FoodBanter.com

-   -   More on the quest to eat better (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/404714-more-quest-eat-better.html)

Cheryl[_3_] 03-02-2011 02:35 AM

More on the quest to eat better

I made a stuffed red pepper. Bell peppers are one of the things I don't
normally like. I think it's because I've only tried them raw and they
taste too strong.

I decided to try a red bell pepper and stuff it with rice, tomato sauce,
seasonings and ground meat. I used the "meatloaf mix" because I didn't
have any meat on hand to grind, and chuck wasn't on sale.

I really liked it! I put just a tiny bit of freshly shredded parm after
it came out of the oven. The pepper was so big that I cut it in half
and had two portions; one to eat tonight, and one for lunch tomorrow.

http://i51.tinypic.com/28wpa8y.jpg

pavane[_3_] 03-02-2011 03:10 AM

"Cheryl" > wrote in message ...
|I made a stuffed red pepper. Bell peppers are one of the things I don't
| normally like. I think it's because I've only tried them raw and they
| taste too strong.
|
| I decided to try a red bell pepper and stuff it with rice, tomato sauce,
| seasonings and ground meat. I used the "meatloaf mix" because I didn't
| have any meat on hand to grind, and chuck wasn't on sale.
|
| I really liked it! I put just a tiny bit of freshly shredded parm after
| it came out of the oven. The pepper was so big that I cut it in half
| and had two portions; one to eat tonight, and one for lunch tomorrow.
|
| http://i51.tinypic.com/28wpa8y.jpg

Great idea. I'd just about forgotten about stuffed green peppers,
and the red pepper has more flavor and presence. Thanks for the
posting, sounds like some retro fun, gotta go try this. Maybe with
less rice and a fried egg as a topping. Or some southwest flavor.

pavane

ImStillMags 03-02-2011 03:20 PM

On Feb 2, 6:35*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
> I made a stuffed red pepper. *Bell peppers are one of the things I don't
> normally like. I think it's because I've only tried them raw and they
> taste too strong.
>
> I decided to try a red bell pepper and stuff it with rice, tomato sauce,
> seasonings and ground meat. *I used the "meatloaf mix" because I didn't
> have any meat on hand to grind, and chuck wasn't on sale.
>
> I really liked it! *I put just a tiny bit of freshly shredded parm after
> it came out of the oven. *The pepper was so big that I cut it in half
> and had two portions; one to eat tonight, and one for lunch tomorrow.
>
> http://i51.tinypic.com/28wpa8y.jpg

I seem to remember you like zucchini or yellow squash, right? I
love stuffed zucchini. I first learned about stuffing zucchini from
the original Moosewook cookbook eons ago. So I googled around and
found this interesting recipe I think you might like. It's a Mexican
stuffed zucchini.....zuccanoes....

something different for you to try....they sound yummy.

http://www.twosisterstwosuppers.com/...zuccanoes.html

Lou decruss 03-02-2011 03:50 PM

More on the quest to eat better

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 07:20:45 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Feb 2, 6:35*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
>> I made a stuffed red pepper. *Bell peppers are one of the things I don't
>> normally like. I think it's because I've only tried them raw and they
>> taste too strong.
>>
>> I decided to try a red bell pepper and stuff it with rice, tomato sauce,
>> seasonings and ground meat. *I used the "meatloaf mix" because I didn't
>> have any meat on hand to grind, and chuck wasn't on sale.
>>
>> I really liked it! *I put just a tiny bit of freshly shredded parm after
>> it came out of the oven. *The pepper was so big that I cut it in half
>> and had two portions; one to eat tonight, and one for lunch tomorrow.
>>
>> http://i51.tinypic.com/28wpa8y.jpg

>I seem to remember you like zucchini or yellow squash, right? I
>love stuffed zucchini. I first learned about stuffing zucchini from
>the original Moosewook cookbook eons ago. So I googled around and
>found this interesting recipe I think you might like. It's a Mexican
>stuffed zucchini.....zuccanoes....
>
>something different for you to try....they sound yummy.
>
>http://www.twosisterstwosuppers.com/...zuccanoes.html

That looks awesome. Thanks for posting.

Lou

projectile vomit chick[_3_] 03-02-2011 08:44 PM

On Feb 3, 9:20*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Feb 2, 6:35*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
>
> > I made a stuffed red pepper. *Bell peppers are one of the things I don't
> > normally like. I think it's because I've only tried them raw and they
> > taste too strong.

> > I decided to try a red bell pepper and stuff it with rice, tomato sauce,
> > seasonings and ground meat. *I used the "meatloaf mix" because I didn't
> > have any meat on hand to grind, and chuck wasn't on sale.

> > I really liked it! *I put just a tiny bit of freshly shredded parm after
> > it came out of the oven. *The pepper was so big that I cut it in half
> > and had two portions; one to eat tonight, and one for lunch tomorrow.

> >http://i51.tinypic.com/28wpa8y.jpg

> I seem to remember you like zucchini or yellow squash, right? * *I
> love stuffed zucchini. *I first learned about stuffing zucchini from
> the original Moosewook cookbook eons ago. * So I googled around and
> found this interesting recipe I think you might like. *It's a Mexican
> stuffed zucchini.....zuccanoes....
>
> something different for you to try....they sound yummy.
>
> http://www.twosisterstwosuppers.com/...zuccanoes.html

That looks good, thanks.

LES.Jecky 04-02-2011 07:34 AM