Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Upscale BBQ

Christine Dabney wrote:
> Heya folks,
>
> I am coming up on my 60th birthday, and thinking of what I want to do
> to celebrate....
> Because I am chronically broke, I am settling on a BBQ..with some sort
> of pulled pork. I have my smoker in custody at the Terwillegers..and
> I will probably smoke some pork there. I am inviting all northern
> Cal folks in the region to join me for my birthday... This is my
> big 60.
>
> I am thinking it might be fun to plan an upscale bbq around my smoked
> pork. Not sure how we could tweak it..and yet keep the essential
> character of a pork BBQ.
>
> If any of you have ideas, let me know. I am considering all ideas at
> this point. I want this to have the essential character of a pig
> pickin'/pulled pork bbq, but with an upscale variation. I am
> interested in seeing if I/we can upscale this.....so it still keeps
> it's character, but is an upscale version with elements intact.
>
> So far, I know a version of deviled eggs is on the menu..but not sure
> what yet.
>
> I want some sort of slaw in the presentation...it just goes naturally
> with pulled pork.
>
> And greens. Southerners love their greens..and they are an integral
> part.. How would you integrate them into the menu...? Not
> necessarily as just greens...
>
> And beans.. what do you think?
>
> And potato salad? How could it be upscaled?
>
> I am forgetting stuff I know. I am also thinking of pickled onions..
>
> Ideas?
> Remember..I want it to be traditonal, but NOT traditional. Upscale
> is the word... Be creative..
>
> All ideas are considered. Remember..this is my big 60 birthday
>
> And Bob T.. I have ideas for my dessert, already..LOL
>
> Christine

[So you are about a year behind me, Christine. I am coming up on 61.]

--
Jean B.

Upscale BBQ Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 4 16-03-2011 06:53 AM
Upscale BBQ Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 9 24-01-2011 12:05 AM
Upscale BBQ sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 23-01-2011 12:20 AM
Upscale BBQ [email protected] General Cooking 0 22-01-2011 08:58 PM
Upscale BBQ Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 2 22-01-2011 07:18 AM