Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default Bill Clinton ate here....

Fun article today in the NY Times about how a president can influence
dining preferences and make even a hot dog stand famous.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/27/di...d=1&ref=dining

enjoyable read.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 10:02:57 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags wrote:

> Fun article today in the NY Times about how a president can influence
> dining preferences and make even a hot dog stand famous.
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/27/di...d=1&ref=dining
>
> enjoyable read.

i really liked this, from the comments:

> > Paul Begala's favorite story of this
> > ilk occurred when he accompanied
> > Clinton on a state visit to South America. "Clinton always
> > makes a point of meeting the common people who serve us at these
> > events. So we were walking through the kitchen when Clinton stops in
> > front of a dishwasher and says, 'Miguel! Why aren't you in Peru?' He
> > met the guy for three seconds in the kitchen at another event years ago
> > in another country, and he remembered him."

<http://motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2010/10/when-bill-clinton-eats-out#comment-90098459>

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/26/2010 12:02 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> Fun article today in the NY Times about how a president can influence
> dining preferences and make even a hot dog stand famous.
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/27/di...d=1&ref=dining
>
> enjoyable read.

This reminds me of when Gerald Ford came to Texas and ate a tamale. He
didn't know that you were supposed to peel off the corn husk, and it was
being videotaped. He seems like a nice guy and I felt bad for him.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bill was less than 3 miles from my house yesterday. I did not know
until I saw the morning news. I would have had him over for pasta.