Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default TJ's Tuna in Green Curry Sauce - tried it last night

Someone recently mentioned this product and the Tuna in
Red Panang Curry Sauce on rfc. They sounded good so I got
some the next time I went to TJ's.

Last night I had the green curry over rice noodles. It was
good flavor-wise, but boy was it hot!!!!! I'm sort of medium
in my heat tolerance, so it wasn't too hot to eat, but I don't
enjoy a whole plateful of something that hot. I like my heat
in dribs and drabs. I was disappointed because the tuna itself
was excellent in quality and I like the idea of having this on
hand when for times when I don't want to cook.

I hope the Red Curry is not as hot, but it probably will be.
They should put the heat level on the box!

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 14:26:01 -0500, Kate Connally
> wrote:

> Someone recently mentioned this product and the Tuna in
> Red Panang Curry Sauce on rfc. They sounded good so I got
> some the next time I went to TJ's.
>
> Last night I had the green curry over rice noodles. It was
> good flavor-wise, but boy was it hot!!!!! I'm sort of medium
> in my heat tolerance, so it wasn't too hot to eat, but I don't
> enjoy a whole plateful of something that hot. I like my heat
> in dribs and drabs. I was disappointed because the tuna itself
> was excellent in quality and I like the idea of having this on
> hand when for times when I don't want to cook.
>
> I hope the Red Curry is not as hot, but it probably will be.
> They should put the heat level on the box!

Your hot might be someone else's not so hot. However, it would be
helpful to see one of those colored scoville-scales on the label (the
one that resembles a thermometer).

I've been pondering about buying the green curry. I like heat, so if
it's medium I'd like it and so would everyone else... except my
son-in-law, whose stomach can't take anything hotter than a bell
pepper.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate Connally wrote:

> I hope the Red Curry is not as hot, but it probably will be.
> They should put the heat level on the box!

It is more hot, just right in my book.
The sauce is thicker and creamier because
it has coconut milk. Absolutely delicious!
I like it very much more than the green.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/14/2011 6:44 PM, Mark Thorson wrote:
> Kate Connally wrote:
>>
>> I hope the Red Curry is not as hot, but it probably will be.
>> They should put the heat level on the box!

> It is more hot,

Oh, great! ;-(

> just right in my book.
> The sauce is thicker and creamier because
> it has coconut milk.

The green curry has coconut milk, so I don't think that
accounts for the difference in thickness.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
€œIf I were as old as I feel, Id be dead already.€

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate Connally wrote:
> On 2/14/2011 6:44 PM, Mark Thorson wrote:
>> Kate Connally wrote:
>>>
>>> I hope the Red Curry is not as hot, but it probably will be.
>>> They should put the heat level on the box!

>> It is more hot,

> Oh, great! ;-(
>
>> just right in my book.
>> The sauce is thicker and creamier because
>> it has coconut milk.

> The green curry has coconut milk, so I don't think that
> accounts for the difference in thickness.
>
> Kate

What size are the packages? 3 oz? 4.5 oz? Is this something I can
eat at work without the smell causing a riot near the microwave?

-Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 14, 11:26*am, Kate Connally > wrote:
> Someone recently mentioned this product and the Tuna in
> Red Panang Curry Sauce on rfc. *They sounded good so I got
> some the next time I went to TJ's.

Are these frozen products? I looked at my nearest TJ's (northern
CA) a couple of days ago but didn't spot them. I was behind
schedule so didn't have time to ask.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

zxcvbob wrote:

> What size are the packages? 3 oz? 4.5 oz? Is this something I can
> eat at work without the smell causing a riot near the microwave?

7 oz. for $1.49. I haven't prepared it in a microwave,
but I doubt it would be a problem.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

KevinS wrote:

> On Feb 14, 11:26 am, Kate Connally > wrote:
> > Someone recently mentioned this product and the Tuna in
> > Red Panang Curry Sauce on rfc. They sounded good so I got
> > some the next time I went to TJ's.

> Are these frozen products? I looked at my nearest TJ's (northern
> CA) a couple of days ago but didn't spot them. I was behind
> schedule so didn't have time to ask.

No, they are boil-in-bag, but you can also
pour the contents into a microwave-safe dish
and nuke 'em. They are shelved next to the
canned fish.