Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

Default Oxyhydrogen Radiant Heater

Hi:

I’m thinking of hypothetical oxyhydrogen-fired radiant heater in which
the significant emitter of thermal radiation is the flame itself.

In terms of oxidant/fuel ratio, the flame is lean – more oxygen than
hydrogen. Oxygen [O2] is the only oxidant to burn the fuel.

Each and every molecule of the hydrogen is fully-oxidized by the
oxygen. There is also an additional oxygen pumped in with the
oxyhydrogen mixture to ensure that there all hydrogen molecules are
completely burned into water molecules. This is so that there is no
unburned hydrogen to any extent.

There are 6 sides to this radiant heater. Left, right, back, front,
up, and down. The height of the left, right, front and back are the
same. The top and bottom are shorter in length than the heights of the
aforementioned. However, the top and bottom are of the same width as
the widths of the left and right. The front of the heater is what
faces the object intended to be heated. The front consists of eco-
friendly material that is completely transparent to all EM radiation
from 100,000 nm to 300 nm. The interior of the back of the heater
consists of eco-friendly material that completely reflects all
wavelengths of EM radiation from 100,000 nm to 300 nm. The interiors
of the left and right of the panel also consist of eco-friendly
material that totally reflects wavelengths of EM radiations from
100,000 nm to 300 nm. The bottom of the panel is where the flame is
emitted. The length of the flame is almost as long as the bottom of
the panel. The top of the panel is where hot gases from the combustion
escape – this is the exhaust and is as long as the flame. The material
on the front of this heater has a low-enough heat conduction
coefficient that it remains perceptibly cool even though it allows
thermal radiation to escape outward.

There are three pipes attaches to the bottom of this heater. One
carries the hydrogen, while the other two carry oxygen.

This infrared heater is air-tight prior to combustion. Also, prior to
combustion, the only gas present in the heater is additional amount of
oxygen. There is a sufficient amount of oxygen [but not more] such
that the air pressure inside the heater equates to the air pressure
outside the heater – this is to prevent any damage to the heating
panel caused by pressure differences. Just before ignition of the
fuel, the correct amount of oxygen is removed such that the high-
temperature of the flame does not raise the internal air pressure to
the point of damage. Also, the ignition is smooth and completely non-
explosive. Just prior to the ignition, an adequate amount of hydrogen
and oxygen are discharged into the heater in the slow, smooth,
continuous manner. Now, when the amount of the oxyhydrogen mixture is
enough for ignition and self-sustaining combustion, an electric spark
is discharged which causes the fuel to catch fire. The amount of flame
is adjustable in terms of height and width – however the length is
constant. At the lowest setting there is just enough flame for the IR
radiation to be perceptible as warmth. At the highest setting the
flame nearly fills up the entire heating panel.

I’m thinking of two applications for this radiant heater:

1. Use mild versions of the heater in cold parts of the world in
outdoor public places to keep citizens warm – such as the roof-tops
dining locations of restaurants in Northern Europe, where the climate
is often cold and wet.
2. More intense versions of this heater can be used to cook food
"medium rare". Think charred pork that’s bloody red on the inside.

Thanks,

Green Xenon
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

On Jan 25, 8:15*pm, GreenXenon > wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I’m thinking [...]

Suspension of disbelief shattered.

Why do you keep posting such stupid shit? Find a better hobby, like
alcoholism.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

In article <502c2acf-a7c4-4474-8aad-023fe9c59a08
@c13g2000prc.googlegroups.com>, says...

> Hi:
>
> I?m thinking of hypothetical oxyhydrogen-fired radiant heater in which
> the significant emitter of thermal radiation is the flame itself.

Flames themselves are very poor IR radiants,
compared to solid surfaces of the same temperature.

--
Poutnik
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

On 26/01/2011 04:15, GreenXenon wrote:
> [...]
> enough for ignition and self-sustaining combustion, an electric spark
> is discharged which causes the fuel to catch fire. The amount of flame
> is adjustable in terms of height and width – however the length is
> constant. At the lowest setting there is just enough flame for the IR
> radiation to be perceptible as warmth. At the highest setting the
> flame nearly fills up the entire heating panel.
>
> I’m thinking of two applications for this radiant heater:
>
> 1. Use mild versions of the heater in cold parts of the world in
> outdoor public places to keep citizens warm – such as the roof-tops
> dining locations of restaurants in Northern Europe, where the climate
> is often cold and wet.
> 2. More intense versions of this heater can be used to cook food
> "medium rare". Think charred pork that’s bloody red on the inside.

Fantastic idea, the steam produced could even be used to cook the
vegtables.

I suggest you would be better spending your time building one instead of
wasting time telling the world about it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

On Jan 26, 12:51*am, Eric Gisse > wrote:
> On Jan 25, 8:15*pm, GreenXenon > wrote:
>
> > Hi:

> > I’m thinking [...]

> Suspension of disbelief shattered.
>
> Why do you keep posting such stupid shit? Find a better hobby, like
> alcoholism.

I think he already has a hobby like that. I certainly couldn't
come up with all the stupid shit that he does without a
psychoactive chemical assist.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

On Jan 25, 10:39*pm, Poutnik > wrote:

> Flames themselves are very poor IR radiants,
> compared to solid surfaces of the same temperature.

Just out of curiosity, what entity emits the highest-intensity
[intensity is measured in photons-per-second-per-square-meter] of EM
radiation at wavelengths in the range of 3,000 to 100,000 nm [IR-C
spectrum] yet at the same time emits the lowest-intensity of EM
radiation outside of the IR-C range?
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

"CWatters" > wrote in message
o.uk...
> [...]
>> radiation to be perceptible as warmth. At the highest setting the
>> flame nearly fills up the entire heating panel.
>>
>> I’m thinking of two applications for this radiant heater:
>>
>> 1. Use mild versions of the heater in cold parts of the world in
>> outdoor public places to keep citizens warm – such as the roof-tops
>> dining locations of restaurants in Northern Europe, where the climate
>> is often cold and wet.
>> 2. More intense versions of this heater can be used to cook food
>> "medium rare". Think charred pork that’s bloody red on the inside.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Green Xenon

> Fantastic idea, the steam produced could even be used to cook the
> vegtables.
>
> I suggest you would be better spending your time building one instead of
> wasting time telling the world about it.

Maybe something that is not cost prohibitive to produce, and/or operate.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

On 1/25/2011 9:51 PM, Eric Gisse wrote:
> On Jan 25, 8:15 pm, > wrote:
>> Hi:
>>
>> I’m thinking [...]

> Suspension of disbelief shattered.
>
> Why do you keep posting such stupid shit? Find a better hobby, like
> alcoholism.

Suggest he invent an Oxyhydrogen Radiant Heater STILL, and
kill two birds with one stone.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

On Jan 26, 7:55*am, GreenXenon > wrote:
> On Jan 25, 10:39*pm, Poutnik > wrote:
>
> > Flames themselves are very poor IR radiants,
> > compared to solid surfaces of the same temperature.

> Just out of curiosity, what entity emits the highest-intensity
> [intensity is measured in photons-per-second-per-square-meter] of EM
> radiation at wavelengths in the range of 3,000 to 100,000 nm [IR-C
> spectrum] yet at the same time emits the lowest-intensity of EM
> radiation outside of the IR-C range?

You do!

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

I had to look up that word.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/emition

emition
- no dictionary results

What's it mean?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Poutnik" > wrote in message
.. .

I suggest you to study basics of thermal radiation of solid
bodies,
before starting meaningful discussion.

Concerning thermal emition,
bodies with maximum emition in IR-C interval are deeply
frozen bodies.

--
Poutnik

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

On 1/26/2011 5:21 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
> I had to look up that word.
> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/emition
>
> emition
> - no dictionary results
>
> What's it mean?

He may have been trying to write "emission". Hooked on phonics
didn't work in his case but heck, sum tymes eye caynt spel. :-)

TDD
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

Dear Mr Xenon
Reading your posts makes my brain hurt
as a child did people call you stupid and give you swirlies
seems to me they did and now your over compensating
its not working
to me you seem like a idiot
"an Individual with the lowest mental age level (less than three
years) is identified as an idiot"

Respecfully
maxx

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

Aye wuntert wadt dott vuz.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" > wrote in
message ...
On 1/26/2011 5:21 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
> I had to look up that word.
> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/emition
>
> emition
> - no dictionary results
>
> What's it mean?

He may have been trying to write "emission". Hooked on
phonics
didn't work in his case but heck, sum tymes eye caynt spel.
:-)

TDD

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

"Stormin Mormon" > fired this volley in
:

> Christopher A. Young
> Learn more about Jesus
> www.lds.org

STORMY! Please don't cross-post to the groups he's abusing. He's F888in'
nuts, and we don't need him blathering here, but we ALSO don't need cross-
posters slamming us.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

In article >, cayoung61
says...

> I had to look up that word.
> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/emition
>
> emition
> - no dictionary results
>
> What's it mean?

OK, I am not native english
and spelling can be sometimes wrong.

But did not Google instantly offer emission instead ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emissio...c_radiation%29

--
Poutnik
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

In article >,
Poutnik > wrote:

> > Dear Mr Xenon
> > Reading your posts makes my brain hurt
> > as a child did people call you stupid and give you swirlies
> > seems to me they did and now your over compensating
> > its not working
> > to me you seem like a idiot
> > "an Individual with the lowest mental age level (less than three
> > years) is identified as an idiot"

He made my brain hurt too! That is while I kill filed him. My problem is
how to kill file posts that refer to him.

Bill

--
An old man would be better off never having been born.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

On Jan 26, 12:51*am, Eric Gisse > wrote:
> On Jan 25, 8:15*pm, GreenXenon > wrote:
>
> > Hi:

> > I’m thinking [...]

> Suspension of disbelief shattered.
>
> Why do you keep posting such stupid shit? Find a better hobby, like
> alcoholism.

One would think that he's already mastered that one. Maybe he should
continue drinking so as not to post while suffering from DT's.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

"GreenXenon" wrote in message

On Jan 25, 10:39 pm, Poutnik > wrote:

> Flames themselves are very poor IR radiants,
> compared to solid surfaces of the same temperature.

Just out of curiosity, what entity emits the highest-intensity
[intensity is measured in photons-per-second-per-square-meter] of EM
radiation at wavelengths in the range of 3,000 to 100,000 nm [IR-C
spectrum] yet at the same time emits the lowest-intensity of EM
radiation outside of the IR-C range?

YOUR ASS!

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

In article >,
"Oscar_Lives" > wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, what entity emits the highest-intensity
> [intensity is measured in photons-per-second-per-square-meter] of EM
> radiation at wavelengths in the range of 3,000 to 100,000 nm [IR-C
> spectrum] yet at the same time emits the lowest-intensity of EM
> radiation outside of the IR-C range?

For intensity, the photons must be weighted by their energy which is
proportional to frequency. Photon count by itself is inadequate.

The question you ask is difficult to answer. The spectral emissivity of
a substance varies with temperature or other conditions. For example, a
xenon flashtube is obviously pretty transparent to infrared and visible
light. Heat it up enough with a discharge and it starts to resemble a
black body. Almost all substances when heated up enough will look like a
black body.

One of Einstein's insights was to explain the law of Dulong & Petit.
regarding the temperature dependence of specific heats. In doing so, he
helped quantum mechanics get going to develop to a point that he denied
quantum mechanics in a way reminiscent of how some deny special
relativity on this newsgroup.

That aside, as temperature increases various modes of vibration of
molecules, atoms, ions, and even bound electrons get excited. These are
able to absorb and emit light.

Perhaps a Welsbach mantle is a good example for selective emission in a
solid. The original mantle consisted of a burned silk fabric containing
thorium oxide with some cerium oxide. The thorium was relatively white
throughout the near infrared and visible spectrum. Because thorium oxide
emissivity was low, it was possible for the mantle to reach a
temperature close to the flame temperature. When cerium oxide was added,
energy was encouraged to escape radiatively in the visible because the
cerium oxide had absorption lines there.

More recently, because of concern over radioactivity, thorium in the
mantles has been replaced by other elements. I believe yttrium oxide is
virtually transparent to near infrared and visible radiation.

Bill

--
An old man would be better off never having been born.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.hvac,rec.pyrotechnics,sci.physics,sci.chem

On Jan 27, 10:38*pm, Salmon Egg > wrote:
> In article >,
>
> *"Oscar_Lives" > wrote:
> > Just out of curiosity, what entity emits the highest-intensity
> > [intensity is measured in photons-per-second-per-square-meter] of EM
> > radiation at wavelengths in the range of 3,000 to 100,000 nm [IR-C
> > spectrum] yet at the same time emits the lowest-intensity of EM
> > radiation outside of the IR-C range?

> For intensity, the photons must be weighted by their energy which is
> proportional to frequency. Photon count by itself is inadequate.
>
> The question you ask is difficult to answer. The spectral emissivity of
> a substance varies with temperature or other conditions. For example, a
> xenon flashtube is obviously pretty transparent to infrared and visible
> light. Heat it up enough with a discharge and it starts to resemble a
> black body. Almost all substances when heated up enough will look like a
> black body.
>
> One of Einstein's insights was to explain the law of Dulong & Petit.
> regarding the temperature dependence of specific heats. In doing so, he
> helped quantum mechanics get going to develop to a point that he denied
> quantum mechanics in a way reminiscent of how some deny special
> relativity on this newsgroup.
>
> That aside, as temperature increases various modes of vibration of
> molecules, atoms, ions, and even bound electrons get excited. These are
> able to absorb and emit light.
>
> Perhaps a *Welsbach mantle is a good example for selective emission in a
> solid. The original mantle consisted of a burned silk fabric containing
> thorium oxide with some cerium oxide. The thorium was relatively white
> throughout the near infrared and visible spectrum. Because thorium oxide
> emissivity was low, it was possible for the mantle to reach a
> temperature close to the flame temperature. When cerium oxide was added,
> energy was encouraged to escape radiatively in the visible because the
> cerium oxide had absorption lines there.
>
> More recently, because of concern over radioactivity, thorium in the
> mantles has been replaced by other elements. I believe yttrium oxide is
> virtually transparent to near infrared and visible radiation.
>
> Bill
>
> --
> An old man would be better off never having been born.

When I was using, I would buy 30 40's for $750.00.
I went through so many I got a mortar & pestal to crush.
Oh wait, this is about Oxyhydrogen, I read Oxycontin.
My bad!
Still, good to be clean.