Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pomegranate

I love pomegranates and have read that the seeds can also be
eatened. I chew on the seed for the pulp and then spit the seeds
out. So do you just swallow the seeds whole? I can't imagine
being able to digest them. Thanks.

Lucille
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 27, 12:11*pm, Lucille > wrote:
> I love pomegranates and have read that the seeds can also be
> eatened. * I chew on the seed for the pulp and then spit the seeds
> out. * *So do you just swallow the seeds whole? * I can't imagine
> being able to digest them. Thanks.
>
> * * * * * *Lucille

So...you're the one that's been spitting seeds all over the place!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lucille > wrote:

>I love pomegranates and have read that the seeds can also be
>eatened. I chew on the seed for the pulp and then spit the seeds
>out. So do you just swallow the seeds whole? I can't imagine
>being able to digest them. Thanks.

Normally I squish the seeds through a strainer, use the juice
in whatever recipe calls for it, and discard the pulp.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Just chew them like nuts.

Given how long it can take if you don't want to use gloves, make a
really drippy mess, or stain your hands (it takes me 40 minutes with
the big ones, but all I have to do afterward is scrub my nails) why
take any more time or work than that, if it isn't necessary?

Lenona.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:11:03 -0800 (PST), Lucille
> wrote:

>I love pomegranates and have read that the seeds can also be
>eatened. I chew on the seed for the pulp and then spit the seeds
>out. So do you just swallow the seeds whole? I can't imagine
>being able to digest them. Thanks.

I eat the seeds. Restaurants serve dishes topped with pomegranate
seeds. The chef can't intend for people to spit out seeds at a
restaurant.

Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 27, 6:34*pm, Tara > wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:11:03 -0800 (PST), Lucille
>
> > wrote:
> >I love pomegranates and have read that the seeds can also be
> >eatened. * I chew on the seed for the pulp and then spit the seeds
> >out. * *So do you just swallow the seeds whole? * I can't imagine
> >being able to digest them. Thanks.

> I eat the seeds. * *Restaurants serve dishes topped with pomegranate
> seeds. * *The chef can't intend for people to spit out seeds at a
> restaurant.
>
> Tara

Thanks for your reply everyone. I didn't realized that those seeds
were chewable.
I'll try it with the next pomegranate I buy.

Lucille

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/27/2011 6:42 PM, Lucille wrote:
> On Jan 27, 6:34 pm, > wrote:
>> On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:11:03 -0800 (PST), Lucille
>>
>> > wrote:
>>> I love pomegranates and have read that the seeds can also be
>>> eatened. I chew on the seed for the pulp and then spit the seeds
>>> out. So do you just swallow the seeds whole? I can't imagine
>>> being able to digest them. Thanks.

>> I eat the seeds. Restaurants serve dishes topped with pomegranate
>> seeds. The chef can't intend for people to spit out seeds at a
>> restaurant.
>>
>> Tara

> Thanks for your reply everyone. I didn't realized that those seeds
> were chewable.
> I'll try it with the next pomegranate I buy.
>
> Lucille

I eat them too...they're crunchy and full of fiber.

--
Currently Reading: Falling Free by Lois McMaster Bujold
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 18:34:29 -0500, Tara >
wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:11:03 -0800 (PST), Lucille
> wrote:
>
>>I love pomegranates and have read that the seeds can also be
>>eatened. I chew on the seed for the pulp and then spit the seeds
>>out. So do you just swallow the seeds whole? I can't imagine
>>being able to digest them. Thanks.
>>

>I eat the seeds. Restaurants serve dishes topped with pomegranate
>seeds. The chef can't intend for people to spit out seeds at a
>restaurant.
>
>Tara

Never gotten a Greek salad, I guess.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 19:40:55 -0500, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 18:34:29 -0500, Tara >
>wrote:
>>
>>I eat the seeds. Restaurants serve dishes topped with pomegranate
>>seeds. The chef can't intend for people to spit out seeds at a
>>restaurant.
>>
>>Tara

>Never gotten a Greek salad, I guess.

I don't put the whole olive in my mouth and spit out the pit. I eat
around the pit and then discard it. I guess that doesn't sound much
more appetizing.

Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara > wrote:

>I don't put the whole olive in my mouth and spit out the pit. I eat
>around the pit and then discard it. I guess that doesn't sound much
>more appetizing.

One can use a knife and fork to eat an un-pitted olive.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/27/2011 3:11 PM, Lucille wrote:
> I love pomegranates and have read that the seeds can also be
> eatened. I chew on the seed for the pulp and then spit the seeds
> out. So do you just swallow the seeds whole? I can't imagine
> being able to digest them. Thanks.
>
> Lucille

Just chew them lightly to release the juice and then just
swallow them. They won't hurt you. You will not end up
with a pomegranate tree growing in your stomach or
intestines. However, if you accidentally inhale one (or
any other seed) you could end up with something growing
in your lung. ;-) Okay, just messing around. Just
swallow the damn things.

I have this problem when I invited people to T-day dinner
who have never eaten pomegranate seeds before. I always
make an orange pomegranate compote which consists of orange
segments and pomegranate seeds and freshly grated coconut.
This year I had friends over and they just left all the seeds
in the bottom of the dish, even after I explained how to eat
them. Sheesh!

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kate Connally wrote:

> Just chew them lightly to release the juice and then just
> swallow them. They won't hurt you. You will not end up
> with a pomegranate tree growing in your stomach or
> intestines. However, if you accidentally inhale one (or
> any other seed) you could end up with something growing
> in your lung. ;-) Okay, just messing around. Just
> swallow the damn things.
>
> I have this problem when I invited people to T-day dinner
> who have never eaten pomegranate seeds before. I always
> make an orange pomegranate compote which consists of orange
> segments and pomegranate seeds and freshly grated coconut.
> This year I had friends over and they just left all the seeds
> in the bottom of the dish, even after I explained how to eat
> them. Sheesh!

People with diverticulosis or -itis should not be encouraged to eat
seeds of any kind. Ever.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/27/2011 2:11 PM, Lucille wrote:
> I love pomegranates and have read that the seeds can also be
> eatened. I chew on the seed for the pulp and then spit the seeds
> out. So do you just swallow the seeds whole? I can't imagine
> being able to digest them. Thanks.
>
> Lucille

When we were kids, we would pick pomegranates and throw them at each
other. How I wish I had them, now. Here is how you eat a pomegranate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fco-95_Aa0M

Becca

Pomegranate seeds [email protected] Preserving 2 28-10-2013 06:36 AM
pomegranate lainie General Cooking 5 07-12-2010 12:39 PM
POMEGRANATE madis General Cooking 3 20-10-2009 02:28 AM
REC: Pomegranate Jelly Becca[_3_] General Cooking 1 22-12-2008 04:09 AM
Pomegranate 7up ravenlynne General Cooking 22 12-11-2007 07:00 PM