Old 19-10-2010, 03:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Any Krispy kreme donut addicts here....?

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelli...y_kreme09.html

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 19-10-2010, 07:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

--
--https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

I even hate the name. Something about those Ks. Phony sounding.
Old 19-10-2010, 07:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:08:21 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
wrote:

On Oct 19, 10:02*am, "Ophelia" wrote:
http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelli...y_kreme09.html

--
--https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

I even hate the name. Something about those Ks. Phony sounding.

K, K, Kalmia? LOL-LOL
Old 19-10-2010, 09:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 20/10/2010 5:08 AM, Kalmia wrote:
On Oct 19, 10:02 am, wrote:
http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelli...y_kreme09.html

--
--https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

I even hate the name. Something about those Ks. Phony sounding.

As phony as the "Kreme" I daresay!

Krypsis

Old 19-10-2010, 09:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 19/10/2010 2:08 PM, Kalmia wrote:
On Oct 19, 10:02 am, wrote:
http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelli...y_kreme09.html

--
--https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

I even hate the name. Something about those Ks. Phony sounding.

I had them a couple times. Not impressed. They made a big deal about
opening their first outlet up here and I guess they thought they were
going to take a big share of Tim Hortons business. That was more than
10 years ago. According to their web site they still have only one store
in Ontario and two in Quebec.

Old 19-10-2010, 10:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-10-19, Dave Smith wrote:

I had them a couple times. Not impressed.

Actually, they suck! If what you want is a lotta suger mixed into
a lotta grease, they deliver. If you actually want to taste a good
doughnut, look elsewhere.

nb
Old 19-10-2010, 10:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-10-19, Dave Smith wrote:

I had them a couple times. Not impressed.

Actually, they suck! If what you want is a lotta suger mixed into
a lotta grease, they deliver. If you actually want to taste a good
doughnut, look elsewhere.

nb

KK's are the most overrated doughnut of all time. Too sweet, too
much fat. The stores didn't last long here. Dunkin' Donuts is more
popular in this area.

Old 19-10-2010, 11:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"Ophelia" wrote:

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelli...y_kreme09.html

--

We never saw what all the fuss was about when we lived in NC. When
they're warm, they're okay. When they're cold, bleah! Top Pot and

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Old 19-10-2010, 11:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 19, 3:12*pm, Cindy Fuller

*"Ophelia" wrote:
http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelli...y_kreme09.html

--

We never saw what all the fuss was about when we lived in NC. *When
they're warm, they're okay. *When they're cold, bleah! *Top Pot and
Daily Dozen do much more business than the Krispy Kreme in Seattle, and
sell a better product.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me

Have you ever been to Connie's Donuts in Tacoma? I'm not a big donut
fan, but theirs are great!
Old 19-10-2010, 11:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Fuller" wrote in message
"Ophelia" wrote:

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelli...y_kreme09.html

--

We never saw what all the fuss was about when we lived in NC. When
they're warm, they're okay. When they're cold, bleah! Top Pot and
Daily Dozen do much more business than the Krispy Kreme in Seattle, and
sell a better product.

I only ever had a cold one. Or I should say a tiny bite of a cold one. It
was just nasty. I should add that I am not a donut lover to begin with.
They came into CA where we were living shortly before we moved. My dad
bought a big box of them, thinking the movers would want some. They didn't.
Nobody else did either.

Old 19-10-2010, 11:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"l, not -l" wrote in message

On 19-Oct-2010, "Dora" wrote:

KK's are the most overrated doughnut of all time. Too sweet, too
much fat. The stores didn't last long here. Dunkin' Donuts is more
popular in this area.

A few years back, during the height of the Krispy Kreme kraze, Winchells
and
Dunkin' Donuts both exited the St. Louis market. Since then, the number
of
KKs has dwindled and, very recently, Dunkin' has returned. We are very
fortunate to have quite a few non-chain donut shops throughout the
metropolitan area and all the ones I have tried make better donuts than
the
chains. I haven't had a really good chain-store donut since the original
Dixie Cream shops folded many years ago.

We have a place here called Frosting. Or maybe it's Frostings. I think it
is a chain. I didn't think they would do well at all because they are in an
area where health food is big. But oddly enough they always seem very busy.
I haven't been in so am not sure what all they have in there.

Old 20-10-2010, 12:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 19, 3:58*pm, "Julie Bove" wrote:
"l, not -l" wrote in ...

On 19-Oct-2010, "Dora" wrote:

[...]

Even health food addicts have a sweet tooth.
Old 20-10-2010, 12:06 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 19-Oct-2010, "Dora" wrote:

[...]

---
Maybe some do. I've never wanted a donut though.

Old 20-10-2010, 12:12 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

I only ever had a cold one. Or I should say a tiny bite of a cold one. It
was just nasty. I should add that I am not a donut lover to begin with.
They came into CA where we were living shortly before we moved. My dad
bought a big box of them, thinking the movers would want some. They didn't.
Nobody else did either.

A cold KK donut is *nothing* like a fresh hot one. I'm not a big donut
eater myself but once in a blue moon a hot fresh one is sublime.
Old 20-10-2010, 12:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-10-19, Dave Smith wrote:

I had them a couple times. Not impressed.

Actually, they suck! If what you want is a lotta suger mixed into
a lotta grease, they deliver. If you actually want to taste a good
doughnut, look elsewhere.

nb

KK's are the most overrated doughnut of all time. Too sweet, too much
fat. The stores didn't last long here. Dunkin' Donuts is more popular in
this area.

mmm munchkins.

I'll never turn down a krispy kreme though. especially fresh out of the
fat vat.

--
Currently reading: Star Trek TOS #2 The Entropy Effect by vonda macintyre