Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mexican Food

Cojones de Toro

While a tourist was sipping his tequila at a restaurant in Cabo San
Lucas, he noticed a sizzling, scrumptious-looking platter being served
at the next table. Not only did it look good, the aroma was wonderful.
He asked the waiter, "What is that you just served?" "Ah, senor," the
waiter replied, "you have excellent taste! Those are called 'Cojones
de Toro', the testicles from a bull fight this morning. A delicacy!"
It smelled so good, the tourist said, "What the heck, bring me an
order." "I am so sorry, senor," said the waiter. "There is only one
serving per day because there is only one bull fight each morning. If
you come early tomorrow and place your order, we will be sure to save
you this delicacy." The next morning, the tourist returned, and
placed his order. That evening he was served the one and only special
delicacy of the day. After a few bites and inspecting his platter, he
called the waiter and said, "These are delicious, but they are much,
much smaller than the one I saw you serve yesterday." The waiter
shrugged his shoulders and replied, "Si, Senor. Sometimes the bull
wins."
---