Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Youtube cooking - wanna laff?

I browsed through some pierogi videos. One began with the cook
merely plopping filling on her dough rounds, Next I clicked on
another which showed a woman stirring something on a stove, to the
tune of "I Loves You, Porgy" (baaaaaad). With that, I bailed. No
demo or word on the filling recipe or dough. What's with these
abbreviated cooking spots?

Got THAT off my chest.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 28, 9:07*pm, Kalmia > wrote:
> I browsed through some pierogi videos. *One began with the cook
> merely *plopping filling on her dough rounds, *Next I clicked on
> another which *showed a woman stirring something on a stove, to the
> tune of "I Loves You, Porgy" (baaaaaad). * With that, I bailed. *No
> demo or word on the filling recipe or dough. *What's with these
> abbreviated cooking spots?
>
> Got THAT off my chest.

Perogies - or whatever the spelling is. My brother in law (Ukranian)
spent a whole day making those from scratch. He filled them with
potatoes/onions (savoury) and blueberries (sweet). It was a helluva
lot of work!. Too much dough for me. I was sick a couple of hours
after eating them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 28, 9:19*pm, lainie > wrote:
> On Nov 28, 9:07*pm, Kalmia > wrote:
>
> > I browsed through some pierogi videos. *One began with the cook
> > merely *plopping filling on her dough rounds, *Next I clicked on
> > another which *showed a woman stirring something on a stove, to the
> > tune of "I Loves You, Porgy" (baaaaaad). * With that, I bailed. *No
> > demo or word on the filling recipe or dough. *What's with these
> > abbreviated cooking spots?

> > Got THAT off my chest.

> Perogies - or whatever the spelling is. *My brother in law (Ukranian)
> spent a whole day making those from scratch. *He filled them with
> potatoes/onions (savoury) and blueberries (sweet). *It was a helluva
> lot of work!. *Too much dough for me. *I was sick a couple of hours
> after eating them.

The only type I've had were filled with Farmer's Cheese and onion,
fried in pure butter. Homemade, of course. Tried some of those in
the freezer case---ugh - horrible.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
> On Nov 28, 9:19 pm, lainie > wrote:
>> On Nov 28, 9:07 pm, Kalmia > wrote:
>>
>> > I browsed through some pierogi videos. One began with the cook
>> > merely plopping filling on her dough rounds, Next I clicked on
>> > another which showed a woman stirring something on a stove, to the
>> > tune of "I Loves You, Porgy" (baaaaaad). With that, I bailed. No
>> > demo or word on the filling recipe or dough. What's with these
>> > abbreviated cooking spots?

>> > Got THAT off my chest.

>> Perogies - or whatever the spelling is. My brother in law (Ukranian)
>> spent a whole day making those from scratch. He filled them with
>> potatoes/onions (savoury) and blueberries (sweet). It was a helluva
>> lot of work!. Too much dough for me. I was sick a couple of hours
>> after eating them.

> The only type I've had were filled with Farmer's Cheese and onion,
> fried in pure butter. Homemade, of course. Tried some of those in
> the freezer case---ugh - horrible.

The only pierogies I would be temped to try, are those made Barb! Since
there is not a cat in hell's chance of that happening, I can safely say I
shall never experience the aformentioned pierogies!!

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 29, 4:23*pm, "Ophelia" > wrote:
> "Kalmia" > wrote in message

> >> Perogies - or whatever the spelling is. *My brother in law (Ukranian)
> >> spent a whole day making those from scratch. *He filled them with
> >> potatoes/onions (savoury) and blueberries (sweet). *It was a helluva
> >> lot of work!. *Too much dough for me. *I was sick a couple of hours
> >> after eating them.

> > The only type I've had were filled with Farmer's Cheese and onion,
> > fried in pure butter. *Homemade, of course. *Tried some of those in
> > the freezer case---ugh - horrible.

> The only pierogies I would be temped to try, are those made Barb! *Since
> there is not a cat in hell's chance of that happening, I can safely say I
> shall never experience the aformentioned pierogies!!
>
> --
> --https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Maybe she will be kind enough to publish her recipes here (hint, hint).