FoodBanter.com

-   -   my new favorite beverage - pineapple ginger ale (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/401374-my-new-favorite-beverage.html)

Kate Connally[_2_] 14-10-2010 10:00 PM

my new favorite beverage - pineapple ginger ale

I have often made something like this in the past.
I buy some sort of canned fruit for whatever use at
the moment. I only need the fruit so I save the juice
and I put some in my ginger ale. It is delicious. I
usually do this with canned pineapple juice or mandarin
orange juice, but it would be good with just about any
fruit juice left over from canned fruits. Preferably
the ones canned in their own juice, not the ones canned
in syrup.

So, the other day I needed pineapple and saved the juice to
mixed with my ginger ale. It was so good I thought why don't
I do this all the time. But since I rarely buy canned fruit
I'll just buy pineapple juice.

I found some Dole in the refrigerator section with the
orange juice, etc. I got a half gallon carton. I've been
drinking this combo all week. It is SO good!!!!

I use about 6 oz. pineapple to 12 oz. ginger ale, but I don't
really measure, I just eyeball it. I like Seagram's the best
of the regular ginger ales. But I also tried it with Vernor's.
It was good but the pineapple taste was lost in the strong
Vernor's. Anyway, you need a nice fizzy ginger ale like
Seagram's or Schweppes. Canada dry tends to be too flat
to work well.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Brooklyn1 14-10-2010 10:10 PM

my new favorite beverage - pineapple ginger ale

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 17:00:14 -0400, Kate Connally
> wrote:

>I have often made something like this in the past.
>I buy some sort of canned fruit for whatever use at
>the moment. I only need the fruit so I save the juice
>and I put some in my ginger ale. It is delicious. I
>usually do this with canned pineapple juice or mandarin
>orange juice, but it would be good with just about any
>fruit juice left over from canned fruits. Preferably
>the ones canned in their own juice, not the ones canned
>in syrup.
>
>So, the other day I needed pineapple and saved the juice to
>mixed with my ginger ale. It was so good I thought why don't
>I do this all the time. But since I rarely buy canned fruit
>I'll just buy pineapple juice.
>
>I found some Dole in the refrigerator section with the
>orange juice, etc. I got a half gallon carton. I've been
>drinking this combo all week. It is SO good!!!!
>
>I use about 6 oz. pineapple to 12 oz. ginger ale, but I don't
>really measure, I just eyeball it. I like Seagram's the best
>of the regular ginger ales. But I also tried it with Vernor's.
>It was good but the pineapple taste was lost in the strong
>Vernor's. Anyway, you need a nice fizzy ginger ale like
>Seagram's or Schweppes. Canada dry tends to be too flat
>to work well.

Would be much better with vodka. ;)

sf[_9_] 14-10-2010 10:15 PM

my new favorite beverage - pineapple ginger ale

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 17:00:14 -0400, Kate Connally
> wrote:

> I use about 6 oz. pineapple to 12 oz. ginger ale, but I don't
> really measure, I just eyeball it. I like Seagram's the best
> of the regular ginger ales. But I also tried it with Vernor's.
> It was good but the pineapple taste was lost in the strong
> Vernor's. Anyway, you need a nice fizzy ginger ale like
> Seagram's or Schweppes. Canada dry tends to be too flat
> to work well.

You must be the rfc ginger ale connoisseur!

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

Default User 14-10-2010 10:54 PM

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 17:00:14 -0400, Kate Connally
> > wrote:
>
>> I use about 6 oz. pineapple to 12 oz. ginger ale, but I don't
>> really measure, I just eyeball it. I like Seagram's the best
>> of the regular ginger ales. But I also tried it with Vernor's.
>> It was good but the pineapple taste was lost in the strong
>> Vernor's. Anyway, you need a nice fizzy ginger ale like
>> Seagram's or Schweppes. Canada dry tends to be too flat
>> to work well.

> You must be the rfc ginger ale connoisseur!

I thought that was Steve. Doesn't he make his own?

Brian
--
Day 617 of the "no grouchy usenet posts" project.

Dimitri 14-10-2010 11:14 PM

"Kate Connally" > wrote in message
>I have often made something like this in the past.
> I buy some sort of canned fruit for whatever use at
> the moment. I only need the fruit so I save the juice
> and I put some in my ginger ale. It is delicious. I
> usually do this with canned pineapple juice or mandarin
> orange juice, but it would be good with just about any
> fruit juice left over from canned fruits. Preferably
> the ones canned in their own juice, not the ones canned
> in syrup.
>
> So, the other day I needed pineapple and saved the juice to
> mixed with my ginger ale. It was so good I thought why don't
> I do this all the time. But since I rarely buy canned fruit
> I'll just buy pineapple juice.
>
> I found some Dole in the refrigerator section with the
> orange juice, etc. I got a half gallon carton. I've been
> drinking this combo all week. It is SO good!!!!
>
> I use about 6 oz. pineapple to 12 oz. ginger ale, but I don't
> really measure, I just eyeball it. I like Seagram's the best
> of the regular ginger ales. But I also tried it with Vernor's.
> It was good but the pineapple taste was lost in the strong
> Vernor's. Anyway, you need a nice fizzy ginger ale like
> Seagram's or Schweppes. Canada dry tends to be too flat
> to work well.
>
> Kate

Nice - My # 1 refresher is 50-50 mix of OJ & club soda.

Dimitri

Goomba[_2_] 26-10-2010 04:38 PM

Nancy2 wrote:

> I'm currently using up orange juice purchased for a company brunch, by
> drinking it mixed half and half with Diet 7-Up. It's pretty darn
> good.
>
> N.

I had a carton of store brand light orange juice that I dislike. SO
purchased it forgetting I find that brand to be a bit funky. Not wanting
to waste it, I found mixing Malibu Coconut Rum or Limoncello in it
solved that little "off taste" problem nicely :)

Nancy2 26-10-2010 07:48 PM

On Oct 26, 10:38*am, Goomba > wrote:
> Nancy2 wrote:
> > I'm currently using up orange juice purchased for a company brunch, by
> > drinking it mixed half and half with Diet 7-Up. *It's pretty darn
> > good.

> > N.

> I had a carton of store brand light orange juice that I dislike. SO
> purchased it forgetting I find that brand to be a bit funky. Not wanting
> to waste it, I found mixing Malibu Coconut Rum or Limoncello in it
> solved that little "off taste" problem nicely :)

....or more to the point, you probably didn't care. LOL. ;-)

N.

gloria.p 26-10-2010 09:30 PM

Goomba wrote:
> Nancy2 wrote:
>
>> I'm currently using up orange juice purchased for a company brunch, by
>> drinking it mixed half and half with Diet 7-Up. It's pretty darn
>> good.
>>
>> N.

> I had a carton of store brand light orange juice that I dislike. SO
> purchased it forgetting I find that brand to be a bit funky. Not wanting
> to waste it, I found mixing Malibu Coconut Rum or Limoncello in it
> solved that little "off taste" problem nicely :)

If it happens again, try mixing with peach schnapps.

gloria p

Brooklyn1 26-10-2010 09:55 PM

"gloria.p" wrote:
>Goomba wrote:
>> Nancy2 wrote:
>>
>>> I'm currently using up orange juice purchased for a company brunch, by
>>> drinking it mixed half and half with Diet 7-Up. It's pretty darn
>>> good.
>>>
>>> N.

>> I had a carton of store brand light orange juice that I dislike. SO
>> purchased it forgetting I find that brand to be a bit funky. Not wanting
>> to waste it, I found mixing Malibu Coconut Rum or Limoncello in it
>> solved that little "off taste" problem nicely :)

>If it happens again, try mixing with peach schnapps.

This great on its own:
http://www.tropicana.com/mobile/prod...m?productID=60

sf[_9_] 27-10-2010 12:40 AM

my new favorite beverage - pineapple ginger ale

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 14:30:06 -0600, "gloria.p" >
wrote:

> Goomba wrote:
> > Nancy2 wrote:
> >
> >> I'm currently using up orange juice purchased for a company brunch, by
> >> drinking it mixed half and half with Diet 7-Up. It's pretty darn
> >> good.
> >>
> >> N.

> > I had a carton of store brand light orange juice that I dislike. SO
> > purchased it forgetting I find that brand to be a bit funky. Not wanting
> > to waste it, I found mixing Malibu Coconut Rum or Limoncello in it
> > solved that little "off taste" problem nicely :)

> If it happens again, try mixing with peach schnapps.

Or vodka - or champagne if she wants to get fancy. :)

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.