FoodBanter.com

-   -   Chocolate & nutmeg??? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/403592-chocolate-nutmeg.html)

Sky 25-12-2010 12:09 AM

Chocolate & nutmeg???

I have no clue, but is a wee bit of nutmeg nice to include with a
chocolate dessert? Nothing strong, perhaps a 1/4-teaspoon if even? The
quantity of the finished dessert (Chocolate IceBox Cake) would be about
1/4-teaspoon to a 1-lb loaf pan. Recipe is included in the 'RFC
signature dishes' if anyone's interested.

Sky, who says Happy Holidays ;)

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!

Cheryl[_3_] 25-12-2010 01:41 AM

Chocolate & nutmeg???

On 12/24/2010 7:09 PM, Sky wrote:
> I have no clue, but is a wee bit of nutmeg nice to include with a
> chocolate dessert? Nothing strong, perhaps a 1/4-teaspoon if even? The
> quantity of the finished dessert (Chocolate IceBox Cake) would be about
> 1/4-teaspoon to a 1-lb loaf pan. Recipe is included in the 'RFC
> signature dishes' if anyone's interested.
>
> Sky, who says Happy Holidays ;)

I would do it. I put just a couple of light grinds of nutmeg in the
cheesecake I'm making. Lemon. I figured nutmeg would enhance it, but
only a small amount.