Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Wikileaks reveals how the "corporate" US Government under GW Bushpressured Europe to buy GMO foods

If you are interested in the foods you put in your body...and if you
are like me and don't like the idea of GMO foods this might interest
you.

I say way to go Wikileaks...keep it coming, we need to know how the
public is being maniuplated by big agribusiness.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-gm-crops.aspx

The article is very interesting and here is the downloadable shopping
guide to buying non-GMO foods.

http://www.nongmoshoppingguide.com/N...ping-Guide.pdf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 09:31:01 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> If you are interested in the foods you put in your body...and if you
> are like me and don't like the idea of GMO foods this might interest
> you.
>
> I say way to go Wikileaks...keep it coming, we need to know how the
> public is being maniuplated by big agribusiness.
>
> http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-gm-crops.aspx
>
> The article is very interesting and here is the downloadable shopping
> guide to buying non-GMO foods.
>
> http://www.nongmoshoppingguide.com/N...ping-Guide.pdf

Thanks for that shopping guide and I have a few comments to make:
Re - Ben & Jerry's: Woo Hoo!
Re - Walmart Store Brand: What a surprise, whoda thunk?
Re - Eden brand: After the negative comments about it yesterday, I
see they're one of the good guys.

--

Carrot cake counts as a serving of vegetables.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 12, 9:31*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> If you are interested in the foods you put in your body...and if you
> are like me and don't like the idea of GMO foods this might interest
> you.
>
> I say way to go Wikileaks...keep it coming, we need to know how the
> public is being maniuplated by big agribusiness.
>
> http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar.../01/12/wikilea...
>
> The article is very interesting and here is the downloadable shopping
> guide to buying non-GMO foods.
>
> http://www.nongmoshoppingguide.com/N...ping-Guide.pdf

Yes, everything on the internet is true.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 12, 11:31*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> If you are interested in the foods you put in your body...and if you
> are like me and don't like the idea of GMO foods this might interest
> you.
>
> I say way to go Wikileaks...keep it coming, we need to know how the
> public is being maniuplated by big agribusiness.
>
> http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar.../01/12/wikilea...

Dr. Mercola is a ****ing RIPOFF ARTIST.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 12:31:32 -0800 (PST), Bryan
> wrote:

> On Jan 12, 11:31*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> > If you are interested in the foods you put in your body...and if you
> > are like me and don't like the idea of GMO foods this might interest
> > you.
> >
> > I say way to go Wikileaks...keep it coming, we need to know how the
> > public is being maniuplated by big agribusiness.
> >
> > http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar.../01/12/wikilea...
> >

> Dr. Mercola is a ****ing RIPOFF ARTIST.

There are lots of people who go by what he says.

--

Carrot cake counts as a serving of vegetables.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 12:31:32 -0800 (PST), Bryan
> > wrote:
>
> > Dr. Mercola is a ****ing RIPOFF ARTIST.
> >

> There are lots of people who go by what he says.

Yes, celebrities, athletes, television personalities.
In other words, no one with any brains.

http://www.quackwatch.com/11Ind/mercola.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-01-12, Mark Thorson > wrote:

> Yes, celebrities, athletes, television personalities.
> In other words, no one with any brains.

He's an osteopath. That pretty much says it all.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob > wrote:

>On 2011-01-12, Mark Thorson > wrote:

>> Yes, celebrities, athletes, television personalities.
>> In other words, no one with any brains.

>He's an osteopath. That pretty much says it all.

I have no direct experience with osteopaths. But I do
have one secondhand experience; a close friend had a tricky
surgery performed by a Kaiser doctor who happened to be
an osteopath, and they did a perfect job.

In the same time frame, another close friend had a similar
surgery performed by a non-osteopath and it seems they botched it.

So in local experience, it's osteopaths one, non-osteopaths zero.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> On 2011-01-12, Mark Thorson > wrote:
>
>> Yes, celebrities, athletes, television personalities.
>> In other words, no one with any brains.

> He's an osteopath. That pretty much says it all.
>
> nb

Osteopaths are wonderful doctors and surgeons.
Perhaps you're confusing them with chiropractors?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope wrote:

> notbob > wrote:
>
> >He's an osteopath. That pretty much says it all.

> I have no direct experience with osteopaths. But I do
> have one secondhand experience; a close friend had a tricky
> surgery performed by a Kaiser doctor who happened to be
> an osteopath, and they did a perfect job.
>
> In the same time frame, another close friend had a similar
> surgery performed by a non-osteopath and it seems they botched it.
>
> So in local experience, it's osteopaths one, non-osteopaths zero.

Traditional osteopathy is like a combination of
standard medicine and chiropractic, i.e. they believe
that pinched nerves in the spine cause all manner
of diseases, such as malaria and tuberculosis. They
believe that germs attack the body _after_ the pinched
nerves have weakened the body in some way. (Both
osteopaths and chiropractors get real vague about
going further about this, but it relates generally to
obstruction of the flow of some sort of "life force",
sometimes called "prana" or "qi".)

Some osteopathic physicians reject this nonsense, and
practice what is essentially standard medicine. Their
background in the study of bones, joints, and nerves
can be helpful in the treatment of some musculoskeletal
problems, such as binding of vertebral joints. However,
there are other medical specialties that also cover these
subjects, and do so in a more scientifically rational way.

Osteopathic physicians do get (or did, I'm not sure
there are any osteopathic training programs left in the
United States) a complete standard medical training,
in addition to their exposure to osteopathic theories.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> Mark Thorson > wrote:
>
>> Yes, celebrities, athletes, television personalities.
>> In other words, no one with any brains.

> He's an osteopath. That pretty much says it all.

I've had good experiences with MDs over the years. I've had better
experiences with DOs over the years. Which they are doesn't correlate
much for the ones who become well known.

Mercola held a very hard core low fat stance for a very long time and
that was his most standard stance. He held unpopular stances in
assorted topics and was thus labelled a quack. Sometimes the quacks are
right and the rest of the medical community is wrong. Usually it's the
medical community that's right and the quacks are wrong. The popularity
of the pig-and-suma-wrestler-fattening USDA food pyramid is a dramatic
case of the medical community getting it wrong.

Mercola has moderated his views in recent years.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-01-12, Goomba > wrote:

> Osteopaths are wonderful doctors and surgeons.
> Perhaps you're confusing them with chiropractors?

You are correct in that I mistakenly said "osteopath" when I was
thinking of homeopathy, which I rate one step below crystal healing
and coffee enemas. OTOH, I also rate osteopaths along side
chiropractors, which about 95% of them are, IMO, are quacks and
charlatans.

Likewise, you are certainly entitled to YOUR opinion.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Jan 12, 2:51*pm, notbob > wrote:
> On 2011-01-12, Goomba > wrote:
>
> > Osteopaths are wonderful doctors and surgeons.
> > Perhaps you're confusing them with chiropractors?

> You are correct in that I mistakenly said "osteopath" when I was
> thinking of homeopathy, which I rate one step below crystal healing
> and coffee enemas. *OTOH, I also rate osteopaths along side
> chiropractors, which about 95% of them are, IMO, are quacks and
> charlatans.
>
> Likewise, you are certainly entitled to YOUR opinion.
>
> nb *

So.....you don't mind GMO foods? are not interested in NOT eating
them. Fine,.... but why rant and rave and tear down those who
are interested in not putting those foods into their bodies.??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 12, 5:16*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2:51*pm, notbob > wrote:
>
> > On 2011-01-12, Goomba > wrote:

> > > Osteopaths are wonderful doctors and surgeons.
> > > Perhaps you're confusing them with chiropractors?

> > You are correct in that I mistakenly said "osteopath" when I was
> > thinking of homeopathy, which I rate one step below crystal healing
> > and coffee enemas. *OTOH, I also rate osteopaths along side
> > chiropractors, which about 95% of them are, IMO, are quacks and
> > charlatans.

> > Likewise, you are certainly entitled to YOUR opinion.

Most DOs don't differ much from MDs. Lumping them with chiropactors
just isn't accurate.

> > nb *

> So.....you don't mind GMO foods? * are not interested in NOT eating
> them. * Fine,.... but why rant and rave and tear down those who
> are interested in not putting those foods into their bodies.??

Time, genetic damage from radiation and copying mistakes, and the
mixing of parent genes cause Genetic Modification in every type of
Organism. This happen naturally in every species. I guess if it
happens accidentally, it's OK, but if it happens as a result of human
ingenuity, it's not OK. Or maybe if it happens via conventional
breeding, it's OK, but if it happens as a result of gene splicing,
it's not OK.
Maybe some people think that gene splicing harms the fairy spirits in
the plants.

I have problems with genetic engineering too, but not because I think
that the food is unsafe. All monoculture and lack of genetic
diversity has its downsides.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:

> Osteopathic physicians do get (or did, I'm not sure
> there are any osteopathic training programs left in the
> United States) a complete standard medical training,
> in addition to their exposure to osteopathic theories.

I know of at least two: in Maine and W. Va.

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> On 2011-01-12, Goomba > wrote:
>
>> Osteopaths are wonderful doctors and surgeons.
>> Perhaps you're confusing them with chiropractors?

> You are correct in that I mistakenly said "osteopath" when I was
> thinking of homeopathy, which I rate one step below crystal healing
> and coffee enemas. OTOH, I also rate osteopaths along side
> chiropractors, which about 95% of them are, IMO, are quacks and
> charlatans.
>
> Likewise, you are certainly entitled to YOUR opinion.
>
> nb

I work with Osteopaths who are surgeons. They make excellent orthopedic
surgeons, and I know of some who chair particular medicine departments
(Harvard educated none less).

I also think chiropractors often border on charlatans and often
Dr.Wannabes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2:51 pm, notbob > wrote:
>> On 2011-01-12, Goomba > wrote:
>>
>>> Osteopaths are wonderful doctors and surgeons.
>>> Perhaps you're confusing them with chiropractors?

>> You are correct in that I mistakenly said "osteopath" when I was
>> thinking of homeopathy, which I rate one step below crystal healing
>> and coffee enemas. OTOH, I also rate osteopaths along side
>> chiropractors, which about 95% of them are, IMO, are quacks and
>> charlatans.
>>
>> Likewise, you are certainly entitled to YOUR opinion.
>>
>> nb

> So.....you don't mind GMO foods? are not interested in NOT eating
> them. Fine,.... but why rant and rave and tear down those who
> are interested in not putting those foods into their bodies.??

Why did you title this thread as you did if what you wanted to talk
about was GMO foods? It makes you appear trollish, instead of debating
the GMO issue intelligently.
Trade embargoes are another issue with food distribution.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gloria.p" > wrote:

>Mark Thorson wrote:
>
>> Osteopathic physicians do get (or did, I'm not sure
>> there are any osteopathic training programs left in the
>> United States) a complete standard medical training,
>> in addition to their exposure to osteopathic theories.

>I know of at least two: in Maine and W. Va.

The one in ME didn't come from NY, did he? My GP [who happened to
be a very competent Osteo] moved to ME about a decade or so ago.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

gloria.p wrote:
> Mark Thorson wrote:
>
>> Osteopathic physicians do get (or did, I'm not sure
>> there are any osteopathic training programs left in the
>> United States) a complete standard medical training,
>> in addition to their exposure to osteopathic theories.

> I know of at least two: in Maine and W. Va.
>
> gloria p

There are a few others out west. I think St. Louis has a big one..?
DOs and MDs do the exact same first two years of training. Then the DOs
break off and train in a more holistic way with emphasis on the skeletal
system and its effect on the body. They do tend to be more "hands on"
and see the entire patient more than many MDs who just focus on the
diseased element. Still a FAR cry from creepy chiropractors, IMO!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba > wrote:

>notbob wrote:

>> You are correct in that I mistakenly said "osteopath" when I was
>> thinking of homeopathy, which I rate one step below crystal healing
>> and coffee enemas.

Okay.

>> OTOH, I also rate osteopaths along side
>> chiropractors, which about 95% of them are, IMO, are quacks and
>> charlatans.

Why in the world are you saying this? You do realize they are M.D.'s
correct?

And at least they are practicing clinical medicine, unlike many
M.D. who never make it out of the animal research facilities.

>I work with Osteopaths who are surgeons. They make excellent orthopedic
>surgeons, and I know of some who chair particular medicine departments
>(Harvard educated none less).

It amounts to an orthopedic specialty, just one that happens to
have its own bureaucracy, degrees, titles etc. It really more
closely resembles a board ceritfication just going by another
name, such as a podiatric surgeon might have. It does not resemble
chiropractics, and has jill to do with homeopathy.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 12, 2:51*pm, notbob > wrote:
> On 2011-01-12, Goomba > wrote:
>
> > Osteopaths are wonderful doctors and surgeons.
> > Perhaps you're confusing them with chiropractors?

> You are correct in that I mistakenly said "osteopath" when I was
> thinking of homeopathy, which I rate one step below crystal healing
> and coffee enemas. *OTOH, I also rate osteopaths along side
> chiropractors, which about 95% of them are, IMO, are quacks and
> charlatans.
>
> Likewise, you are certainly entitled to YOUR opinion.
>
> nb *

My last hip replacement was done by an osteopath. And my regular
doctor is an osteopath.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope wrote:
> Goomba > wrote:
>
>> notbob wrote:

>>> You are correct in that I mistakenly said "osteopath" when I was
>>> thinking of homeopathy, which I rate one step below crystal healing
>>> and coffee enemas.

> Okay.
>
>>> OTOH, I also rate osteopaths along side
>>> chiropractors, which about 95% of them are, IMO, are quacks and
>>> charlatans.

> Why in the world are you saying this? You do realize they are M.D.'s
> correct?

I didnt' say that. Notbob did. You've messed up your attributes.

> And at least they are practicing clinical medicine, unlike many
> M.D. who never make it out of the animal research facilities.

Actually, what is more common is that research MD's also hold PhD's in a
dual program of study. Where would we be without researchers?
And no, they are not MDs. Not by license or title. They do hold the same
duties, but not the same degree. They earn a Doctor of Osteopathy,
hence they are DO's.

>> I work with Osteopaths who are surgeons. They make excellent orthopedic
>> surgeons, and I know of some who chair particular medicine departments
>> (Harvard educated none less).

> It amounts to an orthopedic specialty, just one that happens to
> have its own bureaucracy, degrees, titles etc.
> It really more
> closely resembles a board ceritfication just going by another
> name, such as a podiatric surgeon might have. It does not resemble
> chiropractics, and has jill to do with homeopathy.

It is not a subspecialty of orthopedics, considering that many practice
medicine and not surgery. They do have increased education in the
skeletal system though.
And I *never* said they resemble chiropractors or that they dabble in
homepathy. Get your attributions correct.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2011 12:31 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> If you are interested in the foods you put in your body...and if you
> are like me and don't like the idea of GMO foods this might interest
> you.
>
> I say way to go Wikileaks...keep it coming, we need to know how the
> public is being maniuplated by big agribusiness.
>
> http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-gm-crops.aspx
>
> The article is very interesting and here is the downloadable shopping
> guide to buying non-GMO foods.
>
> http://www.nongmoshoppingguide.com/N...ping-Guide.pdf

I'm not allowed to read anything from Wikileaks. It was "strongly
suggested" by higher ups in the company I work for not to even access it
from our personal home computers. I like my job (for the most part) and
want to keep it. I wouldn't put it past them to find out if I did.

I know your links didn't go directly to wikileaks. Other than that I
have nothing to contribute to the question. lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:

> I'm not allowed to read anything from Wikileaks.

What are you, 8 years old or something?

It was "strongly
> suggested" by higher ups in the company I work for not to even access it
> from our personal home computers. I like my job (for the most part) and
> want to keep it. I wouldn't put it past them to find out if I did.

I'm hardly impressed with the actions of Wikileaks and don't support
their actions, but surely you don't believe your company knows or can
see that you've done so from home?!?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2011 8:17 PM, Goomba wrote:

>> Why in the world are you saying this? You do realize they are M.D.'s
>> correct?
>>

> I didnt' say that. Notbob did. You've messed up your attributes.

I saw where the attributes got messed up and wondered when it would be a
problem.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 12, 7:14*pm, " >
wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2:51*pm, notbob > wrote:
>
> > On 2011-01-12, Goomba > wrote:

> > > Osteopaths are wonderful doctors and surgeons.
> > > Perhaps you're confusing them with chiropractors?

> > You are correct in that I mistakenly said "osteopath" when I was
> > thinking of homeopathy, which I rate one step below crystal healing
> > and coffee enemas. *OTOH, I also rate osteopaths along side
> > chiropractors, which about 95% of them are, IMO, are quacks and
> > charlatans.

> > Likewise, you are certainly entitled to YOUR opinion.

> > nb *

> My last hip replacement was done by an osteopath. * And my regular
> doctor is an osteopath.

Most osteopaths are indistinguishable from MDs. I think there can be
value in osteopathic or chiropractic manipulation, and even in
rolfing. The problem is when they claim to be able to do things that
they can't do, and that many chiropractors employ hokum stuff like
homeopathic "medicine." A chiropractor really helped my back, but he
also put pyramids on me and gave me worthless homeopathic stuff. When
I told him that stuff like that was silly, he asked if I thought
they'd harm me. I said, "No," and he said, "Humor me." That was
almost 30 years ago, and I haven't had any bad back problems since.
Accupressure and massage, including deep tissue massage, seem to work
well for some folks. I've learned to use them, though not on a
professional basis, to relieve pain in loved ones.

> Christine

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2011 9:37 PM, Goomba wrote:
> Cheryl wrote:
>
>> I'm not allowed to read anything from Wikileaks.

> What are you, 8 years old or something?
>
> It was "strongly
>> suggested" by higher ups in the company I work for not to even access
>> it from our personal home computers. I like my job (for the most part)
>> and want to keep it. I wouldn't put it past them to find out if I did.

> I'm hardly impressed with the actions of Wikileaks and don't support
> their actions, but surely you don't believe your company knows or can
> see that you've done so from home?!?

Yes, I do.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-01-13, Goomba > wrote:
>> them. Fine,.... but why rant and rave and tear down those who
>> are interested in not putting those foods into their bodies.??

My rant, "mistakenly", was against homeopaths. As for GMOs, I've
probably posted more on the subject than you have.

Try and keep up.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> On 2011-01-13, Goomba > wrote:
>>> them. Fine,.... but why rant and rave and tear down those who
>>> are interested in not putting those foods into their bodies.??

> My rant, "mistakenly", was against homeopaths. As for GMOs, I've
> probably posted more on the subject than you have.
>
> Try and keep up.
>
> nb

Notbob... you keep misquoting and putting my name into quotes that I
didn't write. I believe (but not positive) that Bryan wrote that which
you list as my quote.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-01-13, Goomba > wrote:
> Cheryl wrote:
>
>> I'm not allowed to read anything from Wikileaks.

> What are you, 8 years old or something?

The US govt is conducting homeland terrorism by trying to scare US
citizens into not reading the wikileaks revelations or even anything
about the released cables under the threat of possibly being charged
with treason under the 1917 Espionage Act. In short, our govt is
hinting they just may throw your treasonous ass in prison just for
reading "about" them. So much for America, home of the free.

>> from our personal home computers. I like my job (for the most part) and
>> want to keep it. I wouldn't put it past them to find out if I did.

See how well it works!

> I'm hardly impressed with the actions of Wikileaks and don't support
> their actions, but surely you don't believe your company knows or can
> see that you've done so from home?!?

Fear and intimidation are powerful tools. The cables about
threatening trade sanctions against Europe nations for not accepting
GMO grains are no different than the threats against its own
citizenry.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-01-13, Goomba > wrote:

> Notbob... you keep misquoting and putting my name into quotes that I
> didn't write.

YOu are entirely right, Goomba. I thought I was replying to
whatshermag, but I'm so confused as to who said what, anymore, I'm
gonna get while the getting is good.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/12/2011 11:10 PM, notbob wrote:

> The US govt is conducting homeland terrorism by trying to scare US
> citizens into not reading the wikileaks revelations or even anything
> about the released cables under the threat of possibly being charged
> with treason under the 1917 Espionage Act. In short, our govt is
> hinting they just may throw your treasonous ass in prison just for
> reading "about" them. So much for America, home of the free.

> See how well it works!

Yup. It's working well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> On 2011-01-13, Goomba > wrote:
>
> > Notbob... you keep misquoting and putting my name into quotes that I
> > didn't write.

> YOu are entirely right, Goomba. I thought I was replying to
> whatshermag, but I'm so confused as to who said what, anymore, I'm
> gonna get while the getting is good.
>
> nb

You forgot to say the magic words, nb.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-01-13, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> You forgot to say the magic words, nb.

Bite me?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> On 2011-01-13, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
>
> > You forgot to say the magic words, nb.

> Bite me?
>
> nb

Now, now ‹ don't be cheeky. "-)

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
Pepparkakor particulars posted 11-29-2010;
http://web.me.com/barbschaller

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> chiropractors, which about 95% of them are, IMO, are quacks and
> charlatans.

Heh... I got released from jury duty once because I think chiropractors are
quacks. I disagree with you about osteopaths, though.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:

> I'm not allowed to read anything from Wikileaks. It was "strongly
> suggested" by higher ups in the company I work for not to even access it
> from our personal home computers. I like my job (for the most part) and
> want to keep it. I wouldn't put it past them to find out if I did.

If you really WANTED to read wikileaks, you could go to a public library or
someplace similar.

Bob

Member

Location: London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan[_6_] View Post

On 2011-01-12, Goomba wrote:

[...]

Not too sure how I'd feel about eating GMO food. That said for all I know I already have and don't even realise it. We only know what the packaging of the produce we buy tells us and really would have no idea if our food was GMO or not.
__________________
Find your nearest Prezzo restaurant and book a table for free! Check for the latest Prezzo offers & specials available.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/14/2011 3:46 AM, Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Cheryl wrote:
>
>> I'm not allowed to read anything from Wikileaks. It was "strongly
>> suggested" by higher ups in the company I work for not to even access it
>> from our personal home computers. I like my job (for the most part) and
>> want to keep it. I wouldn't put it past them to find out if I did.

> If you really WANTED to read wikileaks, you could go to a public library or
> someplace similar.

I really don't. LOL I just wanted to write that because I knew some
would question it. It's true though. I was surprised when the memo came
out right from the CEO.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl > wrote:

>On 1/14/2011 3:46 AM, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

>> Cheryl wrote:

>>> I'm not allowed to read anything from Wikileaks. It was "strongly
>>> suggested" by higher ups in the company I work for not to even access it
>>> from our personal home computers. I like my job (for the most part) and
>>> want to keep it. I wouldn't put it past them to find out if I did.

>> If you really WANTED to read wikileaks, you could go to a public library or
>> someplace similar.

>I really don't. LOL I just wanted to write that because I knew some
>would question it. It's true though. I was surprised when the memo came
>out right from the CEO.

"We're opposed to information leaks, that's why we are totally monitoring
your communications."

Has a nice ring to it, I must admit.

S.