Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default newest food euphemism

A local organic dairy, Strauss Creamery, has a product they call
"barista milk".

What this is is homogenized milk; their other fluid milk products
are not homogenized.

From their website:

Organic Barista Milk

This milk has been specially formulated for use in coffee
drinks. We use the same milk supply as our cream-top
milks, but we homogenize the Barista Milk to provide
consistent drinks.

(Just thought y'all would like to know this.)

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 01:18:20 +0000 (UTC), Steve Pope wrote:

> Organic Barista Milk
>
> This milk has been specially formulated for use in coffee
> drinks. We use the same milk supply as our cream-top
> milks, but we homogenize the Barista Milk to provide
> consistent drinks.

Does it come in a crock?

What a bunch of shit. I'm going to write them to tell them I'm
boycotting their milk due to silly, deceptive names.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope wrote:
> A local organic dairy, Strauss Creamery, has a product they call
> "barista milk".
>
> What this is is homogenized milk; their other fluid milk products
> are not homogenized.
>
> From their website:
>
> Organic Barista Milk
>
> This milk has been specially formulated for use in coffee
> drinks. We use the same milk supply as our cream-top
> milks, but we homogenize the Barista Milk to provide
> consistent drinks.
>
> (Just thought y'all would like to know this.)
>

> Steve

I guess it sounds better than just calling it "Homo" [I can't
believe he said that]

-Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Miche > wrote:

> In article >,
> (Steve Pope) wrote:
>
> > A local organic dairy, Strauss Creamery, has a product they call
> > "barista milk".
> >
> > What this is is homogenized milk; their other fluid milk products
> > are not homogenized.
> >
> > From their website:
> >
> > Organic Barista Milk
> >
> > This milk has been specially formulated for use in coffee
> > drinks. We use the same milk supply as our cream-top
> > milks, but we homogenize the Barista Milk to provide
> > consistent drinks.
> >
> > (Just thought y'all would like to know this.)

> Marketing hype.

Yeah, it's pretty funny. My daughter, like Steve, lives in Berserkeley
(not the correct spelling). She likes it so well that she moved back
there. She lived there for a couple of years, and she and her roommate
always bought Strauss milk. Not being homogenized was a big selling
point, along with the reusable (not recyclable, reusable) glass bottles.
She mostly used it for making lattes. She moved back home for a year,
but moved back there a few months ago. I haven't asked her if she is
using Strauss again, but I wouldn't be surprised. They also (like
Steve, I think) bought Blue Bottle coffee. It's only sold in the half
pound, and the company will sell no coffee that was roasted before
yesterday. I don't believe they will sell preground coffee, either.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel > wrote:

>Yeah, it's pretty funny. My daughter, like Steve, lives in Berserkeley
>(not the correct spelling). She likes it so well that she moved back
>there. She lived there for a couple of years, and she and her roommate
>always bought Strauss milk. Not being homogenized was a big selling
>point, along with the reusable (not recyclable, reusable) glass bottles.
>She mostly used it for making lattes. She moved back home for a year,
>but moved back there a few months ago. I haven't asked her if she is
>using Strauss again, but I wouldn't be surprised. They also (like
>Steve, I think) bought Blue Bottle coffee. It's only sold in the half
>pound, and the company will sell no coffee that was roasted before
>yesterday. I don't believe they will sell preground coffee, either.

That's right. Not over Ho Chi Mihn's dead body they wouldn't sell it.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope wrote:
> A local organic dairy, Strauss Creamery, has a product they call
> "barista milk".
>
> What this is is homogenized milk; their other fluid milk products
> are not homogenized.
>
> From their website:
>
> Organic Barista Milk
>
> This milk has been specially formulated for use in coffee
> drinks. We use the same milk supply as our cream-top
> milks, but we homogenize the Barista Milk to provide
> consistent drinks.
>
> (Just thought y'all would like to know this.)
>

> Steve

LOL! Why does it need a special name?

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

>On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 07:30:13 +1300, Miche > wrote:

>> (Steve Pope) wrote:

>>> "barista milk".

>>Marketing hype.

>No hype:

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=55080

That's not what "barista milk" means, you prevert....

S.