FoodBanter.com

-   -   Tom "Happy Days" Bosley Passes (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/401522-tom-happy-days-bosley.html)

Brooklyn1 20-10-2010 12:24 AM

Tom "Happy Days" Bosley Passes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Bosley

itsjoannotjoann 20-10-2010 04:54 AM

Tom "Happy Days" Bosley Passes

On Oct 19, 6:24*pm, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Bosley

Yes, and June Cleaver, aka Barbara Billingsley, left us this past
Friday if memory serves me correctly. Age 94.

PL away from home 20-10-2010 06:11 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_in_2010

Nancy Young[_2_] 20-10-2010 02:55 PM

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 19:24:43 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Bosley

> Good. No more of those damn Specialty Merchandise Infomercials.

I hate when celebrities use their perceived trustworthiness into
convincing people to sink their retirement funds into questionable
schemes. Ick.

nancy

jmcquown[_2_] 20-10-2010 03:06 PM

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 19:24:43 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Bosley

>> Good. No more of those damn Specialty Merchandise Infomercials.

> I hate when celebrities use their perceived trustworthiness into
> convincing people to sink their retirement funds into questionable
> schemes. Ick.
> nancy

Have a little respect for the dead. Obviously he couldn't get a job outside
of Happy Days. (kidding!) He could have wound up selling Amway for all I
care.

Jill

Nancy Young[_2_] 20-10-2010 03:21 PM

jmcquown wrote:
> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Good. No more of those damn Specialty Merchandise Infomercials.

>> I hate when celebrities use their perceived trustworthiness into
>> convincing people to sink their retirement funds into questionable
>> schemes. Ick.

> Have a little respect for the dead. Obviously he couldn't get a job
> outside of Happy Days. (kidding!) He could have wound up selling
> Amway for all I care.

I don't care about Amway except for their sort of sneaky practices
of the past. I think they're more open now from their commercials.
Whatever. But inviting retirees to buy thousands of dollars worth of
junk to sell crosses the line for me and I wish he would not have done
those ads.

nancy

Bryan[_6_] 21-10-2010 12:23 PM

On Oct 21, 5:18*am, Omelet > wrote:
> Who gives a rats ass??? Did he cook?

I like the Happy Days theme song.

The second half of this youtube version is pretty cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjJZudJ3xos

> --
> Peace! Om

--Bryan