Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pampered chef tube decorator

Anybody use one? My wife has a Pampered Chef 'party' to go to
tonight & we're trying to come up with some ideas. I filled those
profiteroles with pastry bags, but it seems like something solid would
be easier than juggling with a floppy bag.

For $20 it seems like this might fit the bill-
http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering...pc?prodId=4075

Or is there a perfect tool for newbies filling pastries that I'm
overlooking?

Thanks-
Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 17, 9:50*am, Jim Elbrecht > wrote:
> Anybody use one? * * My wife has a Pampered Chef 'party' to go to
> tonight & we're trying to come up with some ideas. * * I filled those
> profiteroles with pastry bags, but it seems like something solid would
> be easier than juggling with a floppy bag.
>
> For $20 it seems like this might fit the bill-http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/prod_details.tpc?prodId=4075
>
> Or is there a perfect tool for newbies filling pastries *that I'm
> overlooking?
>
> Thanks-
> Jim

I bought one PC product out of the catalog, and found it to be less
than the quality I'd hoped for. The stuff looks skimpy, and by the
time you pay the shipping etc, you'd do better at a brick and mortar,
IMO.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 17, 10:12*am, Kalmia > wrote:
> On Jan 17, 9:50*am, Jim Elbrecht > wrote:
>
> > Anybody use one? * * My wife has a Pampered Chef 'party' to go to
> > tonight & we're trying to come up with some ideas. * * I filled those
> > profiteroles with pastry bags, but it seems like something solid would
> > be easier than juggling with a floppy bag.

> > For $20 it seems like this might fit the bill-http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/prod_details.tpc?prodId=4075

> > Or is there a perfect tool for newbies filling pastries *that I'm
> > overlooking?

> > Thanks-
> > Jim

> I bought one PC product out of the catalog, and found it to be less
> than the quality I'd hoped for. *The stuff looks skimpy, and by the
> time you pay the shipping etc, you'd do better at a brick and mortar,
> IMO.

I have several PC items and love all of them. I have found them to be
high quality and with one exception, they all are in perfect
condition.
I love their pizza stone. Mine is black we use it so much.It is great
for
heating grocery store frozen pizzas. The bottoms get nice and crispy
and I leave it in the oven and put casserole dishes on top of it and
they seem to cook more evenly.
My daughter has the pots & pans and loves them too. Unless the
quality has gone down in the last 3 years, its good 'stuff'.
Nanzi
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia > wrote:

>On Jan 17, 9:50*am, Jim Elbrecht > wrote:
>> Anybody use one? * * My wife has a Pampered Chef 'party' to go to
>> tonight & we're trying to come up with some ideas. * * I filled those
>> profiteroles with pastry bags, but it seems like something solid would
>> be easier than juggling with a floppy bag.
>>
>> For $20 it seems like this might fit the bill-http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/prod_details.tpc?prodId=4075
>>
>> Or is there a perfect tool for newbies filling pastries *that I'm
>> overlooking?
>>
>> Thanks-
>> Jim

>I bought one PC product out of the catalog, and found it to be less
>than the quality I'd hoped for. The stuff looks skimpy, and by the
>time you pay the shipping etc, you'd do better at a brick and mortar,
>IMO.

No shipping as it is a home 'show'. And she'll likely spend $20 on
*something* - so if these work, it might as well be one of them.<g>

We have a few PC things around the house as Kathy has a bunch of
friends who keep having the parties. I especially like their big
serving spatula. It is big enough, strong enough, and has sharp
edges that will cut through lasagna.

Some of the stuff is gimmicky- but I don't remember low quality on
anything. I feel your pain-- they'll never get a shot at
another first impression for you-- but I have been pleased with them,
though I usually think they are a little overpriced.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
On Jan 17, 9:50 am, Jim Elbrecht > wrote:
> Anybody use one? My wife has a Pampered Chef 'party' to go to
> tonight & we're trying to come up with some ideas. I filled those
> profiteroles with pastry bags, but it seems like something solid would
> be easier than juggling with a floppy bag.
>
> For $20 it seems like this might fit the
> bill-http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/prod_details.tpc?prodId=4075
>
> Or is there a perfect tool for newbies filling pastries that I'm
> overlooking?
>
> Thanks-
> Jim

I bought one PC product out of the catalog, and found it to be less
than the quality I'd hoped for. The stuff looks skimpy, and by the
time you pay the shipping etc, you'd do better at a brick and mortar,
IMO.

I bought a few things. Still have the measuring cup but it is no better
than what you can get at the store. Just more expensive. I can't remember
what else I bought. Maybe one or two things. I don't use them any more
whatever they are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 17, 6:50*am, Jim Elbrecht > wrote:
> Anybody use one? * * My wife has a Pampered Chef 'party' to go to
> tonight & we're trying to come up with some ideas. * * I filled those
> profiteroles with pastry bags, but it seems like something solid would
> be easier than juggling with a floppy bag.
>
> For $20 it seems like this might fit the bill-http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/prod_details.tpc?prodId=4075
>
> Or is there a perfect tool for newbies filling pastries *that I'm
> overlooking?
>
> Thanks-
> Jim

The best thing is a pastry bag- those Pampered Chef things are crap.
Very little control...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 11:10:44 -0800 (PST), merryb >
wrote:

>On Jan 17, 6:50*am, Jim Elbrecht > wrote:
>> Anybody use one? * * My wife has a Pampered Chef 'party' to go to
>> tonight & we're trying to come up with some ideas. * * I filled those
>> profiteroles with pastry bags, but it seems like something solid would
>> be easier than juggling with a floppy bag.
>>
>> For $20 it seems like this might fit the bill-http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/prod_details.tpc?prodId=4075
>>
>> Or is there a perfect tool for newbies filling pastries *that I'm
>> overlooking?
>>
>> Thanks-
>> Jim

>The best thing is a pastry bag- those Pampered Chef things are crap.
>Very little control...

Then what am I doing wrong? I need one hand to hold the nozzle so
it will pierce the pastry, one hand to hold the pastry, and one hand
to squeeze the bag. Is there a one-handed pastry bag technique?

Somehow I just don't want to cut them. If I wanted to see the
filling I'd bake cups, not 'puffs'.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 17, 9:50 am, Jim Elbrecht > wrote:

> Or is there a perfect tool for newbies filling pastries that I'm
> overlooking?

Pastry bag. It can be worked one-handed.

But, OK, go ahead and laugh at this idea:

A really really really cleaned out caulk cartridge filled with
whatever goo you want to inject into pastry, in a standard caulk
"gun." Seems to me to be about the right amount of goo per pull (or a
few pulls). One-hand operation, exact placement, cheap tool, what's
not to like?

(Now waiting for someone to post a pointer to just such a food-grade
thing!)

--
Silvar Beitel
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 15:16:09 -0800 (PST), Silvar Beitel
> wrote:

>On Jan 17, 9:50 am, Jim Elbrecht > wrote:
>
>> Or is there a perfect tool for newbies filling pastries that I'm
>> overlooking?

>Pastry bag. It can be worked one-handed.
>
>But, OK, go ahead and laugh at this idea:
>
>A really really really cleaned out caulk cartridge filled with
>whatever goo you want to inject into pastry, in a standard caulk
>"gun." Seems to me to be about the right amount of goo per pull (or a
>few pulls). One-hand operation, exact placement, cheap tool, what's
>not to like?
>
>(Now waiting for someone to post a pointer to just such a food-grade
>thing!)

As I was reading that, I upgraded your idea to what I *think* the
Wilton one uses-- Just slip a pastry bag into the tube. Drill a
hole in the end just big enough to let 1/2 of the coupler through--
the screw part with the tip gets applied after it is through.

I may set one up next time last night's guests come over because she's
always teasing me that I have too many tools.

But I'll be trying the pampered chef one out- Kathy's on her way to
the show. A $20 experiment. If I don't like it for pastry
filling, I'll fill it with caulk and put it in the workshop.<g>

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 17:26:40 -0000, Janet > wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>> Anybody use one? My wife has a Pampered Chef 'party' to go to
>> tonight & we're trying to come up with some ideas. I filled those
>> profiteroles with pastry bags, but it seems like something solid would
>> be easier than juggling with a floppy bag.
>>
>> For $20 it seems like this might fit the bill-
>> http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering...pc?prodId=4075
>>
>> Or is there a perfect tool for newbies filling pastries that I'm
>> overlooking?

> Yep, it's called a spoon.

But then I'd have to decapitate the little things.<g> Might be
neater than some of the results I got while poking them with a pastry
bag, though.

Jim

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 17, 4:42*pm, Jim Elbrecht > wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 17:26:40 -0000, Janet > wrote:
> >In article >,
> says...

> >> Anybody use one? * * My wife has a Pampered Chef 'party' to go to
> >> tonight & we're trying to come up with some ideas. * * I filled those
> >> profiteroles with pastry bags, but it seems like something solid would
> >> be easier than juggling with a floppy bag.

> >> For $20 it seems like this might fit the bill-
> >>http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering...pc?prodId=4075

> >> Or is there a perfect tool for newbies filling pastries *that I'm
> >> overlooking?

> > * Yep, it's called a spoon.

> But then I'd have to decapitate the little things.<g> * *Might be
> neater than some of the results I got while poking them with a pastry
> bag, though.
>
> Jim- Hide quoted text -

Poke all of them first, then fill. When using a pastry bag, try
twisting the end closed instead of trying to roll it up to close. Hold
in one hand like you were going to milk a cow with the tip downward
and keep twisting as you use the filling up. With practice, very
little pressure is needed. Does this make any sense? Maybe someone
else can 'splain it better than I can!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

arranged random neurons and said:

>The best thing is a pastry bag- those Pampered Chef things are crap.
>Very little control...

Late to the thread, as usual, and not on point to the OP, but...

When Koko and I took the candy making class in San Diego, our
instructor used pastry bags that came in a huge long roll, like trash
can liners, etc. such as this:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/4r2zomv

She just nipped the end after it was filled, then threw it away after
use. Tidy as can be.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 11:10:44 -0800 (PST), merryb >
> arranged random neurons and said:
>
> >The best thing is a pastry bag- those Pampered Chef things are crap.
> >Very little control...

> Late to the thread, as usual, and not on point to the OP, but...
>
> When Koko and I took the candy making class in San Diego, our
> instructor used pastry bags that came in a huge long roll, like trash
> can liners, etc. such as this:
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/4r2zomv
>
> She just nipped the end after it was filled, then threw it away after
> use. Tidy as can be.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

Cool. When I learned cake decorating 44 years ago, we were taught to
make our own icing bags from waxed paper. I loved that class! It
involved a minimal investment of equipment -- maybe 4 tubes and a flower
nail -- so if it turned out to be not your thing, you didn't have $30
invested in something you'd never use again.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

> When Koko and I took the candy making class in San Diego, our
> instructor used pastry bags that came in a huge long roll, like
> trash
> can liners, etc. such as this:
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/4r2zomv
>
> She just nipped the end after it was filled, then threw it away
> after
> use. Tidy as can be.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

Ziploc bags work great, too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/19/2011 10:56 PM, Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

> http://preview.tinyurl.com/4r2zomv
>
> She just nipped the end after it was filled, then threw it away after
> use. Tidy as can be.

What a great price! Thanks for the link.

Pampered Chef Products EKK Baking 11 04-01-2005 05:43 AM
Pampered Chef Products EKK Cooking Equipment 6 04-01-2005 05:43 AM
Pampered Chef Products EKK Baking 0 03-01-2005 03:21 PM
Pampered Chef Products EKK Cooking Equipment 0 03-01-2005 03:21 PM
Pampered Chef Cut & Seal Wanda Cooking Equipment 2 13-05-2004 05:48 PM