Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Holiday gifts from the kitchen

After reading the thread here, I just received the new Yankee Magazine
that has an article with recipes for food gifts. I won't type all the
recipes, you can buy the magazine of you want them, but here's an index:

Cranberry-Pistachio Biscotti

Tarragon-Shallot Vinegar

Rosemary-Garlic Croutons

Chocolate Truffles

Hot Chocolate Mix with Marshmallows
Homemade Mini Marshmallows

Maple Granola

Orange Marmalade

Lemon Curd

Julie Sahini's Cranberry Chutney

Poupon Mustard

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gloria.p" > wrote in -
september.org:

> After reading the thread here, I just received the new Yankee Magazine
> that has an article with recipes for food gifts. I won't type all the
> recipes, you can buy the magazine of you want them, but here's an index:
>

> Chocolate Truffles

That reminds me........ about 3 years ago (IIRC) I did a whole bunch of
different tasting Truffles. Might have to resurrect all the recipes and do
it again.

> Lemon Curd

Hmmmmmmmmm, quite a few people I know like lemony things, and I was just
thinking that I could use the lemon mix I use for the Lemon Tart I make.,
and just put it in a jar instead of a pastry case....... Hmmmmmmmmm.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/16046/lemon+tart

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart

If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming..If
you want to experience the element, get out of the vehicle !
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/22/2010 05:51 PM, gloria.p wrote:

> After reading the thread here, I just received the new Yankee Magazine
> that has an article with recipes for food gifts. I won't type all the
> recipes, you can buy the magazine of you want them, but here's an index:
>

> Cranberry-Pistachio Biscotti
>
> Tarragon-Shallot Vinegar
>
> Rosemary-Garlic Croutons
>
> Chocolate Truffles
>
> Hot Chocolate Mix with Marshmallows
> Homemade Mini Marshmallows
>
> Maple Granola
>
> Orange Marmalade
>
> Lemon Curd
>
> Julie Sahini's Cranberry Chutney
>
> Poupon Mustard

Thanks! I have to say that when Charlotte brings over truffles and/or
lemon curd, it's always appreciated. :-)

Serene

--
http://www.momfoodproject.com
New post: Creamed Chipped Beef (no shingle)
Member

Location: In a small rural town with my sweetheart.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria.p View Post
After reading the thread here, I just received the new Yankee Magazine
that has an article with recipes for food gifts. I won't type all the
recipes, you can buy the magazine of you want them, but here's an index:

Cranberry-Pistachio Biscotti

Tarragon-Shallot Vinegar

Rosemary-Garlic Croutons

Chocolate Truffles

Hot Chocolate Mix with Marshmallows
Homemade Mini Marshmallows

Maple Granola

Orange Marmalade

Lemon Curd

Julie Sahini's Cranberry Chutney

Poupon Mustard

gloria p

Hi Gloria,

I have often made food gifts for holidays and birthdays. I think this year I'm going to do gifts in jars. Cookies, bean soups and such.

NanaJenn
__________________
NanaJenn

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." - Virginia Woolf

http://www.holiday-recipes-collection.com/
Member

Great recipes. I appreciate the kind of sharing those mentioned stuff of ideas here . Nothing makes a gift more personal than taking the time to choose something suited specifically for the recipient. What could be more pleasing to show your sentiment than a gift from the kitchen? Your kitchen gift doesn't necessarily have to be a huge time investment. Thanks for the great idea.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 22, 8:51*pm, Aussie >
wrote:
> "gloria.p" > wrote -
> september.org:
>

> > After reading the thread here, I just received the new Yankee Magazine
> > that has an article with recipes for food gifts. *I won't type all the
> > recipes, you can buy the magazine of you want them, but here's an index:

> > Chocolate Truffles

> That reminds me........ about 3 years ago (IIRC) I did a whole bunch of
> different tasting Truffles. Might have to resurrect all the recipes and do
> it again.
>

> > Lemon Curd

> Hmmmmmmmmm, quite a few people I know like lemony things, and I was just
> thinking that I could use the lemon mix I use for the Lemon Tart I make.,
> and just put it in a jar instead of a pastry case....... Hmmmmmmmmm.
>
> http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/16046/lemon+tart
>
> --
> Peter Lucas * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> Hobart
> Tasmania

The lemon curd/tart filling should be refrigerated, no? (Along with
some other items on the OP's list.)

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 > wrote in news:2759fa5f-8c3a-447f-acd2-
:

@news.eternal-
>> september.org:
>>

>> > After reading the thread here, I just received the new Yankee

Magazine
>> > that has an article with recipes for food gifts. *I won't type all th

>> > recipes, you can buy the magazine of you want them, but here's an

>:
>>
>> > Chocolate Truffles

>> That reminds me........ about 3 years ago (IIRC) I did a whole bunch of
>> different tasting Truffles. Might have to resurrect all the recipes and

>> it again.
>>

>> > Lemon Curd

>> Hmmmmmmmmm, quite a few people I know like lemony things, and I was

just
>> thinking that I could use the lemon mix I use for the Lemon Tart I

make.,
>> and just put it in a jar instead of a pastry case....... Hmmmmmmmmm.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/16046/lemon+tart

> The lemon curd/tart filling should be refrigerated, no? (Along with
> some other items on the OP's list.)

The tart with its filling *should* be refrigerated, but can survive for
quite some time outside the fridge.

The curd in a jar .... samesame. The jarred stuff will keep for up to a
month (or more) in the fridge.

As for the other items, the truffles definitely need a fridge, especially
if it's warm, as it is during our Christmas.