Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Found a cool site for recipes for seasoning mixes

http://www.budget101.com/frugal/seas...x-recipes-198/

they have recipes for everything you can think of!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 24, 12:35*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> http://www.budget101.com/frugal/seas...x-recipes-198/
>
> they have recipes for everything you can think of!!!

Wow! Great link!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 24, 3:45*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
> On Wed 24 Nov 2010 03:35:45p, ImStillMags wrote in rec.food.cooking
> @n2g2000pre.googlegroups.com>:
>
> >http://www.budget101.com/frugal/seas...x-recipes-198/

> > they have recipes for everything you can think of!!!

> Thanks! What a neat idea to make spice mixes for gifts. Now I'll have
> to look for fancy jars and shakers.

Great site!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo the Clown wrote:
> On Nov 24, 12:35 pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
>> http://www.budget101.com/frugal/seas...x-recipes-198/
>>
>> they have recipes for everything you can think of!!!

> Wow! Great link!!!!

Did you look at any of the recipes? Lots of salt, MSG,
and packets of salad dressing mix. And CocaCola as a brine for
steak? Ick. (Whoever heard of poultry seasoning without sage?)

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 24 Nov 2010 21:45:24 GMT, Cheryl > wrote:

> On Wed 24 Nov 2010 03:35:45p, ImStillMags wrote in rec.food.cooking
> @n2g2000pre.googlegroups.com>:
>
> > http://www.budget101.com/frugal/seas...x-recipes-198/
> >
> > they have recipes for everything you can think of!!!

> Thanks! What a neat idea to make spice mixes for gifts. Now I'll have
> to look for fancy jars and shakers.

BB&B has nice shakers for 99¢ each.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:35:45 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> http://www.budget101.com/frugal/seas...x-recipes-198/
>
> they have recipes for everything you can think of!!!

Thanks... even for harissa. Imagine that!

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo the Clown wrote:
> On Nov 24, 12:35 pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
>> http://www.budget101.com/frugal/seas...x-recipes-198/
>>
>> they have recipes for everything you can think of!!!

> Wow! Great link!!!!

It answers one question for me: what is "apple pie spice"? I liked the
looks of a recipe on that site "Just a Pinch," but couldn't figure out
what it meant by "apple pie spice." According to the above site, it's:
1/4 c. cinnamon
2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. ground ginger

1/4 cup cinnamon? Really?

And its "Apple Pie Spice #2" is exactly like the above.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"