Old 30-11-2010, 12:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What happened to marble cake mixes?

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 03:49:12 -0800 (PST), Bryan
wrote:

On Nov 29, 11:31*pm, Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 13:30:08 -0800 (PST), Bryan
arranged random neurons and said:

Another brilliant question from a WebTVer. *Duncan Hines, Betty
Crocker and Pillsbury are all trash.

Oh, for the love of...your nose is stuck so high in the air, if it
rains, you'll drown. Jaysus. I don't personally like box mixes, but
they have their place

No, they don't. They're f-ing garbage, and the pieces of shit who put
them out still load them with hydrogenated oils. I'd rather see those
folks killed slowly that enable them to buy a second yacht.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--Bryan

I've been around these parts for over a decade and I thought I'd never
find anyone here as irritatingly idiotic and useless as Sheldon.

I was wrong.

Boron

Old 30-11-2010, 03:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 29, 1:30*pm, Bryan wrote:
On Nov 28, 9:41*am, wrote:

In the last couple years it seems all brands except Duncan Hines (which
I don't like as much) stopped selling them at the exact same time. *Why?
Even all the name tags on the shelves were gone to signal they weren't
coming back. It was my favorite box cake mix, and Betty Crocker,
Pillsbury, and even the store brands like Shoprite just disappeared.
Trying to make my own wasn't nearly as good. Is the mix anywhere and
what happened?

Another brilliant question from a WebTVer. *Duncan Hines, Betty
Crocker and Pillsbury are all trash.

Name a better forum for the OP to ask his question in. Otherwise
you're just wasting bandwidth by replying.
Old 30-11-2010, 04:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:
"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Nancy2 wrote:
On Nov 28, 9:41 am, wrote:
In the last couple years it seems all brands except Duncan Hines (which
I don't like as much) stopped selling them at the exact same time. Why?
Even all the name tags on the shelves were gone to signal they weren't
coming back. It was my favorite box cake mix, and Betty Crocker,
Pillsbury, and even the store brands like Shoprite just disappeared.
Trying to make my own wasn't nearly as good. Is the mix anywhere and
what happened?

John
Get a chocolate mix and a white mix, mix each according to the
directions, and then make two cakes, putting half of each in a baking
pan and swirling it. Eat one, freeze one.

N.

(Marble cake from scratch is really, really easy.)

Does Jiffy make chocolate cake mix? Each box only makes one layer, so one
chocolate and one white or yellow swirled together would make one marble
cake.

(Or how about swirling a white cake with some chocolate syrup?)

That's what I used to do, but... I would add more chocolate to the
chocolate because the marble part seems like darker chocolate. I know they
do make a chocolate cake, but finding it is the hard part. Last time I got
any I had to mail order it from Hometown Favorites but I threw all of the
mixes out when I discovered dead bugs in some.

I have seen other brands of mixes that make a single layer. They come in a
pouch. I can't remember the brand.

The more I think about it, the more I like the "chocolate syrup" idea.
Adding cocoa to a mix might make it too dry

Bob
Old 30-11-2010, 05:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 21:31:53 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 13:30:08 -0800 (PST), Bryan
arranged random neurons and said:

Another brilliant question from a WebTVer. Duncan Hines, Betty
Crocker and Pillsbury are all trash.

Oh, for the love of...your nose is stuck so high in the air, if it
rains, you'll drown. Jaysus. I don't personally like box mixes, but
they have their place, as do the myriad of other kitchen shortcuts you
find so distasteful. Get over yourself, boyo.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

unlikely, at best. the boy's got lots of stamina.

your pal,
blake

marble cake paparly Baking 1 27-05-2014 08:34 AM
Marble Cake Mix Nancy2 General Cooking 0 07-12-2010 04:49 PM
Out of date cake/pancake mixes Aussie General Cooking 31 05-12-2010 03:18 PM
That LA Times marble cake Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 3 14-06-2008 08:40 PM
Beverly's Choco-Scotch Marble Cake Tizzy Girl Recipes (moderated) 0 27-10-2005 02:14 AM