Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pulled Tri-tip

Having a freezer 1/2 filled with tri-tips and the rain falling here in Sunny
So Cal I needed to have a "crock pot" dinner ready when company arrived last
Saturday.

BBQ beef sandwiches seemed to be the easiest

Cut the tri-tip into 1 1/2" chunks ( cross grain) and trim the fat as
desired.
Brown the chunks on all sides
Add 1 diced medium onion to the crock pot.
Add the browned chunks of tri-tip
Add 1 T liquid smoke (mesquite) ( to taste)
Add 1/3 TO 1/2 C of your favorite bottled Q sauce.
S & P to taste
Garlic & onion powders to taste

Cook on High 6 to 8 hours or on low 10 to 12 hours till tender & falling
apart.

Mash with a potato masher & serve on buns with your favorite sides.

Tri-tip is a very fibrous meat if not cut into chunks you'll have fibers the
length of the cut ('bout 10" long )

Dimitri

Member

Well, I can say it is depressing as heck. You have, fear,,cancer..ragged face..blame. Not my "cup of tea". This is the time of year I try to be extra forgiving and count my blessings, life is to short to dwell on the hurt and pain others may have caused us.

pulled pork blake murphy[_2_] General Cooking 19 01-06-2010 03:10 PM
Pulled pork VegA Barbecue 41 26-05-2007 05:47 AM
First pulled pork, first bbq cowboy Barbecue 3 27-10-2006 10:37 PM
Pulled Pork Virginia Tadrzynski General Cooking 9 17-09-2006 03:55 PM