FoodBanter.com

-   -   Maybe slightly OT - Astronomical food prices (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/404933-maybe-slightly-ot-astronomical.html)

[email protected] 11-02-2011 05:51 AM

Maybe slightly OT - Astronomical food prices

Talk about sticker shock, check some of these unbelievable prices at a
grocery store in Canada's High Arctic!
Large jar Cheese Whiz $29.39
Ocean Spray Cranberry Cocktail $38.99
A total of 9 items shown in this CBC news report:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story...od-prices.html

Ross.

spamtrap1888 11-02-2011 06:56 AM

On Feb 10, 9:51*pm, [email protected] wrote:
Talk about sticker shock, check some of these unbelievable prices at a
grocery store in Canada's High Arctic!
Large jar Cheese Whiz *$29.39
Ocean Spray Cranberry Cocktail * $38.99
A total of 9 items shown in this CBC news report:http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story...c-bay-food-pri...

That's why I only eat seal and muskox while I'm there.

sf[_9_] 11-02-2011 07:47 AM

Maybe slightly OT - Astronomical food prices

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 22:56:54 -0800 (PST), spamtrap1888
wrote:

On Feb 10, 9:51*pm, [email protected] wrote:
Talk about sticker shock, check some of these unbelievable prices at a
grocery store in Canada's High Arctic!
Large jar Cheese Whiz *$29.39
Ocean Spray Cranberry Cocktail * $38.99
A total of 9 items shown in this CBC news report:http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story...c-bay-food-pri...

That's why I only eat seal and muskox while I'm there.

You're a real locavore! ;)

Graham 11-02-2011 02:47 PM

[email protected] wrote in message
Talk about sticker shock, check some of these unbelievable prices at a
grocery store in Canada's High Arctic!
Large jar Cheese Whiz $29.39
Ocean Spray Cranberry Cocktail $38.99
A total of 9 items shown in this CBC news report:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story...od-prices.html

Ross.

There's obviously an opportunity for you to set up a company to transport
these things up there and undercut the competition!

Brooklyn1 11-02-2011 05:13 PM

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 00:51:11 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

Talk about sticker shock, check some of these unbelievable prices at a
grocery store in Canada's High Arctic!
Large jar Cheese Whiz $29.39
Ocean Spray Cranberry Cocktail $38.99
A total of 9 items shown in this CBC news report:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story...od-prices.html

Ross.

Dare I ask the price for a can of SPAM?