Banned

Default Heinz Food Products

Hi I am new to this forum so want be a part of every food related discussion. So one simple question for all of you. Can anyone tell their review about Heinz food products

Last edited by Heinzindia : 25-11-2010 at 12:04 PM Reason: spelling mistake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Heinzindia" > wrote in message

> Hi I am new to this forum so want be a part of every food related
> discussion. So one simple question for all of you. Can anyone tell their
> review about Heinz food products

Well I can't, but I will say welcome. I see you post on foodbanter so might
I suggest you put on your flameproof coat?
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 25, 5:03*am, Heinzindia <Heinzindia.
> wrote:
> Hi I am new to this forum so want be a part of every food related
> discussion. So one simple question for all of you. Can anyone tell their
> review about Heinz food products

Ketchup, very good. Cocktail Sauce, so so. Chili sauce, crappy.

> --
> Heinzindia

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Heinzindia" > wrote in message

> Hi I am new to this forum so want be a part of every food related
> discussion. So one simple question for all of you. Can anyone tell their
> review about Heinz food products
>

> --
> Heinzindia

All 57 of them? 25 good, 20 fair, 12 not so good

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 25, 3:03*am, Heinzindia <Heinzindia.
> wrote:
> Hi I am new to this forum so want be a part of every food related
> discussion. So one simple question for all of you. Can anyone tell their
> review about Heinz food products

Heinz tomato soup (not cream of tomato) and tomato juice are delicious.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Heinzindia > wrote:

> Hi I am new to this forum so want be a part of every food related
> discussion. So one simple question for all of you. Can anyone tell their
> review about Heinz food products

They are all wonderful!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Kent Brockman" > wrote:

> On 25-Nov-2010, Heinzindia > wrote:
>
> > Hi I am new to this forum so want be a part of every food related
> > discussion. So one simple question for all of you. Can anyone tell their
> > review about Heinz food products

> Sure; every Heinz product I've tried is overpriced junk-food meant to
> satisfy the fat/sugar/salt junkie. The beans have way too much salt and
> fat, the ketchup has too much sugar and HFCS. Heinz 57 is twice the price
> of equal or better products. They advertise too damn much and show
> contempt for their potential customers by flinging spam.

Absolutely nonsense.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 25, 10:05*am, Bryan > wrote:
> On Nov 25, 5:03*am, Heinzindia <Heinzindia.
>
> > wrote:
> > Hi I am new to this forum so want be a part of every food related
> > discussion. So one simple question for all of you. Can anyone tell their
> > review about Heinz food products

> Ketchup, very good. *Cocktail Sauce, so so. *Chili sauce, crappy.

I never use Cocktail Sauce out of the bottle; always make my own
because it's so easy.

Their Spicy Brown Mustard is very good, if you can find it. The
supermarkets here in SC used to carry it, now the only place I see it
is at Big Lots.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz wrote:

>In article >,
> Heinzindia > wrote:
>
>> Hi I am new to this forum so want be a part of every food related
>> discussion. So one simple question for all of you. Can anyone tell their
>> review about Heinz food products

>They are all wonderful!

Especially that red stuff. And I love Heinz vegetarian beans.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 25, 6:03*am, Heinzindia <Heinzindia.
> wrote:
> Hi I am new to this forum so want be a part of every food related
> discussion. So one simple question for all of you. Can anyone tell their
> review about Heinz food products
>
> --
> Heinzindia

Too much salt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 11:03:38 +0000, Heinzindia
> wrote:

>Hi I am new to this forum so want be a part of every food related
>discussion. So one simple question for all of you. Can anyone tell their
>review about Heinz food products

Um, did you get your answer? <G>

If you would like to be a part of *every* food related discussion, I
would like your opinion of how best to prepare cikostokany, so called
"cowboy stew* of Hungarian origin, based on beef and pork strips
cooked together. Maybe you would provide us new insights on this
difficult dish.....

Consider this as initiating the thread....

Alex, making a *simple* request.

Rabbit in sour cream/dill last night. Tonight beef and barley, thanks
to the cold front! Hang in there, you northerners!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 11:03:38 +0000, Heinzindia wrote:

> Hi I am new to this forum so want be a part of every food related
> discussion. So one simple question for all of you. Can anyone tell their
> review about Heinz food products

Stan, is that you?

-w
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 07:05:23 -0800 (PST), Bryan wrote:

> On Nov 25, 5:03*am, Heinzindia <Heinzindia.
> > wrote:
>> Hi I am new to this forum so want be a part of every food related
>> discussion. So one simple question for all of you. Can anyone tell their
>> review about Heinz food products

> Ketchup, very good. Cocktail Sauce, so so. Chili sauce, crappy.

You *buy* cocktail sauce? Everybody I know makes it from ketchup
and either frech or bottled horseradish. And then adds their own
special twist of some sort (lemon or something).

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 10:53:21 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> All 57 of them? 25 good, 20 fair, 12 not so good

IIRC correctly, "57" referred to the variety of soups. Other than
Cream of Tomato made in the UK, I'd be hard pressed to name any
other variety without guessing at the most common.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 17:00:25 GMT, Kent Brockman wrote:

> Sure; every Heinz product I've tried is overpriced junk-food meant to
> satisfy the fat/sugar/salt junkie. The beans have way too much salt and
> fat, the ketchup has too much sugar and HFCS. Heinz 57 is twice the price
> of equal or better products. They advertise too damn much and show
> contempt for their potential customers by flinging spam.

I don't know where you live, but here in Texas a quart of Heinz
Ketchup is less than the cost of a quart of beer.

That's the only Heinz I buy. Their Worcestershire is better than
French's but why buy either when there's L&P?

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 26, 10:04*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 17:00:25 GMT, Kent Brockman wrote:
> > Sure; every Heinz product I've tried is overpriced junk-food meant to
> > satisfy the fat/sugar/salt junkie. * The beans have way too much salt and
> > fat, the ketchup has too much sugar and HFCS. *Heinz 57 is twice the price
> > of equal or better products. * They advertise too damn much and show
> > contempt for their potential customers by flinging spam.

> I don't know where you live, but here in Texas a quart of Heinz
> Ketchup is less than the cost of a quart of beer.
>
> That's the only Heinz I buy. *Their Worcestershire is better than
> French's but why buy either when there's L&P?

Heinz acquired Lea and Perrins in 2005.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 26 Nov 2010 22:24:47 -0800 (PST), spamtrap1888 wrote:

> On Nov 26, 10:04*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> That's the only Heinz I buy. *Their Worcestershire is better than
>> French's but why buy either when there's L&P?

> Heinz acquired Lea and Perrins in 2005.

And you call that sugar and fat-laden?

Right after I write that post I wet down to make a Bloody Cesar
(with 6 glugs of L&P) and ended up spilling 14 o 18 ounces - while
I was pouring it on the top shelf of the refrigerator. I dropped
the bottle of sriracha into the cup and the 28oz bottle or sriracha
won that round.

Bloody Cesar all over the refrigerator. And into the freezer
compartment underneath. And I never realized how sugary Clamato
was until you spill it on the floor. I didn't really plan on
mopping at 12:30PM.

And it's all because of you and your lies!

-sw

-w
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Heinzindia" > wrote in message

> Hi I am new to this forum so want be a part of every food related
> discussion. So one simple question for all of you. Can anyone tell their
> review about Heinz food products

I use the ketchup and mustard. I think I have used the canned beans in the
past and also the soups, but I don't think they are readily available here.
I have seen them at some stores that sell imported items. I don't know what
else they make. Oh doh! Heinz 57! Yes! I have used that too. A couple
of varieties. It's the preferred steak sauce of pretty much everyone I
know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Omelet > wrote:

> In article >,
> Stan Horwitz > wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > Heinzindia > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi I am new to this forum so want be a part of every food related
> > > discussion. So one simple question for all of you. Can anyone tell their
> > > review about Heinz food products

> > They are all wonderful!

> I have yet to find a good use for a single one of them.
> The only Kraft product I like is their BBQ sauce.
>
> There are far, far better quality products on the market. Heintz uses
> too much sugar, salt and hfcs.

Heinz has eliminated HFCS from its "Simply Heinz" ketchup and organic
ketchup and is reducing salt across all its products a little at a time
over a period of a few years.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-11-27, Sqwertz > wrote:

> You *buy* cocktail sauce? Everybody I know makes it from ketchup
> and either frech or bottled horseradish. And then adds their own
> special twist of some sort (lemon or something).

Lemon, some minced capers, and a shot or two or Worcestershire.

Seems to me some fresh dill might not be a bad addition, although not
sure, but I'll try and remember to give it a try the next time I make
a batch of cocktail sauce and if I have some fresh dill handy which is
not likely so you'll probably hafta wait a very long time or do it
yourself.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-11-25, Heinzindia > wrote:

> Hi I am new to this forum so want be a part of every food related
> discussion. So one simple question for all of you. Can anyone tell their
> review about Heinz food products

Can you categorically deny you are not a marketing droid or some other
form of PR ****** from Heinz?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 10:53:21 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > All 57 of them? 25 good, 20 fair, 12 not so good

> IIRC correctly, "57" referred to the variety of soups. Other than
> Cream of Tomato made in the UK, I'd be hard pressed to name any
> other variety without guessing at the most common.

GIMF:

http://www.heinz.com/our-company/press-room/trivia.aspx

What does the "57" stand for in Heinz's famous slogan, "57 Varieties?"

While riding a train in New York City in 1896, Henry Heinz saw a
sign advertising 21 styles of shoes, which he thought was clever.
Although Heinz was manufacturing more than 60 products at the time,
Henry thought 57 was a lucky number. So, he began using the slogan "57
Varieties" in all his advertising. Today the company has more than 5,700
products around the globe, but still uses the magic number of "57."

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-11-27, Dan Abel > wrote:

> Varieties" in all his advertising. Today the company has more than 5,700
> products around the globe.....

I wonder at what number did spotted dick and curry beans join the
line-up. I've tried the curry beans. Not bad. The spotted dick
(suet pudding) is kinda pricey, so haven't tried that one, yet.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Stan Horwitz" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Omelet > wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> Stan Horwitz > wrote:

>> > They are all wonderful!

>> I have yet to find a good use for a single one of them.
>> The only Kraft product I like is their BBQ sauce.
>>
>> There are far, far better quality products on the market. Heintz uses
>> too much sugar, salt and hfcs.

> Heinz has eliminated HFCS from its "Simply Heinz" ketchup and organic
> ketchup and is reducing salt across all its products a little at a time
> over a period of a few years.

I just had some of that ketchup the other day in a restaurant. Good stuff!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 13:55:32 -0800, Dan Abel wrote:

> In article >,
> Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 10:53:21 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>>> All 57 of them? 25 good, 20 fair, 12 not so good

>> IIRC correctly, "57" referred to the variety of soups. Other than
>> Cream of Tomato made in the UK, I'd be hard pressed to name any
>> other variety without guessing at the most common.

> GIMF:
>
> http://www.heinz.com/our-company/press-room/trivia.aspx
>
> What does the "57" stand for in Heinz's famous slogan, "57 Varieties?"
>
> While riding a train in New York City in 1896, Henry Heinz saw a
> sign advertising 21 styles of shoes, which he thought was clever.
> Although Heinz was manufacturing more than 60 products at the time,
> Henry thought 57 was a lucky number. So, he began using the slogan "57
> Varieties" in all his advertising. Today the company has more than 5,700
> products around the globe, but still uses the magic number of "57."

Well, Henry used to be my grandparents neighbors and I heard
differently.

"Who's got my pickle?". I'd bet even Stan doesn't even know that
one. Nor has any of the plastic pickle buttons from that slogan.

-sw (ducking)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 27 Nov 2010 22:09:21 GMT, notbob wrote:

> I wonder at what number did spotted dick and curry beans join the
> line-up. I've tried the curry beans. Not bad. The spotted dick
> (suet pudding) is kinda pricey, so haven't tried that one, yet.

Dick isn't cheap for a guy.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 07:29:57 -0500, Stan Horwitz wrote:

> Heinz has eliminated HFCS from its "Simply Heinz" ketchup and organic
> ketchup and is reducing salt across all its products a little at a time
> over a period of a few years.

Heinz used to portion pack salt for fast food joints (Pittsburgh
was also the home of the Big Mac). I don't know if they still so,
but it would be hard to reduce salt concentration there.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-11-28, Sqwertz > wrote:

> Dick isn't cheap for a guy.

I bow to your experti.... no wait!

I succumb to... er... cancel that!

You obviously know best.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 28 Nov 2010 16:01:21 GMT, notbob wrote:

> On 2010-11-28, Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> Dick isn't cheap for a guy.

> I bow to your experti.... no wait!
>
> I succumb to... er... cancel that!
>
> You obviously know best.

Now that I think about it, there are *** hangouts that you can
probably get free dick. But I've never partaken of the paid or
free variety.

Most women can get free spotted dick any time they want.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 23:45:40 -0600 in rec.food.cooking, Sqwertz
> wrote,
>"Who's got my pickle?". I'd bet even Stan doesn't even know that
>one. Nor has any of the plastic pickle buttons from that slogan.

Baby snakes.