Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Default american beer inferier?

What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Qo you like Beef?
A:Well suck my C.O.C.K Its Dripping!

sticking it to ''Politcal Correctness'' since 2008
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):
>What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
>They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".

Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
or otherwise.

There are, IMHO, some enjoyable American beers. But they're
smaller brands - some of which are even claimed thb brewed in
accordance with the old German "Purity Law" - as in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot
--
PeteCresswell
Posted to rec.food.cooking

(PeteCresswell) wrote on Sat, 04 Dec 2010 20:03:13 -0500:

> Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):
>> What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
>> They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

> The German side of my family refers to our beer as
> "****wasser".

> Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault
> of American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste -
> **** or otherwise.

> There are, IMHO, some enjoyable American beers. But they're
> smaller brands - some of which are even claimed thb brewed in
> accordance with the old German "Purity Law" - as in
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot

I'll admit that a lot of popular US beers are pretty bad; Budweiser and
Coors are examples of ones that only should be drunk on a very hot day
and so cold as to have ice crystals in them. However, Sam Adams, Dogfish
Head, Brooklyn and Sierra Nevada, for example, make beers that don't
need to worrry about comparison with European ones.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 4, 7:27*pm, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> *(PeteCresswell) *wrote *on Sat, 04 Dec 2010 20:03:13 -0500:
>
> > Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):
> >> What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
> >> They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

> > The German side of my family refers to our beer as
> > "****wasser".
> > Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault
> > of American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste -
> > **** or otherwise.
> > There are, IMHO, some enjoyable American beers. *But they're
> > smaller brands - some of which are even claimed thb brewed in
> > accordance with the old German "Purity Law" - as in
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot

> I'll admit that a lot of popular US beers are pretty bad; Budweiser and
> Coors are examples of ones that only should be drunk on a very hot day
> and so cold as to have ice crystals in them. However, Sam Adams, Dogfish
> Head, Brooklyn and Sierra Nevada, for example, *make beers that don't
> need to worrry about comparison with European ones.

I wouldn't put anything Sam Adams makes in the same category as Sierra
Nevada. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is downright yummy.
> --
>
> James Silverton

--Bryan
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

"(PeteCresswell)" > wrote in message
> Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):
>>What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
>>They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

> The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".
>
> Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
> American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
> or otherwise.
>
> There are, IMHO, some enjoyable American beers. But they're
> smaller brands - some of which are even claimed thb brewed in
> accordance with the old German "Purity Law" - as in
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot
> --
> PeteCresswell

I rather like to drink Michelob when I'm stateside, but do I recall someone
telling me that's actually a Canadian beer ?

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 4, 7:49*pm, "Arfa Daily" > wrote:
> "(PeteCresswell)" > wrote in message

> > Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):
> >>What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
> >>They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

> > The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".

> > Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
> > American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
> > or otherwise.

> > There are, IMHO, some enjoyable American beers. *But they're
> > smaller brands - some of which are even claimed thb brewed in
> > accordance with the old German "Purity Law" - as in
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot
> > --
> > PeteCresswell

> I rather like to drink Michelob when I'm stateside, but do I recall someone
> telling me that's actually a Canadian beer ?

No. It's as American as it gets. For commercial, watery, fairly
tasteless beer, it's the best of the bunch. It's great for canoeing/
kayaking because you can get it in cans.

> Arfa

--Bryan
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 4, 1:34*pm, "Peter Lucas (SAS RET)" > wrote:
> What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
> They both taste the same going in and comming out!!
>
> --
> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia
>
> Qo you like Beef?
> A:Well suck my C.O.C.K Its Dripping!
>
> sticking it to ''Politcal Correctness'' since 2008

Assuming you're correct, why do you know?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 4, 7:03*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" > wrote:
> Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):
>
> >What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
> >They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

> The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".
>
> Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
> American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
> or otherwise.

We Americans like our beer mediocre. At the end of Prohibition there
were something like 700 commercial breweries operating in the US.
Today if you don't count the micros, there are what? Three big
nationals? Anheuser Busch, Coors and Miller and they are owned by huge
conglomerates. There are a few medium sized regional brewers like
Linenkugel and Yuengling still around, but I don't know if they're
still independent or not. We Americans don't really do beer anymore.
Or anything else, for that matter.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Christopher Helms > wrote in message
On Dec 4, 7:03 pm, "(PeteCresswell)" > wrote:
> Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):
>
> >What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
> >They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

> The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".
>
> Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
> American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
> or otherwise.

We Americans like our beer mediocre. At the end of Prohibition there
were something like 700 commercial breweries operating in the US.
Today if you don't count the micros, there are what? Three big
nationals? Anheuser Busch, Coors and Miller and they are owned by huge
conglomerates. There are a few medium sized regional brewers like
Linenkugel and Yuengling still around, but I don't know if they're
still independent or not. We Americans don't really do beer anymore.
Or anything else, for that matter.

&&&&&&

The beer in the Simpsons is Duff, is that a joke for the Brits or does the
word duff in the USA have the same meaning

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"N_Cook" > wrote:
> Christopher Helms > wrote in message
> On Dec 4, 7:03 pm, "(PeteCresswell)" > wrote:
>> Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):
>>
>>> What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
>>> They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

>> The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".
>>
>> Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
>> American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
>> or otherwise.

> We Americans like our beer mediocre. At the end of Prohibition there
> were something like 700 commercial breweries operating in the US.
> Today if you don't count the micros, there are what? Three big
> nationals? Anheuser Busch, Coors and Miller and they are owned by huge
> conglomerates. There are a few medium sized regional brewers like
> Linenkugel and Yuengling still around, but I don't know if they're
> still independent or not. We Americans don't really do beer anymore.
> Or anything else, for that matter.
>
> &&&&&&
>
> The beer in the Simpsons is Duff, is that a joke for the Brits or does
> the
> word duff in the USA have the same meaning

In find all alcoholic beverages tastes horrible. The goal to consuming
beverages that contain alcohol is to get drunk! Otherwise i would rather
have a glass of ice tea if I wanted taste. The lighter tasting beers
makes it easier to get that buzz.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

I am, by the way, a teetotaler.

The story goes that American beers were once "better". But during WWII, they
were lightened to appeal more to females, who had become a larger percentage
of the drinking population (the males being away at war). No reversal to the
original taste occurred after the war.

Coors is certainly among the worst major brands. In my light-drinking days,
I tasted Coors and decided I'd rather drink plain water.

"Sam Adams" makes strong claims for the quality and character of their
beers. One of their light beers supposedly won a first prize in a German
contest where there was no light-beer category.

There is a "Discovery" series "Brewmasters", though the title should be
"Brewmaster", as the focus is on a single brewery, Dogfish Head, which makes
all sorts of beers that would never pass the German purity standards. (What
is this about Germans and purity, anyway?)

Dogfish Head is an odd company that doesn't seem to be paying attention to
simple common sense. In one episode they discover that a filler tube on one
machines has disappeared, presumably into a bottle. Not wanting to discard
the run, which would cost them thousands of dollars, they open the cases and
check the bottles one by one.

I was startled. Most food companies have a metal detector somewhere near the
end of the line to prevent such problems. (I might give them a call.)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

"Bryan" > wrote in message
> On Dec 4, 7:49 pm, "Arfa Daily" > wrote:
>> "(PeteCresswell)" > wrote in message

>> > Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):

>> > The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".

>> > Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
>> > American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
>> > or otherwise.

>> > There are, IMHO, some enjoyable American beers. But they're
>> > smaller brands - some of which are even claimed thb brewed in
>> > accordance with the old German "Purity Law" - as in
>> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot
>> > --
>> > PeteCresswell

>> I rather like to drink Michelob when I'm stateside, but do I recall
>> someone
>> telling me that's actually a Canadian beer ?

> No. It's as American as it gets. For commercial, watery, fairly
> tasteless beer, it's the best of the bunch. It's great for canoeing/
> kayaking because you can get it in cans.
>>
>> Arfa

> --Bryan

There seems to be a big difference between Michelob on tap and in bottles
from what I've seen. A few years back, when you asked for a Mich in a
restaurant, that's what you got. It was about on a par with some of the
'better' lagers here in the UK. Now, it seems that you get a Mich Ultra by
default. Is that actually the only one from them in a bottle now? I don't
get over there often enough to really know. I found the Ultra a bit of an
'acquired taste'. It certainly tastes a lot weaker than other versions that
I had previously drunk, but doesn't actually seem to be. It is a lot less
'rounded' in taste - a bit thin and 'crisp' - but never-the-less, quite a
pleasant refreshing drink with a meal. Once you've let it warm up just a bit
from the almost-frozen state that it gets delivered to your table in, that
is ... For plain old 'throwing a few beers down your throat' it's hard to
beat good old Bud. Just about strong enough to qualify, and quite a pleasant
taste. Bit gassy, but tolerable. Do you get Stella Artois over there ? Or
Kronenbourg 1662? They are nice tasty lager beers.

Arfa

Posted to rec.food.cooking

William wrote on Sun, 5 Dec 2010 05:25:37 -0800:

> The story goes that American beers were once "better". But
> during WWII, they were lightened to appeal more to females,
> who had become a larger percentage of the drinking population
> (the males being away at war). No reversal to the original
> taste occurred after the war.

> Coors is certainly among the worst major brands. In my
> light-drinking days, I tasted Coors and decided I'd rather
> drink plain water.

> "Sam Adams" makes strong claims for the quality and character
> of their beers. One of their light beers supposedly won a
> first prize in a German contest where there was no light-beer
> category.

> There is a "Discovery" series "Brewmasters", though the title
> should be "Brewmaster", as the focus is on a single brewery,
> Dogfish Head, which makes all sorts of beers that would never
> pass the German purity standards. (What is this about Germans
> and purity, anyway?)

It is interesting that the vaunted German beer purity law of 1516
specifies only barley, hops and water; no yeast
..http://brewery.org/library/ReinHeit.html

According to http://www.xs4all.nl/~patto1ro/reinheit.htm "No-one in the
world brews according to the Reinheitsgebot. Everyone (with the
exception of the lambic brewers who disqualify themselves on other
grounds) uses yeast as well ..... Even if you don't deliberately add it,
you'll find it pretty difficult to brew beer without yeast."

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 5, 7:45*am, "Arfa Daily" > wrote:
> "Bryan" > wrote in message

> > On Dec 4, 7:49 pm, "Arfa Daily" > wrote:
> >> "(PeteCresswell)" > wrote in message

> . ..

> >> I rather like to drink Michelob when I'm stateside, but do I recall
> >> someone
> >> telling me that's actually a Canadian beer ?

> > No. *It's as American as it gets. *For commercial, watery, fairly
> > tasteless beer, it's the best of the bunch. *It's great for canoeing/
> > kayaking because you can get it in cans.

> >> Arfa

> > --Bryan

> There seems to be a big difference between Michelob on tap and in bottles
> from what I've seen. A few years back, when you asked for a Mich in a
> restaurant, that's what you got. It was about on a par with some of the
> 'better' lagers here in the UK. Now, it seems that you get a Mich Ultra by
> default. Is that actually the only one from them in a bottle now?

Regular Mich and Mich Light are in bottles too.

> I don't get over there often enough to really know. I found the Ultra a bit of an
> 'acquired taste'. It certainly tastes a lot weaker than other versions that
> I had previously drunk, but doesn't actually seem to be. It is a lot less
> 'rounded' in taste - a bit thin and 'crisp' - but never-the-less, quite a
> pleasant refreshing drink with a meal. Once you've let it warm up just a bit
> from the almost-frozen state that it gets delivered to your table in, that
> is ...

It should only be drunk at <35F. Mich Ultra is mostly just water,
ethanol and CO2.
You can mix one 12 oz bottle of Ultra with 4 oz of Guiness Extra Sout
to get a decent pint without a lot of carbs.

>*For plain old 'throwing a few beers down your throat' it's hard to
> beat good old Bud.

I'm from St. Louis (the home of Bud), and I don't drink the stuff.

> Just about strong enough to qualify, and quite a pleasant
> taste. Bit gassy, but tolerable. Do you get Stella Artois over there ? Or
> Kronenbourg 1662? They are nice tasty lager beers.

You can have my share of the Stella. Next time you're here, order a
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, or some other beer called American pale ale.

> Arfa

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan L" > wrote
> In find all alcoholic beverages tastes horrible. The goal to consuming
> beverages that contain alcohol is to get drunk! Otherwise i would rather
> have a glass of ice tea if I wanted taste. The lighter tasting beers
> makes it easier to get that buzz.

When you grow up, you'll find that many people drink beer or wine for the
taste and how well it goes with certain foods. Like pizza and beer, crabs
and beer, red sauced pasta and wine, etc. Many of us never drink enough to
get a buzz, nor do we want to.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 5, 6:41*am, Dan L > wrote:
> "N_Cook" > wrote:
> > Christopher Helms > wrote in message
> > On Dec 4, 7:03 pm, "(PeteCresswell)" > wrote:
> >> Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):

> >> The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".

> >> Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
> >> American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
> >> or otherwise.

> > We Americans like our beer mediocre. At the end of Prohibition there
> > were something like 700 commercial breweries operating in the US.
> > Today if you don't count the micros, there are what? Three big
> > nationals? Anheuser Busch, Coors and Miller and they are owned by huge
> > conglomerates. There are a few medium sized regional brewers like
> > Linenkugel and Yuengling still around, but I don't know if they're
> > still independent or not. We Americans don't really do beer anymore.
> > Or anything else, for that matter.

> > &&&&&&

> > The beer in the Simpsons is Duff, is that a joke for the Brits or does
> > the
> > word duff in the USA have the same meaning

> In find all alcoholic beverages tastes horrible. The goal to consuming
> beverages that contain alcohol is to get drunk! Otherwise i would rather
> have a glass of ice tea if I wanted taste. The lighter tasting beers
> makes it easier to get that buzz.

For the most part that's true, but some do taste good. In Michigan
you have Bell's products, even fresh on tap. This is my go to beer:
http://www.schlafly.com/logos/apa.html

> --
> Enjoy Life... Nad R *(Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

--Bryan
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

Per William Sommerwerck:
> (What
>is this about Germans and purity, anyway?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot
--
PeteCresswell
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 06:39:38 -0800 (PST), Bryan >
wrote:

>You can have my share of the Stella. Next time you're here, order a
>Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, or some other beer called American pale ale.

Indeed, all praise to Nin-Kasi for Sierra Nevada! They also brewed this
year's annual run of Celebration ale from wet hops, a pleasant surprise.

http://beeradvocate.com/articles/304

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan > wrote:
> On Dec 5, 6:41 am, Dan L > wrote:
>> "N_Cook" > wrote:
>>> Christopher Helms > wrote in message

>>> We Americans like our beer mediocre. At the end of Prohibition there
>>> were something like 700 commercial breweries operating in the US.
>>> Today if you don't count the micros, there are what? Three big
>>> nationals? Anheuser Busch, Coors and Miller and they are owned by
> > > huge
>>> conglomerates. There are a few medium sized regional brewers like
>>> Linenkugel and Yuengling still around, but I don't know if they're
>>> still independent or not. We Americans don't really do beer anymore.
>>> Or anything else, for that matter.

>>> &&&&&&

>>> The beer in the Simpsons is Duff, is that a joke for the Brits or
> > > does
>>> the
>>> word duff in the USA have the same meaning

>> In find all alcoholic beverages tastes horrible. The goal to
> > consuming
>> beverages that contain alcohol is to get drunk! Otherwise i would
> > rather
>> have a glass of ice tea if I wanted taste. The lighter tasting beers
>> makes it easier to get that buzz.

> For the most part that's true, but some do taste good. In Michigan
> you have Bell's products, even fresh on tap. This is my go to beer:
> http://www.schlafly.com/logos/apa.html

The good beers in Michigan are gone. Stroh's beer company had flavor.
Goes to show that people mostly want water down beer just to get drunk!
Yeh, I'll have one slice of pizza with that six pack. However, local
micro-brewers are everywhere here in Michigan, sold by the glass, not by
the bottle. Some have flavor.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 4, 5:49*pm, "Arfa Daily" > wrote:
> "(PeteCresswell)" > wrote in message

> > Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):
> >>What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
> >>They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

> > The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".

> > Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
> > American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
> > or otherwise.

> > There are, IMHO, some enjoyable American beers. *But they're
> > smaller brands - some of which are even claimed thb brewed in
> > accordance with the old German "Purity Law" - as in
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot

> I rather like to drink Michelob when I'm stateside, but do I recall someone
> telling me that's actually a Canadian beer ?

Canadian breweries have been making American brands for year,
apparently cross-border TV ads have stimulated demand for "The Silver
Bullet" etc. Then you have the strange case of Minhas Craft Brewery:
The former Huber Brewery of Wisconsin was bought out by immigrants to
Canada, who benefit from NAFTA by brewing beers there for the Canadian
market. Minhas also makes beer for Trader Joe's -- $3 for a sixpack of
cans.

TJ's used to carry Huber products back in the day.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 5, 5:45*am, "Arfa Daily" > wrote:
> "Bryan" > wrote in message

> > On Dec 4, 7:49 pm, "Arfa Daily" > wrote:
> >> "(PeteCresswell)" > wrote in message

> . ..

> >> I rather like to drink Michelob when I'm stateside, but do I recall
> >> someone
> >> telling me that's actually a Canadian beer ?

> > No. *It's as American as it gets. *For commercial, watery, fairly
> > tasteless beer, it's the best of the bunch. *It's great for canoeing/
> > kayaking because you can get it in cans.

> >> Arfa

> > --Bryan

> There seems to be a big difference between Michelob on tap and in bottles
> from what I've seen. A few years back, when you asked for a Mich in a
> restaurant, that's what you got. It was about on a par with some of the
> 'better' lagers here in the UK. Now, it seems that you get a Mich Ultra by
> default. Is that actually the only one from them in a bottle now? I don't
> get over there often enough to really know. I found the Ultra a bit of an
> 'acquired taste'. It certainly tastes a lot weaker than other versions that
> I had previously drunk, but doesn't actually seem to be. It is a lot less
> 'rounded' in taste - a bit thin and 'crisp' - but never-the-less, quite a
> pleasant refreshing drink with a meal. Once you've let it warm up just a bit
> from the almost-frozen state that it gets delivered to your table in, that
> is ... *For plain old 'throwing a few beers down your throat' it's hard to
> beat good old Bud. Just about strong enough to qualify, and quite a pleasant
> taste. Bit gassy, but tolerable. Do you get Stella Artois over there ? Or
> Kronenbourg 1662? They are nice tasty lager beers.

I can't taste the difference between Stella and Coors.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 05/12/2010 7:41 AM, Dan L wrote:
> > wrote:

> In find all alcoholic beverages tastes horrible. The goal to consuming
> beverages that contain alcohol is to get drunk!

That sounds like the definition of a problem drinker.

> Otherwise i would rather
> have a glass of ice tea if I wanted taste. The lighter tasting beers
> makes it easier to get that buzz.

I like beer, wine and liquor. I have certainly consumed lots of it over
the years. I have never once set out to get drunk. I don't even like
getting drunk. I usually cut myself off after a couple drinks to avoid
intoxication.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On 04/12/2010 8:52 PM, Bryan wrote:

>>> There are, IMHO, some enjoyable American beers. But they're
>>> smaller brands - some of which are even claimed thb brewed in
>>> accordance with the old German "Purity Law" - as in
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot
>>> --
>>> PeteCresswell

>> I rather like to drink Michelob when I'm stateside, but do I recall someone
>> telling me that's actually a Canadian beer ?

> No. It's as American as it gets. For commercial, watery, fairly
> tasteless beer, it's the best of the bunch. It's great for canoeing/
> kayaking because you can get it in cans.

It is sex in a canoe beer.... ****ing near water.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 06:39:38 -0800 (PST), Bryan
> wrote:

Why are you cross posting to so many unrelated newsgroups, Bryan?

sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food .cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.ch ristian.pentecostal

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 13:34:49 -0800 (PST), "Peter Lucas (SAS RET)"
> wrote:

>What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
>They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

So you've being extensive comparisons?

PlainBill

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

wrote:

> So you've being extensive comparisons?

All of our extensive comparison beings are belongs to us.

Lumpy

You were on CHiPs? Did you wear those sexy
tight pants and high boots like Erik Estrada?
No. Swimtrunks.
www.LumpyMusic.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 5, 6:22*am, "N_Cook" > wrote:
> Christopher Helms > wrote in message

> On Dec 4, 7:03 pm, "(PeteCresswell)" > wrote:
>
> > Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):

> > >What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
> > >They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

> > The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".

> > Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
> > American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
> > or otherwise.

> We Americans like our beer mediocre. At the end of Prohibition there
> were something like 700 commercial breweries operating in the US.
> Today if you don't count the micros, there are what? Three big
> nationals? Anheuser Busch, Coors and Miller and they are owned by huge
> conglomerates. There are a few medium sized regional brewers like
> Linenkugel and Yuengling still around, but I don't know if they're
> still independent or not. We Americans don't really do beer anymore.
> Or anything else, for that matter.
>
> &&&&&&
>
> The beer in the Simpsons is Duff, is that a joke for the Brits or does the
> word duff in the USA have the same meaning

In the US it's usually used to refer to ones bottom, as in "Why don't
you get off your duff and go find a job?" There's a guy named Duff who
is or was in the band Guns & Roses at one time, and there was a woman
named Duff on MTv back in the 90's, but those are the only non
Simpsons duffs I can think of right now.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 5, 8:22*am, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> *William *wrote *on Sun, 5 Dec 2010 05:25:37 -0800:
>

> > The story goes that American beers were once "better". But
> > during WWII, they were lightened to appeal more to females,
> > who had become a larger percentage of the drinking population
> > (the males being away at war). No reversal to the original
> > taste occurred after the war.
> > Coors is certainly among the worst major brands. In my
> > light-drinking days, I tasted Coors and decided I'd rather
> > drink plain water.
> > "Sam Adams" makes strong claims for the quality and character
> > of their beers. One of their light beers *supposedly won a
> > first prize in a German contest where there was no light-beer
> > category.
> > There is a "Discovery" series "Brewmasters", though the title
> > should be "Brewmaster", as the focus is on a single brewery,
> > Dogfish Head, which makes all sorts of beers that would never
> > pass the German purity standards. (What is this about Germans
> > and purity, anyway?)

> It is interesting that the vaunted German beer purity law of 1516
> specifies *only barley, hops and water; no yeast
> .http://brewery.org/library/ReinHeit.html

It's only four ingredients, but between hop varieties, malt varieties,
malt roasting and yeast varieties you can get really creative in beer
making.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 5, 6:22 am, "N_Cook" > wrote:
> Christopher Helms > wrote in message

> On Dec 4, 7:03 pm, "(PeteCresswell)" > wrote:
>
> > Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):

> > >What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
> > >They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

> > The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".

> > Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
> > American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
> > or otherwise.

> We Americans like our beer mediocre. At the end of Prohibition there
> were something like 700 commercial breweries operating in the US.
> Today if you don't count the micros, there are what? Three big
> nationals? Anheuser Busch, Coors and Miller and they are owned by huge
> conglomerates. There are a few medium sized regional brewers like
> Linenkugel and Yuengling still around, but I don't know if they're
> still independent or not. We Americans don't really do beer anymore.
> Or anything else, for that matter.
>
> &&&&&&
>
> The beer in the Simpsons is Duff, is that a joke for the Brits or does the
> word duff in the USA have the same meaning

In the US it's usually used to refer to ones bottom, as in "Why don't
you get off your duff and go find a job?" There's a guy named Duff who
is or was in the band Guns & Roses at one time, and there was a woman
named Duff on MTv back in the 90's, but those are the only non
Simpsons duffs I can think of right now.

&&&&&

Duff in the UK can mean anything between inferior to outright broken . ie a
duff amplifier is no longer working and oddly maybe marked U/S by someone
checking such things. U/S being services speak for un-serviceable. Perhaps
at the same sort of time fanny as a word changed meaning as it was
associated with the F.A.N.Y (Female Auxilliary Nursing Yeomanry) in WW2

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On 05/12/2010 21:15, N_Cook wrote:
> Christopher > wrote in message
> On Dec 5, 6:22 am, > wrote:
>> Christopher > wrote in message

>> On Dec 4, 7:03 pm, > wrote:
>>
>>> Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):

>>> The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".

>>> Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
>>> American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
>>> or otherwise.

>> We Americans like our beer mediocre. At the end of Prohibition there
>> were something like 700 commercial breweries operating in the US.
>> Today if you don't count the micros, there are what? Three big
>> nationals? Anheuser Busch, Coors and Miller and they are owned by huge
>> conglomerates. There are a few medium sized regional brewers like
>> Linenkugel and Yuengling still around, but I don't know if they're
>> still independent or not. We Americans don't really do beer anymore.
>> Or anything else, for that matter.
>>
>> &&&&&&
>>
>> The beer in the Simpsons is Duff, is that a joke for the Brits or does the
>> word duff in the USA have the same meaning

> In the US it's usually used to refer to ones bottom, as in "Why don't
> you get off your duff and go find a job?" There's a guy named Duff who
> is or was in the band Guns& Roses at one time, and there was a woman
> named Duff on MTv back in the 90's, but those are the only non
> Simpsons duffs I can think of right now.
>
> &&&&&
>
> Duff in the UK can mean anything between inferior to outright broken . ie a
> duff amplifier is no longer working and oddly maybe marked U/S by someone
> checking such things. U/S being services speak for un-serviceable. Perhaps
> at the same sort of time fanny as a word changed meaning as it was
> associated with the F.A.N.Y (Female Auxilliary Nursing Yeomanry) in WW2

see 'Fanny Hill' by John Cleland.
In some areas in the mid 18th century, prostitutes were known as Fannys

Ron

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

"Peter Lucas (SAS RET)" wrote in message

What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

Some American draught beers are really tasty.

American bottled beer tends to be just beer. Drinkable, if you are thirsty.
There are a few notable exceptions.

http://www.hopsaficionado.com/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 5, 10:29*am, spamtrap1888 > wrote:
> On Dec 5, 5:45*am, "Arfa Daily" > wrote:

.. Do you get Stella Artois over there ? Or
> > Kronenbourg 1662? They are nice tasty lager beers.

> I can't taste the difference between Stella and Coors.

They don't taste anything alike. I'm no fan of Stella, but Coors is
much worse.

--Bryan
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On Dec 5, 11:10*am, Dave Smith > wrote:

> >> I rather like to drink Michelob when I'm stateside, but do I recall someone
> >> telling me that's actually a Canadian beer ?

> > No. *It's as American as it gets. *For commercial, watery, fairly
> > tasteless beer, it's the best of the bunch. *It's great for canoeing/
> > kayaking because you can get it in cans.

> It is sex in a canoe beer.... ****ing near water.

It's also paddling a canoe beer. It's fairly low in alcohol, and it
comes in cans. Bottles are illegal on steams in MO.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 5, 11:52*am, sf > wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 06:39:38 -0800 (PST), Bryan
>
> > wrote:
>
> Why are you cross posting to so many unrelated newsgroups, Bryan?
>
> sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food .cooking,alt.marketing.on line.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

I failed to remove the xpost. GoogleGroups isn't a real newsreader.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
> They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

I would not know, I have never tasted urine before.
But, you must have tasted urine to know the difference

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

"Bryan" > wrote in message
> On Dec 5, 10:29 am, spamtrap1888 > wrote:
>> On Dec 5, 5:45 am, "Arfa Daily" > wrote:
>>

> . Do you get Stella Artois over there ? Or
>> > Kronenbourg 1662? They are nice tasty lager beers.

>> I can't taste the difference between Stella and Coors.

> They don't taste anything alike. I'm no fan of Stella, but Coors is
> much worse.
>
> --Bryan

When I was a youngster they did not sell Coors here (WA), so people would
drive over the mountains to Idaho to buy it. They would come back with a
trunk full of the stuff and it was a big thing to go to a "Coors party". The
first time I got to taste one I said "if we did not have horse shit here
would you drive to Idaho to buy it"? They were quite offended and needless
to say I was no longer invited to any more Coors parties. My loss I'm sure.
--
GUN CONTROL: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and
strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal

On 12/5/2010 5:59 PM, Alex Clayton wrote:

> When I was a youngster they did not sell Coors here (WA), so people
> would drive over the mountains to Idaho to buy it. They would come back
> with a trunk full of the stuff and it was a big thing to go to a "Coors
> party". The first time I got to taste one I said "if we did not have
> horse shit here would you drive to Idaho to buy it"? They were quite
> offended and needless to say I was no longer invited to any more Coors
> parties. My loss I'm sure.

Sounds like a win to me. Coors is awful.

--
Currently reading: To Try Men's Souls by Newt Gingrich and William
Forstchen
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/5/2010 5:39 PM, Dan L wrote:
>> What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
>> They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

> I would not know, I have never tasted urine before.
> But, you must have tasted urine to know the difference

My neighbors drink a 24 pack of bud light every friday night. It's
awful. Tastes like the floor of a bar smells. I brought over some
killian's red once and they couldn't take it...too "beer tasting"

--
Currently reading: To Try Men's Souls by Newt Gingrich and William
Forstchen
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-12-05, ravenlynne > wrote:

> My neighbors drink a 24 pack of bud light every friday night. It's
> awful. Tastes like the floor of a bar smells. I brought over some
> killian's red once and they couldn't take it...too "beer tasting"

It's kinda understandable, if all one has ever drank is canoe beer. I
admit I was not a serious connoisseur of good beer when I first met my
brewing mentor. One beer I now dearly love (Bigfoot), tasted so
horrible to me the first time I drank it, I spit it out and poured
rest down the drain. Now I wait for it (seasonal) in giddy
anticipation, every year.

My brewing buddy spent the better part of a year introducing me into
the intricacies of fine beers. Little by little, ever more robust
flavorful beers like ales and porters, after creeping up on them from
behind well brewed lagers. I've done the same to my friends. If they
don't take to a more flavorful beer at first, back off and come at 'em
from another direction. Much of it is just perception. Many people
are surprised to discover some dark stouts are no more strong tasting than,
say, a German lager. Just cuz the beer is almost black, they
automatically assume it's very strong and malty tasting, which is not
always the case.

OTOH, some people are jes plain stubborn and will give up their
cherished conoe beer. Just forget it, cuz you'll never change their
mind.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/5/2010 6:39 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2010-12-05, > wrote:
>
>> My neighbors drink a 24 pack of bud light every friday night. It's
>> awful. Tastes like the floor of a bar smells. I brought over some
>> killian's red once and they couldn't take it...too "beer tasting"

> It's kinda understandable, if all one has ever drank is canoe beer. I
> admit I was not a serious connoisseur of good beer when I first met my
> brewing mentor. One beer I now dearly love (Bigfoot), tasted so
> horrible to me the first time I drank it, I spit it out and poured
> rest down the drain. Now I wait for it (seasonal) in giddy
> anticipation, every year.
>
> My brewing buddy spent the better part of a year introducing me into
> the intricacies of fine beers. Little by little, ever more robust
> flavorful beers like ales and porters, after creeping up on them from
> behind well brewed lagers. I've done the same to my friends. If they
> don't take to a more flavorful beer at first, back off and come at 'em
> from another direction. Much of it is just perception. Many people
> are surprised to discover some dark stouts are no more strong tasting than,
> say, a German lager. Just cuz the beer is almost black, they
> automatically assume it's very strong and malty tasting, which is not
> always the case.
>
> OTOH, some people are jes plain stubborn and will give up their
> cherished conoe beer. Just forget it, cuz you'll never change their
> mind.
>
> nb

I think many people have only tried guiness and think all dark is like that.