Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default prepare to clutch your pearls, cocktail purists!

(photo caption)

The Sav U'R Cereal cocktail is garnished with two of its primary
ingredients: Cap'n Crunch and a Crunch Berry. (Hipstamatic photo by Fritz
Hahn - The Washington Post)

It's not often that a cocktail makes me reminisce about being 10 years old
and watching Saturday morning cartoons, but the Sav U'R Cereal is not your
ordinary mixed drink. The primary ingredient in this fall-flavored beverage
-- the latest creation from PS 7's inventive mixologist Gina Chersevani --
is "cereal milk."

Remember when you were little and you'd finish a bowl of Lucky Charms or
Trix and you couldn't wait to slurp down the leftover milk in the bottom of
the bowl? That's what this adult beverage tastes like, but it's enhanced
with Old Overholt rye bourbon and a bit of St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram. My
favorite part may be the garnish: two pieces of Cap'n Crunch and a Crunch
Berry.

(more, with photo, at:

<http://voices.washingtonpost.com/goingoutgurus/2010/10/something_for_the_weekend_a_co.html>
)

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 24, 9:22*am, blake murphy > wrote:
> (photo caption)
>
> The Sav U'R Cereal cocktail is garnished with two of its primary
> ingredients: Cap'n Crunch and a Crunch Berry. (Hipstamatic photo by Fritz
> Hahn - The Washington Post)
>
> It's not often that a cocktail makes me reminisce about being 10 years old
> and watching Saturday morning cartoons, but the Sav U'R Cereal is not your
> ordinary mixed drink. The primary ingredient in this fall-flavored beverage
> -- the latest creation from PS 7's inventive mixologist Gina Chersevani --
> is "cereal milk."
>
> Remember when you were little and you'd finish a bowl of Lucky Charms or
> Trix and you couldn't wait to slurp down the leftover milk in the bottom of
> the bowl? That's what this adult beverage tastes like, but it's enhanced
> with Old Overholt rye bourbon and a bit of St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram. My
> favorite part may be the garnish: two pieces of Cap'n Crunch and a Crunch
> Berry.

I still love cereal milk from some of the Kashi cereals and from
raisin bran, but not mixed with liquor.

> your pal,
> blake

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 0>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> On Sun 24 Oct 2010 07:22:27a, blake murphy told us...
>
> > (photo caption)
> >
> > The Sav U'R Cereal cocktail is garnished with two of its primary
> > ingredients: Cap'n Crunch and a Crunch Berry. (Hipstamatic photo
> > by Fritz Hahn - The Washington Post)

> > bit of St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram. My favorite part may be the
> > garnish: two pieces of Cap'n Crunch and a Crunch Berry.
> >
> > (more, with photo, at:
> >
> > <http://voices.washingtonpost.com/goi...10/something_f
> > or_the_weekend_a_co.html> )

> At least they didn't try to call it a Martini! :-)

No?

thinking...thinking...thinking...aha!

a crunchtini!
martini ala crunch!
martini crunch!

vote early and often for your favorites!

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> In article 0>,
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> On Sun 24 Oct 2010 07:22:27a, blake murphy told us...
>>
>> > (photo caption)
>> >
>> > The Sav U'R Cereal cocktail is garnished with two of its primary
>> > ingredients: Cap'n Crunch and a Crunch Berry. (Hipstamatic photo
>> > by Fritz Hahn - The Washington Post)

>> > bit of St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram. My favorite part may be the
>> > garnish: two pieces of Cap'n Crunch and a Crunch Berry.
>> >
>> > (more, with photo, at:
>> >
>> > <http://voices.washingtonpost.com/goi...10/something_f
>> > or_the_weekend_a_co.html> )

>> At least they didn't try to call it a Martini! :-)

> No?
>
> thinking...thinking...thinking...aha!
>
> a crunchtini!
> martini ala crunch!
> martini crunch!

Crunch Berrytini

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 15:36:40 GMT, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Sun 24 Oct 2010 07:22:27a, blake murphy told us...
>
>> (photo caption)
>>
>> The Sav U'R Cereal cocktail is garnished with two of its primary
>> ingredients: Cap'n Crunch and a Crunch Berry. (Hipstamatic photo
>> by Fritz Hahn - The Washington Post)
>>
>> It's not often that a cocktail makes me reminisce about being 10
>> years old and watching Saturday morning cartoons, but the Sav U'R
>> Cereal is not your ordinary mixed drink. The primary ingredient in
>> this fall-flavored beverage -- the latest creation from PS 7's
>> inventive mixologist Gina Chersevani -- is "cereal milk."
>>
>> Remember when you were little and you'd finish a bowl of Lucky
>> Charms or Trix and you couldn't wait to slurp down the leftover
>> milk in the bottom of the bowl? That's what this adult beverage
>> tastes like, but it's enhanced with Old Overholt rye bourbon and a
>> bit of St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram. My favorite part may be the
>> garnish: two pieces of Cap'n Crunch and a Crunch Berry.
>>
>> (more, with photo, at:
>>
>> <http://voices.washingtonpost.com/goi...10/something_f
>> or_the_weekend_a_co.html> )
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake
>>

> At least they didn't try to call it a Martini! :-)

i was also thinking along those lines.

when i read the article the second time, the price jumped out at me:
twelve dollars!

your pal,
blake