Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Crack Pie

Anyone here made the Momofuku Crack Pie?

I'm thinking of doing one along with all the other desserts for
Thanksgiving.

How did it turn out for you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 6, 2:01*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> Anyone here made the Momofuku Crack Pie?
>
> I'm thinking of doing one along with all the other desserts for
> Thanksgiving.
>
> How did it turn out for you?

and top it off with some methadone ice cream?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 14:01:36 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>Anyone here made the Momofuku Crack Pie?
>
>I'm thinking of doing one along with all the other desserts for
>Thanksgiving.
>
>How did it turn out for you?

My son made two of them a few months ago. It is very sweet - a bit
too sweet for my tastes, and I am someone who really likes sweets. Too
much work for a small reward.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 14:01:36 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > wrote:
>
>> Anyone here made the Momofuku Crack Pie?
>>
>> I'm thinking of doing one along with all the other desserts for
>> Thanksgiving.
>>
>> How did it turn out for you?

> My son made two of them a few months ago. It is very sweet - a bit
> too sweet for my tastes, and I am someone who really likes sweets. Too
> much work for a small reward.

It didn't sound very good to me, either, like an oatmeal
cookie crust filled with thick pecan-less pecan pie filling.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 19:44:48 -0600, "gloria.p" >
wrote:

>Boron Elgar wrote:
>> On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 14:01:36 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone here made the Momofuku Crack Pie?
>>>
>>> I'm thinking of doing one along with all the other desserts for
>>> Thanksgiving.
>>>
>>> How did it turn out for you?

>> My son made two of them a few months ago. It is very sweet - a bit
>> too sweet for my tastes, and I am someone who really likes sweets. Too
>> much work for a small reward.

>It didn't sound very good to me, either, like an oatmeal
>cookie crust filled with thick pecan-less pecan pie filling.
>
>gloria p

And not a bit of chocolate!

Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 19:44:48 -0600, "gloria.p" >
> wrote:
>
>> Boron Elgar wrote:
>>> On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 14:01:36 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags

>>> My son made two of them a few months ago. It is very sweet - a bit
>>> too sweet for my tastes, and I am someone who really likes sweets. Too
>>> much work for a small reward.

>> It didn't sound very good to me, either, like an oatmeal
>> cookie crust filled with thick pecan-less pecan pie filling.
>>
>> gloria p

> And not a bit of chocolate!

Not even worth the calories, then.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"gloria.p" > wrote:

> Boron Elgar wrote:
> > On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 14:01:36 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Anyone here made the Momofuku Crack Pie?
> >>
> >> I'm thinking of doing one along with all the other desserts for
> >> Thanksgiving.
> >>
> >> How did it turn out for you?

> > My son made two of them a few months ago. It is very sweet - a bit
> > too sweet for my tastes, and I am someone who really likes sweets. Too
> > much work for a small reward.

> It didn't sound very good to me, either, like an oatmeal
> cookie crust filled with thick pecan-less pecan pie filling.

Looks good to me (I'm a sucker for anything with oatmeal in it), but
yeah, too much work and too much sugar.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 6, 7:44*pm, "gloria.p" > wrote:
> Boron Elgar wrote:
> > On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 14:01:36 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > > wrote:

> >> Anyone here made the Momofuku Crack Pie?

> >> I'm thinking of doing one along with all the other desserts for
> >> Thanksgiving.

> >> How did it turn out for you?

> > My son made two of them a few months ago. *It is very sweet - a bit
> > too sweet for my tastes, and I am someone who really likes sweets. Too
> > much work for a small reward.

> It didn't sound very good to me, either, like an oatmeal
> cookie crust filled with thick pecan-less pecan pie filling.
>
> gloria p

It sounds like Shoo-Fly Pie would be a good substitute. It's yummy.

N.

Pizza Hut is crack. phaeton General Cooking 5 24-03-2009 03:01 PM
Chicken Crack nanc Recipes (moderated) 0 29-09-2008 04:22 AM
up before the crack of dawn sf[_3_] General Cooking 0 21-08-2008 02:18 PM