Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chocolate-flavored donut glaze

"Christopher M." > wrote in message
>I was a huge fan of Hostess boston cream pocket pies. When they stopped
>making them I cried for about a week.
>
> I'm trying to make my own, but I don't have the glaze down yet. It's a
> chocolate flavored glaze, not to be confused with chocolate frosted
> donuts. I guess the word 'glaze' means a different thing to everybody.
>
> I've tried adding chocolate flavoring. Yuck.
>
> I tried mixing in some chocolate syrup--works pretty good.
>
> I used Alton Brown's recipe for a donut glaze, which involves heating up
> some milk and mixing in confectionary sugar. I've also heard that gelatin
> can be used to make a nice, solid glaze.
>
> Should I give up?
>

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Milk and powder sugar makes a glaze, so just use chocolate milk.

Robert

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Robert" > wrote in message

> "Christopher M." > wrote in message
>>I was a huge fan of Hostess boston cream pocket pies. When they stopped
>>making them I cried for about a week.
>>
>> I'm trying to make my own, but I don't have the glaze down yet. It's a
>> chocolate flavored glaze, not to be confused with chocolate frosted
>> donuts. I guess the word 'glaze' means a different thing to everybody.
>>
>> I've tried adding chocolate flavoring. Yuck.
>>
>> I tried mixing in some chocolate syrup--works pretty good.
>>
>> I used Alton Brown's recipe for a donut glaze, which involves heating up
>> some milk and mixing in confectionary sugar. I've also heard that gelatin
>> can be used to make a nice, solid glaze.
>>
>> Should I give up?
>>

>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
>>

> Milk and powder sugar makes a glaze, so just use chocolate milk.
>

> Robert

That's a brilliant idea! Thank you!!

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Robert" > wrote:

> "Christopher M." > wrote in message
> >I was a huge fan of Hostess boston cream pocket pies. When they stopped
> >making them I cried for about a week.
> >
> > I'm trying to make my own, but I don't have the glaze down yet. It's a
> > chocolate flavored glaze, not to be confused with chocolate frosted
> > donuts. I guess the word 'glaze' means a different thing to everybody.
> >
> > I've tried adding chocolate flavoring. Yuck.
> >
> > I tried mixing in some chocolate syrup--works pretty good.
> >
> > I used Alton Brown's recipe for a donut glaze, which involves heating up
> > some milk and mixing in confectionary sugar. I've also heard that gelatin
> > can be used to make a nice, solid glaze.
> >
> > Should I give up?
> >

> > W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
> >

> Milk and powder sugar makes a glaze, so just use chocolate milk.
>

> Robert

Maybe this will help the op?

Shiny Cookie Glaze
Recipe By: Posted to r.f.cooking by Barb Schaller, 12-2-2010

2 cups powdered sugar
4 teaspoons milk
4 teaspoons corn syrup

Mix.

Notes: Source: Canąt remember. 1991 or 1992. Maybe from Maid of
Scandinavia.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella

Donut glaze question Christopher M.[_3_] General Cooking 13 02-10-2011 04:22 AM
Chocolate donut glaze issues Christopher M.[_2_] General Cooking 4 03-01-2011 12:25 AM
Chocolate flavored vodka? Ian General 5 29-07-2004 01:54 PM
Did I once have a "Chocolate" flavored wine?? Wine 3 25-01-2004 05:27 PM
Did I once have a "Chocolate" flavored wine?? BFSON Wine 10 14-01-2004 10:40 PM