Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Out of Order

My news server must have a short in it. Has anyone else noticed
recent posts are out of order in their news reader? I'm finding new
threads in among saved posts up to four years old. I can understand
it when a new post has a commonly used title, like "Dinner", but how
many threads are there called "Prehistoric Ableskiver Pan" or "Hacking
your slow cooker for Sous Vide"?

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 17:35:04 -0700, sf wrote:

> My news server must have a short in it. Has anyone else noticed
> recent posts are out of order in their news reader? I'm finding new
> threads in among saved posts up to four years old. I can understand
> it when a new post has a commonly used title, like "Dinner", but how
> many threads are there called "Prehistoric Ableskiver Pan" or "Hacking
> your slow cooker for Sous Vide"?

This is simply a case of Luser Error.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 13:03:20 -0800, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

> sf wrote:
> >
> > My news server must have a short in it. Has anyone else noticed
> > recent posts are out of order in their news reader? I'm finding new
> > threads in among saved posts up to four years old. I can understand
> > it when a new post has a commonly used title, like "Dinner", but how
> > many threads are there called "Prehistoric Ableskiver Pan" or "Hacking
> > your slow cooker for Sous Vide"?

> I made one post with the wrong date. My calendar
> was off by a day. Since my computer died, I have
> to re-enter the date and time when I turn on
> the replacement. Once, I got the date wrong.

Not accusing you of anything Mark, I thought maybe my news server had
gone haywire. Diddled around a bit with my news reader and all is
well now.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> My news server must have a short in it. Has anyone else noticed
> recent posts are out of order in their news reader? I'm finding new
> threads in among saved posts up to four years old. I can understand
> it when a new post has a commonly used title, like "Dinner", but how
> many threads are there called "Prehistoric Ableskiver Pan" or "Hacking
> your slow cooker for Sous Vide"?

I made one post with the wrong date. My calendar
was off by a day. Since my computer died, I have
to re-enter the date and time when I turn on
the replacement. Once, I got the date wrong.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 5, 5:35*pm, sf > wrote:
> My news server must have a short in it. *Has anyone else noticed
> recent posts are out of order in their news reader? *I'm finding new
> threads in among saved posts up to four years old. *I can understand
> it when a new post has a commonly used title, like "Dinner", but how
> many threads are there called "Prehistoric Ableskiver Pan" or "Hacking
> your slow cooker for Sous Vide"?
>
> --
>
> Never trust a dog to watch your food.

Google groups was on the fritz for a little while.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 14:27:48 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

> On Nov 5, 5:35*pm, sf > wrote:
> > My news server must have a short in it. *Has anyone else noticed
> > recent posts are out of order in their news reader? *I'm finding new
> > threads in among saved posts up to four years old. *I can understand
> > it when a new post has a commonly used title, like "Dinner", but how
> > many threads are there called "Prehistoric Ableskiver Pan" or "Hacking
> > your slow cooker for Sous Vide"?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Never trust a dog to watch your food.

> Google groups was on the fritz for a little while.

Google is having big problems lately. Their voice & talk (phone call)
has had problems for quite a few days.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 13:03:20 -0800, Mark Thorson wrote:

> sf wrote:
>>
>> My news server must have a short in it. Has anyone else noticed
>> recent posts are out of order in their news reader? I'm finding new
>> threads in among saved posts up to four years old. I can understand
>> it when a new post has a commonly used title, like "Dinner", but how
>> many threads are there called "Prehistoric Ableskiver Pan" or "Hacking
>> your slow cooker for Sous Vide"?

> I made one post with the wrong date. My calendar
> was off by a day. Since my computer died, I have
> to re-enter the date and time when I turn on
> the replacement. Once, I got the date wrong.

Shoot. Is it really only 2:25AM? I'm using W2KPro.

That means more BEER!

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 6, 3:27*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Nov 5, 5:35*pm, sf > wrote:
>
> > My news server must have a short in it. *Has anyone else noticed
> > recent posts are out of order in their news reader? *I'm finding new
> > threads in among saved posts up to four years old. *I can understand
> > it when a new post has a commonly used title, like "Dinner", but how
> > many threads are there called "Prehistoric Ableskiver Pan" or "Hacking
> > your slow cooker for Sous Vide"?

> > --

> > Never trust a dog to watch your food.

> Google groups was on the fritz for a little while.

Google Groups regularly stalls, stops, sputters, backs up and goes to
sleep, sometimes for days at a time, as new and better versions of
Snoopware are installed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 07 Nov 2010 19:32:43 GMT, Cheryl > wrote:

> think I broke the whole thing by changing my news server wrong. I'm
> really sorry it's messed everything up for you.

Don't take it personally, Cheryl. I think the only thing you messed
up is your newsreader... this was a different problem. I reordered my
list a couple of times and they finally fell into place. I think when
people use common subjects, like pork loin or dinner, they should put
a date in the subject to differentiate it from all the others and keep
it from attaching to a thread that's four years old.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

The Order Cornholio General Cooking 198 26-12-2008 10:42 PM
buy ampicillin plate order ampicillin dosing order ampicillinprophylaxis order ampicillin gentamycin order ampicillin dosing orderampicillin agar order ampicillin buy ampicillin acne order ampicillin solutionlb agar plates penicillin order ampicillin [email protected] General Cooking 0 13-03-2008 04:41 AM
Order Leonard Tea 21 17-12-2004 07:16 PM
WSM order is in bbq Barbecue 22 03-03-2004 05:44 PM
Where to Order? Chris Sushi 6 23-11-2003 07:22 PM