Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 50 Sandwiches to Eat before you Die

http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx

I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?

But, there's so many other good sammiches out there, not on the list.

Who makes these lists?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I'm curious if the Elvis sandwich is the fried Peanut Butter and
Banana sandwich that his cook Mary Jenkins used to make for him, or if
it was the sub from the Denver sub shop that he used to fly to Denver
for specifically for this sub? He would load up his jet and travel to
Denver, and the people from the sub shop would meet him at the runway
with a bagful of subs, then he would turn around and fly back home to
Memphis. I believe it was called the Fool's Gold Loaf, and consisted
of a loaf of Italian Bread stuffed with a jar of Peanut Butter, a jar
of Jelly, and a pound of Fried Bacon.

No wonder he died of a massive heart attack at 42.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 19:23:53 -0400, "BigBadBubba"
> wrote:

>other good sammiches

It is SANDWICH....SANDWICH.....SANDWICH...DAMN IT!

Where did you learn to spell? Third grade dropout come to mind!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 24, 6:32*pm, Mr. Bill > wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 19:23:53 -0400, "BigBadBubba"
>
> > wrote:
> >other good sammiches

> It is SANDWICH....SANDWICH.....SANDWICH...DAMN IT!
>
> Where did you learn to spell? * *Third grade dropout come to mind!

With a name like BigBadBubba, he's very likely from the Old South.
That's the most EGGNURNT part of the country.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"BigBadBubba" > wrote:

> http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx
>
> I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?
>
> But, there's so many other good sammiches out there, not on the list.
>
> Who makes these lists?
>

> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

Thanks Bubba- that was a better-than-average collection. Plenty of
international selections. One classic they missed though was the
post-thanksgiving classic: turkey slices with lettuce and mayo on
commercial white bread. Some people might add dressing and cranberry
sauce.

D.M.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"BigBadBubba" > wrote in message
> http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx
>
> I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?
>
> But, there's so many other good sammiches out there, not on the list.
>
> Who makes these lists?

Who doesn't read enough to know that this subject has been covered here
numerous times? Oh, yes, that would be YOU!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

BBB wrote:

> http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx
>
> I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?

I've had 30 of them, but I wish I had *not* tried a chip butty. They're
revolting.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"BigBadBubba" > wrote in message
> http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx
>
> I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?
>
> But, there's so many other good sammiches out there, not on the list.
>
> Who makes these lists?

I think I've had 10. Probably wouldn't want to eat the others. But I've
had plenty more that were not on that list.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/24/2010 7:23 PM, BigBadBubba wrote:
> http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx
>
> I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?
>
> But, there's so many other good sammiches out there, not on the list.
>
> Who makes these lists?
>

> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

Without looking up the ones I wasn't sure about, I've had 18.

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/24/2010 9:10 PM, Don Martinich wrote:

> Thanks Bubba- that was a better-than-average collection. Plenty of
> international selections. One classic they missed though was the
> post-thanksgiving classic: turkey slices with lettuce and mayo on
> commercial white bread. Some people might add dressing and cranberry
> sauce.
>
> D.M.

I thought that's what the christmas sandwich was....

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/24/2010 10:27 PM, Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> BBB wrote:
>
>> http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx
>>
>> I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?

> I've had 30 of them, but I wish I had *not* tried a chip butty. They're
> revolting.
>
> Bob

After going back and looking at the descriptions, instead of 20 I've had
27. They sell a chip butty po-boy in New Orleans. I did note that the
photos of "poboy" and "muffelata" look nothing like what I got in new
orleans and I lived there most of my life. We had poboys every single
friday in my childhood.

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 19:23:53 -0400, BigBadBubba wrote:

> http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx
>
> I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?
>
> But, there's so many other good sammiches out there, not on the list.
>
> Who makes these lists?

damn it, i want a beef on weck.

there used to be a small carryout where i lived that had broodjes. a
smallish, oblong hard roll with meats and cheeses inside:

<http://tinyurl.com/295243w>

i wish i had one of their paté broodjes right now. they hit the spot.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
ravenlynne > wrote:

> On 10/24/2010 10:27 PM, Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> > BBB wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx
> >>
> >> I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?

> > I've had 30 of them, but I wish I had *not* tried a chip butty. They're
> > revolting.
> >
> > Bob
> >

> After going back and looking at the descriptions, instead of 20 I've had
> 27. They sell a chip butty po-boy in New Orleans. I did note that the
> photos of "poboy" and "muffelata" look nothing like what I got in new
> orleans and I lived there most of my life. We had poboys every single
> friday in my childhood.

That helps answer the question about "who writes these things"? It also
helps me decide what to do with with my life. I haven't read the
article, and given what you posted, I don't currently plan to read it,
either.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/25/2010 9:57 AM, ravenlynne wrote:
> After going back and looking at the descriptions, instead of 20 I've
> had 27. They sell a chip butty po-boy in New Orleans. I did note
> that the photos of "poboy" and "muffelata" look nothing like what I
> got in new orleans and I lived there most of my life. We had poboys
> every single friday in my childhood.

From what I can tell, I have tried about 23 of them. They missed a few
of my favorites, the Italian sandwich, the hot Italian beef sandwich and
the Cuban sandwich. Did they have grilled cheese on there?

You are right about the muffaletta, that pic was not right. I had one
about 10 days ago.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/25/2010 2:00 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:
> On 10/25/2010 9:57 AM, ravenlynne wrote:
>> After going back and looking at the descriptions, instead of 20 I've
>> had 27. They sell a chip butty po-boy in New Orleans. I did note that
>> the photos of "poboy" and "muffelata" look nothing like what I got in
>> new orleans and I lived there most of my life. We had poboys every
>> single friday in my childhood.
>>

> From what I can tell, I have tried about 23 of them. They missed a few
> of my favorites, the Italian sandwich, the hot Italian beef sandwich and
> the Cuban sandwich. Did they have grilled cheese on there?
>
> You are right about the muffaletta, that pic was not right. I had one
> about 10 days ago.
>
> Becca

A real muffelata is a wonderful thing. I didn't see grilled cheese or
the other ones you mentioned, though I'm unclear of your definition of
italian sandwich. The hard, almost inedible roll with a paper thin
slice of proscuitto like you find most of the time in italy? There was
a caprese.

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/25/2010 2:29 PM, Andy wrote:
> "Bob > wrote:
>
>> http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx

> I've maybe had 20 of them.
>
> Who made up this list?
>
> Where's my plain& simple avocado?
> And the twice my size cheeseburger??
> And.. and... where's my "green death" (includes avocado, jalapeno and
> celery) tuna salad"???
>
> Andy

Maybe they were trying to eliminate the ones that everyone has eaten and
trying to put into the spotlight lesser known ones?

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due
Member

Are you partial to brisket? I would recommend using butts, or prok shoulder instead.
Butts or shoulder you lose about 40-50% between shrinkage and pulling and removing fat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/25/2010 1:28 PM, ravenlynne wrote:
> On 10/25/2010 2:00 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:

>> From what I can tell, I have tried about 23 of them. They missed a few
>> of my favorites, the Italian sandwich, the hot Italian beef sandwich and
>> the Cuban sandwich. Did they have grilled cheese on there?
>>
>> You are right about the muffaletta, that pic was not right. I had one
>> about 10 days ago.
>>
>> Becca

> A real muffelata is a wonderful thing. I didn't see grilled cheese or
> the other ones you mentioned, though I'm unclear of your definition of
> italian sandwich. The hard, almost inedible roll with a paper thin
> slice of proscuitto like you find most of the time in italy? There
> was a caprese.

The Italian sandwich I'm thinking of, is a hoagie (submarine sandwich)
made on crusty bread. It has provolone, prosciutto, capicola, peppered
ham, Genoa salami, peppers, onions, tomatoes, black olives, olive oil &
vinegar, oregano. I am probably forgetting something, but just thinking
about it makes my mouth water. I have made them at home, using whatever
meats I can find here in the south, and I used Italian dressing. I
discovered that Publix supermarket makes a good Italian sandwich. I
bought one and took it to the beach in Florida.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ravenlynne" > wrote in message
> On 10/25/2010 2:29 PM, Andy wrote:
>> "Bob > wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx

>> I've maybe had 20 of them.
>>
>> Who made up this list?

> Maybe they were trying to eliminate the ones that everyone has eaten and
> trying to put into the spotlight lesser known ones?

Like the little-known Peanut Butter and Jelly?

Brian
--
Day 628 of the "no grouchy usenet posts" project.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ravenlynne" > wrote in message
> On 10/24/2010 10:27 PM, Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>> BBB wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx
>>>
>>> I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?

>> I've had 30 of them, but I wish I had *not* tried a chip butty. They're
>> revolting.
>>
>> Bob
>>

> After going back and looking at the descriptions, instead of 20 I've had
> 27. They sell a chip butty po-boy in New Orleans. I did note that the
> photos of "poboy" and "muffelata" look nothing like what I got in new
> orleans and I lived there most of my life. We had poboys every single
> friday in my childhood.

When I was a kid we used to eat frozen poboys. I doubt they even make them
any more. I didn't really like them. Seemed like a sub roll with bologna
and cheese on it. We had these with Sara Lee turnovers, also frozen. My
friend and I would take turns spending the night at each other's house over
the weekend. We often had this meal at her house because it was something
we could fix for ourselves. Her parents would go out for the night and
leave us there by ourselves.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/25/2010 5:01 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message

>>> I've had 30 of them, but I wish I had *not* tried a chip butty. They're
>>> revolting.
>>>
>>> Bob
>>>

>> After going back and looking at the descriptions, instead of 20 I've had
>> 27. They sell a chip butty po-boy in New Orleans. I did note that the
>> photos of "poboy" and "muffelata" look nothing like what I got in new
>> orleans and I lived there most of my life. We had poboys every single
>> friday in my childhood.

> When I was a kid we used to eat frozen poboys. I doubt they even make them
> any more. I didn't really like them. Seemed like a sub roll with bologna
> and cheese on it. We had these with Sara Lee turnovers, also frozen. My
> friend and I would take turns spending the night at each other's house over
> the weekend. We often had this meal at her house because it was something
> we could fix for ourselves. Her parents would go out for the night and
> leave us there by ourselves.

A new orleans shrimp poboy, with fresh french bread (haven't gotten
anything like it anywhere else) or oysters, or catfish, or roast beef
and gravy served "dressed" (lettuce, tomato, pickle and mayo, hot sauce
and ketchup on the seafood) served with an ice cold beer is my favorite
meal in the world. Heck, even the chip butty (french fries with roast
beef gravy) po boy is great.

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/25/2010 4:39 PM, Default User wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> Maybe they were trying to eliminate the ones that everyone has eaten and
>> trying to put into the spotlight lesser known ones?

> Like the little-known Peanut Butter and Jelly?
>

> Brian

I knew someone was going to bring that up. Crap.

Still, I think they were trying to spotlight lesser known ones.

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I couldn't get past the photo of the fist one, the bacon sandwich.

That bacon was RAW. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

I love bacon but it has to be cooked at least brown, and crisp
is best.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:49:57 -0500, Ema Nymton wrote:

> On 10/25/2010 1:28 PM, ravenlynne wrote:
>> On 10/25/2010 2:00 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:

>>> From what I can tell, I have tried about 23 of them. They missed a few
>>> of my favorites, the Italian sandwich, the hot Italian beef sandwich and
>>> the Cuban sandwich. Did they have grilled cheese on there?
>>>
>>> You are right about the muffaletta, that pic was not right. I had one
>>> about 10 days ago.
>>>
>>> Becca

>> A real muffelata is a wonderful thing. I didn't see grilled cheese or
>> the other ones you mentioned, though I'm unclear of your definition of
>> italian sandwich. The hard, almost inedible roll with a paper thin
>> slice of proscuitto like you find most of the time in italy? There
>> was a caprese.
>>

> The Italian sandwich I'm thinking of, is a hoagie (submarine sandwich)
> made on crusty bread. It has provolone, prosciutto, capicola, peppered
> ham, Genoa salami, peppers, onions, tomatoes, black olives, olive oil &
> vinegar, oregano. I am probably forgetting something, but just thinking
> about it makes my mouth water. I have made them at home, using whatever
> meats I can find here in the south, and I used Italian dressing. I
> discovered that Publix supermarket makes a good Italian sandwich. I
> bought one and took it to the beach in Florida.
>
> Becca

all the sub places near me use a soft roll. it ****es me off.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 18:28:16 -0400, ravenlynne wrote:

> On 10/25/2010 4:39 PM, Default User wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>>> Maybe they were trying to eliminate the ones that everyone has eaten and
>>> trying to put into the spotlight lesser known ones?

>> Like the little-known Peanut Butter and Jelly?
>>

>> Brian

> I knew someone was going to bring that up. Crap.
>
> Still, I think they were trying to spotlight lesser known ones.

their PBJ looked pretty thin to me, like two pieces of white bread piled
together.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

BigBadBubba wrote:

> http://www.thesmartset.com/article/article10141001.aspx
>
> I think I've eaten about 15 of these. Time to get busy?
>
> But, there's so many other good sammiches out there, not on the list.
>
> Who makes these lists?

People who have too much free time on their hands....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 50 Sandwiches to Eat before you Die- attn:ravenlynne

In article >,
ravenlynne > wrote:

> On 10/25/2010 5:01 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > > wrote in message

> A new orleans shrimp poboy, with fresh french bread (haven't gotten
> anything like it anywhere else) or oysters, or catfish, or roast beef
> and gravy served "dressed" (lettuce, tomato, pickle and mayo, hot sauce
> and ketchup on the seafood) served with an ice cold beer is my favorite
> meal in the world. Heck, even the chip butty (french fries with roast
> beef gravy) po boy is great.

"ravenlynne"-
Where do you go for po'boys? I used to go to Uglisich's, Parasol's, and
Mother's, but , that was a while ago.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/26/2010 8:39 PM, Don Martinich wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:

>> A new orleans shrimp poboy, with fresh french bread (haven't gotten
>> anything like it anywhere else) or oysters, or catfish, or roast beef
>> and gravy served "dressed" (lettuce, tomato, pickle and mayo, hot sauce
>> and ketchup on the seafood) served with an ice cold beer is my favorite
>> meal in the world. Heck, even the chip butty (french fries with roast
>> beef gravy) po boy is great.

> "ravenlynne"-
> Where do you go for po'boys? I used to go to Uglisich's, Parasol's, and
> Mother's, but , that was a while ago.

Mothers, Short stop, and most recently, amazingly enough, Danny and Clyde's.

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 26, 12:05*pm, blake murphy > wrote:

> all the sub places near me use a soft roll. *it ****es me off.

What ****es me off is the stench of the rolls at the Subway inside the
Wal Mart. I know, I know, serves me right for shopping at Wal Mart.

Hey, it just occurred to me. Any authentic big city subway is going
to stink, right?

> your pal,
> blake

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/26/2010 7:39 PM, Don Martinich wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:

>> new orleans shrimp poboy, with fresh french bread (haven't gotten
>> anything like it anywhere else) or oysters, or catfish, or roast beef
>> and gravy served "dressed" (lettuce, tomato, pickle and mayo, hot sauce
>> and ketchup on the seafood) served with an ice cold beer is my favorite
>> meal in the world. Heck, even the chip butty (french fries with roast
>> beef gravy) po boy is great.

> "ravenlynne"-
> Where do you go for po'boys? I used to go to Uglisich's, Parasol's, and
> Mother's, but , that was a while ago.

My favorites are Acme Oyster House, Felix's, Parasol's, Maspero's. I
liked Luigi's, but we lost them in Katrina.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ema Nymton" > wrote in message
> On 10/26/2010 7:39 PM, Don Martinich wrote:
>> In >,
>> > wrote:

>>> new orleans shrimp poboy, with fresh french bread (haven't gotten
>>> anything like it anywhere else) or oysters, or catfish, or roast beef
>>> and gravy served "dressed" (lettuce, tomato, pickle and mayo, hot sauce
>>> and ketchup on the seafood) served with an ice cold beer is my favorite
>>> meal in the world. Heck, even the chip butty (french fries with roast
>>> beef gravy) po boy is great.

>> "ravenlynne"-
>> Where do you go for po'boys? I used to go to Uglisich's, Parasol's, and
>> Mother's, but , that was a while ago.

> My favorites are Acme Oyster House, Felix's, Parasol's, Maspero's. I
> liked Luigi's, but we lost them in Katrina.

Please will someone explain 'poboy' for a mystified Brit?

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Ophelia" > wrote:

>> > My favorites are Acme Oyster House, Felix's, Parasol's, Maspero's. I
>> > liked Luigi's, but we lost them in Katrina.

>> Please will someone explain 'poboy' for a mystified Brit?
>>
>> --

> Try he
>
> <http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/cat...ich-Recipes.ht
> ml>

OK thanks. So it's a sandwich.. but why po'boy? Is it a contraction of
'poor boy'? If so.. why?

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> OK thanks. So it's a sandwich.. but why po'boy? Is it a contraction of
> 'poor boy'? If so.. why?

It's made from foods that were gathered by hand from the wild. Long
enough ago such foods cost only labor and what the poor had in abundance
was labor hours.

As labor became more expensive over the decades and as wild foods became
more rare, the name gradually switched from an observation of current
status to an obscure historical reference to the days of low population
densities.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/27/2010 9:39 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> Please will someone explain 'poboy' for a mystified Brit?

It looks like a submarine sandwich, but here in Louisiana they serve
them on French bread.

http://www.poboyexpress.com/menu/foo...rimp_poboy.jpg

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ema Nymton" > wrote in message
> On 10/27/2010 9:39 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> Please will someone explain 'poboy' for a mystified Brit?
>>

> It looks like a submarine sandwich, but here in Louisiana they serve them
> on French bread.
>
> http://www.poboyexpress.com/menu/foo...rimp_poboy.jpg

Ok thanks, Becca.

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doug Freyburger" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> OK thanks. So it's a sandwich.. but why po'boy? Is it a contraction of
>> 'poor boy'? If so.. why?

> It's made from foods that were gathered by hand from the wild. Long
> enough ago such foods cost only labor and what the poor had in abundance
> was labor hours.
>
> As labor became more expensive over the decades and as wild foods became
> more rare, the name gradually switched from an observation of current
> status to an obscure historical reference to the days of low population
> densities.

Thanks, Doug! Interesting! It doesn't seem to affect the luxuriousness of
the sandwich
now though)
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
5.247...
> On Wed 27 Oct 2010 08:46:39a, Ophelia told us...
>> OK thanks. So it's a sandwich.. but why po'boy? Is it a
>> contraction of 'poor boy'? If so.. why?
>>

> Yes, it's a contraction of "poor boy". I don't know why...before my
> time.

Ok thanks.

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/27/2010 12:45 PM, Doug Freyburger wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> OK thanks. So it's a sandwich.. but why po'boy? Is it a contraction of
>> 'poor boy'? If so.. why?

> It's made from foods that were gathered by hand from the wild. Long
> enough ago such foods cost only labor and what the poor had in abundance
> was labor hours.
>
> As labor became more expensive over the decades and as wild foods became
> more rare, the name gradually switched from an observation of current
> status to an obscure historical reference to the days of low population
> densities.

Exactly.

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/27/2010 12:59 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Doug Freyburger" > wrote in message
>> Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> OK thanks. So it's a sandwich.. but why po'boy? Is it a contraction of
>>> 'poor boy'? If so.. why?

>> It's made from foods that were gathered by hand from the wild. Long
>> enough ago such foods cost only labor and what the poor had in abundance
>> was labor hours.
>>
>> As labor became more expensive over the decades and as wild foods became
>> more rare, the name gradually switched from an observation of current
>> status to an obscure historical reference to the days of low population
>> densities.

> Thanks, Doug! Interesting! It doesn't seem to affect the luxuriousness
> of the sandwich
> now though)

Well, for a while shrimp were cheap cheap cheap in New Orleans...I could
get a footlong fried shrimp for less than 5 dollars. And that would be
LOADED with shrimp...so many shrimp they'd be falling off everywhere,
leaving a yummy pile to eat after the sandwich is done. Put that in
your pipe and smoke it, Subway!

--
Currently reading: The Good House by Tannarive Due
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ravenlynne" > wrote in message
> On 10/27/2010 12:59 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> It's made from foods that were gathered by hand from the wild. Long
>>> enough ago such foods cost only labor and what the poor had in abundance
>>> was labor hours.
>>>
>>> As labor became more expensive over the decades and as wild foods became
>>> more rare, the name gradually switched from an observation of current
>>> status to an obscure historical reference to the days of low population
>>> densities.

>> Thanks, Doug! Interesting! It doesn't seem to affect the luxuriousness
>> of the sandwich
>> now though)

> Well, for a while shrimp were cheap cheap cheap in New Orleans...I could
> get a footlong fried shrimp for less than 5 dollars. And that would be
> LOADED with shrimp...so many shrimp they'd be falling off everywhere,
> leaving a yummy pile to eat after the sandwich is done. Put that in your
> pipe and smoke it, Subway!

lol I know.... it was the same in UK in days gone past --
--
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

tea and sandwiches? Ole Kvaal Tea 36 15-09-2019 10:15 AM
Sandwiches Dimitri General Cooking 86 19-03-2010 12:34 AM
Recipe: Beef Sandwiches - Knock-off of Damsel's Chicago Beef Sandwiches Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 1 08-07-2007 06:52 PM
Ham Pan Sandwiches Sharon[_3_] Recipes (moderated) 0 11-02-2007 12:52 PM
Ice Cream Sandwiches Duckie ® Recipes 0 19-07-2005 11:21 PM