Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The Chicken Episode of This American Life (NPR) was Cornish Hens

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 20:08:20 GMT, Pinstripe Sniper wrote:

> Well this week This American Life on National Public Radio focused on
> chickens. They had some vintage episodes of the Chicken Man radio
> show, a chicken opera, a zany projected talking duck, and a champion
> chicken photographer and some other funny stuff I am forgetting. I
> think this might be a traditional repeat/clip show from 2003 but it
> was new to me.
>
> You can listen and download (free from Sunday 7PM EST for about 5
> days)
>
> http://www.thisamericanlife.org/
>
> PsS

ever see 'The Natural History of the Chicken'?

<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0257954/>

christ, is it funny. it pops up on PBS every now and then.

my father was a huge Chickenman fan.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 23:50:40 GMT, Pinstripe Sniper wrote:

> blake murphy > wrote:
>>ever see 'The Natural History of the Chicken'?
>><http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0257954/>
>>christ, is it funny. it pops up on PBS every now and then.

> I caught the tail end of it several months ago and my local library
> had it on DVD and yes it was worth watching.

the lady who brings her chicken back from the dead (and gets a first-hand
description from a 'chicken whisperer' of what happened on the brink) is
truly hysterical.

your pal,
blake

Cornish hens ChattyCathy General Cooking 52 29-11-2010 04:06 PM
How To Adapt Mimi's Sticky Chicken Recipe for Cornish Game Hens? Mickey Zalusky General Cooking 37 24-12-2007 06:26 PM
Cornish Hens? Heavy_Smoker Barbecue 17 14-01-2006 06:09 PM
Glazed Cornish Hens 7Hawks Recipes 0 24-11-2004 06:00 PM