Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default DIY Pumpkin spice latte?????

Aussie wrote:
> I Googled Pumpkin Pie Spice...... but a Pumpkin Latte????!!!!!
>
> I drink Chai Spice Tea, and it's very cinnamony etc..... I just just can't
> get my head around the Pumpkin (coffee) Latte thing.

Im quite fond of pumpkin ice cream, and that goes well with a chocolate
muffin so the idea of pumpkin coffee don't seem so very extreme too me.

> DIY pumpkin spice latte
>
> Adapted from the blog FrugalDreamer.com.
>
> Makes: 2 servings
>
> 2 cups milk
>
> 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
>
> 2 tablespoons sugar
>
> 1 tablespoon vanilla
>
> 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for garnish
>
> 1 cup strong brewed coffee
>
> Whipped cream
>
> Cinnamon, optional
>
> Combine milk, pumpkin and sugar in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat,
> stirring, until steaming. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and 1/2
> teaspoon pumpkin spice. Whisk the mixture until foamy. Transfer into two
> mugs, filling each only half way; top with coffee. Garnish with a dollop
> of whipped cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.

Now im curious, but as much about substituting hot chocolate for the coffee.

Im saving this to my "to do" list, i wasn't planning on making pumpkin
pies this year, but i think i will buy a can of pumpkin just to try it
with coffee and also to make chocolate with.

--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!