Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tonight's baking plans

Tomorrow is our family's annual holiday open house at Guy's place, and I
sort of ended up in charge of the baking (by my own choice, and I'm
looking forward to it). Here's the current plan, but I'm open to
suggestions, if you've got some baking project that you've been loving.

2 batches New York Times bread (serve with butter)

1-2 batches soft garlic rolls

1-2 batches gougeres

2 batches soft plain rolls (for making sandwiches from the meat/cheese tray

1 batch soft wheat rolls, vegan

1 New York cheesecake, my mom's recipe
(http://serenecooking.livejournal.com/46958.html )

1 batch each of meat-and-cheese pinwheels and mushroom pinwheels

I'll be taking my stand mixer to Guy's and giving it a real workout. I
also need to remember to take my scale and at least a few baking vessels.

Serene
--
http://www.momfoodproject.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene Vannoy > wrote in news:8mflucFgngU1
@mid.individual.net:

> Tomorrow is our family's annual holiday open house at Guy's place, and I
> sort of ended up in charge of the baking (by my own choice, and I'm
> looking forward to it). Here's the current plan, but I'm open to
> suggestions, if you've got some baking project that you've been loving.
>
> 2 batches New York Times bread (serve with butter)
>
> 1-2 batches soft garlic rolls
>
> 1-2 batches gougeres
>
> 2 batches soft plain rolls (for making sandwiches from the meat/cheese

tray

> 1 batch soft wheat rolls, vegan

That's a lot of bread and rolls!!

I had to look up gougeres though......

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/a...asses-gougeres

Mmmmmmmmmmm, I think they might be on my 'to do' list... thanks!!

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart

A good friend would drive 30 miles at 2:00 am to bail you out of jail.
A best friend, however, would be sitting in the cell next to you saying
"Man, that was f******n Awesome!"