Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Nutmeg recall

from today's Philadelphia Inquirer:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20..._recalled.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Virginia wrote on Wed, 1 Dec 2010 16:58:43 -0500:

> from today's Philadelphia Inquirer:

> http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20..._recalled.html

Oh, it's ground nutmeg but I never use the stuff and grate my nutmegs
then and there. I had a mental picture of Yankee peddlers selling
wooden nutmegs to poor frontierswomen but NJ is not "New England really
is it?

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/1/2010 4:11 PM, James Silverton wrote:
> Virginia wrote on Wed, 1 Dec 2010 16:58:43 -0500:
>
>> from today's Philadelphia Inquirer:

>> http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20..._recalled.html
>>

> Oh, it's ground nutmeg but I never use the stuff and grate my nutmegs
> then and there. I had a mental picture of Yankee peddlers selling wooden
> nutmegs to poor frontierswomen but NJ is not "New England really is it?

I used to live in South Brunswick, NJ. It is definitely *not* New
England. These days it's probably more like New Delhi.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 16:58:43 -0500, Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:

> from today's Philadelphia Inquirer:
>
> http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20..._recalled.html

"...is being recalled voluntarily because it has the potential to
be contaminated with Salmonella, the Food and Drug Administration
says."

Practically everything has the POTENTIAL to be contaminated with
salmonella. But you don't recall it just because of that. We
wouldn't have anything to eat since everything would be in the
recall process.

Either it's contaminated or not. Stop lying to us! These other
folks might be stupid, but I'm not.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 1, 5:11*pm, "James Silverton" >
wrote:
> *Virginia *wrote *on Wed, 1 Dec 2010 16:58:43 -0500:
>
> > from today's Philadelphia Inquirer:
> >http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...N_J__firm_is_r...

> Oh, it's ground nutmeg but I never use the stuff and grate my nutmegs
> then and there. *I had a mental picture *of Yankee peddlers selling
> wooden nutmegs to poor frontierswomen but NJ is not "New England really
> is it?
>
> --
>There was a videeo piece on cnn.com today about nutmeg being the new high for kids.............

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 17:00:08 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

> On 12/1/2010 4:11 PM, James Silverton wrote:
>> Virginia wrote on Wed, 1 Dec 2010 16:58:43 -0500:
>>
>>> from today's Philadelphia Inquirer:

>>> http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20..._recalled.html
>>>

>> Oh, it's ground nutmeg but I never use the stuff and grate my nutmegs
>> then and there. I had a mental picture of Yankee peddlers selling wooden
>> nutmegs to poor frontierswomen but NJ is not "New England really is it?
>>

> I used to live in South Brunswick, NJ. It is definitely *not* New
> England. These days it's probably more like New Delhi.

<snort>

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 17:00:08 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

> >> Oh, it's ground nutmeg but I never use the stuff and grate my nutmegs
> >> then and there. I had a mental picture of Yankee peddlers selling wooden
> >> nutmegs to poor frontierswomen but NJ is not "New England really is it?
> >>

> > I used to live in South Brunswick, NJ. It is definitely *not* New
> > England. These days it's probably more like New Delhi.

> <snort>
>
> your pal,
> blake

She is quite correct, I've spent some time in Ridgefield Park, NJ and a
few other areas and observed the same. And beyond that the signs on the
highways heading northeast say "New England" that way.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pete C. wrote:

>> On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 17:00:08 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

>>> I used to live in South Brunswick, NJ. It is definitely *not* New
>>> England. These days it's probably more like New Delhi.

There are a lot of Indian people living there. Edison, too.

> She is quite correct, I've spent some time in Ridgefield Park, NJ and
> a few other areas and observed the same. And beyond that the signs on
> the highways heading northeast say "New England" that way.

Heck, even New York State isn't New England.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Thu 02 Dec 2010 12:46:32p, Nancy Young told us...

>> There are a lot of Indian people living there. Edison, too.

> I thought Edison was dead.

(laugh!) He's gone but for some reason they found his work there
important enough for the naming rights.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/2/2010 3:51 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> On Thu 02 Dec 2010 12:46:32p, Nancy Young told us...

>>> There are a lot of Indian people living there. Edison, too.

>> I thought Edison was dead.

> (laugh!) He's gone but for some reason they found his work there
> important enough for the naming rights.
>
> nancy

Menlo Park is in Edison Township. I used to live there, too.

Nutmeg Sauce mithunchowdhury Recipes 0 01-01-2012 06:20 PM
Chocolate & nutmeg??? Sky General Cooking 1 25-12-2010 01:41 AM
Nutmeg vs. Mace Wayne Boatwright[_3_] General Cooking 58 04-01-2008 08:51 PM
What do you do with nutmeg syrup? Doug Weller General Cooking 13 22-06-2006 09:16 PM
nutmeg? Kevin and Katie General Cooking 3 30-09-2003 07:22 PM