Old 26-10-2010, 06:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Bill Clinton ate here....

Fun article today in the NY Times about how a president can influence
dining preferences and make even a hot dog stand famous.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/27/di...d=1&ref=dining

enjoyable read.

Old 27-10-2010, 05:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:02:57 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags wrote:

Fun article today in the NY Times about how a president can influence
dining preferences and make even a hot dog stand famous.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/27/di...d=1&ref=dining

enjoyable read.

i really liked this, from the comments:

Paul Begala's favorite story of this
ilk occurred when he accompanied
Clinton on a state visit to South America. "Clinton always
makes a point of meeting the common people who serve us at these
events. So we were walking through the kitchen when Clinton stops in
front of a dishwasher and says, 'Miguel! Why aren't you in Peru?' He
met the guy for three seconds in the kitchen at another event years ago
in another country, and he remembered him."

http://motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2010/10/when-bill-clinton-eats-out#comment-90098459

your pal,
blake
Old 27-10-2010, 05:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/26/2010 12:02 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
Fun article today in the NY Times about how a president can influence
dining preferences and make even a hot dog stand famous.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/27/di...d=1&ref=dining

enjoyable read.

This reminds me of when Gerald Ford came to Texas and ate a tamale. He
didn't know that you were supposed to peel off the corn husk, and it was
being videotaped. He seems like a nice guy and I felt bad for him.

Becca
Old 27-10-2010, 05:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bill was less than 3 miles from my house yesterday. I did not know
until I saw the morning news. I would have had him over for pasta.