NOT have a nutty
taste....it tastes more like dirt, to be honest.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Brown Rice Protein Powder: continued: made bread with it

On Feb 22, 10:47*am, ImStillMags > wrote:

I have bread in the oven right now. I made my multigrain recipe and
I added a 1/2 cup of the organic brown rice protein powder. I could
smell the brown rice powder a bit when the bread was kneading in the
KA, but now that it is in the oven it just smells heavenly like this
recipe always does.

I'll let you know if there is any difference in taste or texture.

If this turns out well, it might be a good way to add even more
protein to my bread recipe.

oh...and here is the bread recipe, I've posted it before but just in
case........

http://www.hizzoners.com/recipes/bre...ti-grain-bread

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Feb 26, 12:00*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Feb 22, 10:47*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> I have bread in the oven right now. * I made my multigrain recipe and
> I added a 1/2 cup of the organic brown rice protein powder. *I could
> smell *the brown rice powder a bit when the bread was kneading in the
> KA, but now that it is in the oven it just smells heavenly like this
> recipe always does.
>
> I'll let you know if there is any difference in taste or texture.
>
> If this turns out well, it might be a good way to add even more
> protein to my bread recipe.
>
> oh...and here is the bread recipe, I've posted it before but just in
>
> http://www.hizzoners.com/recipes/bre...ti-grain-bread

Well, it's cool enough to cut and it's yummy. I can tell a tiny bit
of difference in the taste but it is not detrimental in any way, it
just adds a bit of dimension to the bread.

Eating the end slice right now with some butter. It's really really
good.