Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Grilled Cheese

"Aussie" > wrote in message
5...
> Dan Abel > wrote in news:dabel-802871.21494714102010@c-61-
> 68-245-199.per.connect.net.au:
>
>> In article >,
>> Lou Decruss > wrote:
>>
>>> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
>>> hopefully this isn't a repeat. I want the Nantucket. Which one would
>>> be your first choice?
>>>
>>> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/

>> My son had a grilled cheese for lunch yesterday:
>>
>> http://www.thegirlandthefig.com/
>>
>> croques monsieur
>> Niman Ranch jambon & St. George cheese. 12.50
>>
>> [US dollars]
>>

> That's one expensive grilled cheese sandwich!!
>

> I used to do wholemeal bread (toasted) topped with sliced onions, then the
> cheese, grill under the griller, and top with tomato sauce (ketchup).
>
> That was back in the late 70's.
>
> I haven't had them since :-)

Of course not. Nowadays it's all about dick cheese with you, ain't it Lucas?
Oh, when do you plan to **** off permanently to 'Canadia', pray tell?

--
Opto

> --
> Peter Lucas
> Hobart
> Tasmania
>
> The act of feeding someone is an act of beauty,
> whether it's a full Sunday roast or a jam sandwich,
> but only when done with love.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
> hopefully this isn't a repeat. I want the Nantucket. Which one would
> be your first choice?
>
> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/
>
> Lou

Grilled WHAT? Most of them have too much "other" for me. I'll stick with
cheese, mebbe a slice of ham or bacon.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
> hopefully this isn't a repeat. I want the Nantucket. Which one would
> be your first choice?

I'm kind a purist when it comes to the subject. Cheese, bread, butter. Nowt
else.

Brian
--
Day 617 of the "no grouchy usenet posts" project.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14/10/2010 2:28 PM, Lou Decruss wrote:
> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
> hopefully this isn't a repeat. I want the Nantucket. Which one would
> be your first choice?
>
> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/

Mmmm.. I would never have thought of that for a grilled cheese, but it
does look good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14/10/2010 3:29 PM, Felice wrote:
> "Lou > wrote in message
>> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
>> hopefully this isn't a repeat. I want the Nantucket. Which one would
>> be your first choice?
>>
>> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/
>>
>> Lou

> Grilled WHAT? Most of them have too much "other" for me. I'll stick with
> cheese, mebbe a slice of ham or bacon.

I like grilled cheese with thin slices of tomato and onion, or cheese
with sliced sweet pickles.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 14, 11:28*am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
> hopefully this isn't a repeat. *I want the Nantucket. *Which one would
> be your first choice?
>
> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/
>
> Lou

Wow...now I'm hungry. So many to chose from and make!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
> hopefully this isn't a repeat. I want the Nantucket. Which one would
> be your first choice?
>
> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/

Here's a grilled cheese.
http://consumerist.com/2010/06/frien...-arteries.html

1500 Calories
870 Fat Calories
79g Total Fat
38g Saturated Fat
180g Cholesterol
2090mg Sodium
101g Carbs
9g Dietary Fiber
4g Sugar
54g Protein

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Oct 14, 4:09*pm, Andy > wrote:
> ImStillMags > wrote:
> > On Oct 14, 3:58*pm, "Cheryl" > wrote:
> >> "Lou Decruss" > wrote in message

> . ..

> > uld

> >> Here's a grilled
> >> cheese.http://consumerist.com/2010/06/friendlys-grilled-

> > cheese-burger-melt-i...

> >> 1500 Calories
> >> 870 Fat Calories
> >> 79g Total Fat
> >> 38g Saturated Fat
> >> 180g Cholesterol
> >> 2090mg Sodium
> >> 101g Carbs
> >> 9g Dietary Fiber
> >> 4g Sugar
> >> 54g Protein

> > The best one of those comes from a burger truck, the Grill Em All that
> > won the Food Network truck contest.

> > The Behemoth

> I saw a few episodes of that show.
>
> I'd've been exhausted to be a contestant!!!
>
> I'll bet they were too!
>
> Andy- Hide quoted text -

I loved that show.....I really liked the Nom Nom girls but I was
rooting for the Grill Em All guys. The Nom Noms won all the trips and
goodies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
>Lou Decruss wrote:
>>
>> I want the Nantucket. Which one would be your first choice?
>>
>> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/

>Mmmm.. I would never have thought of that for a grilled cheese, but it
>does look good.

This makes the best grilled cheese:
http://toastiterecipes.com/how-to-buy-a-toas-tite/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 17:18:38 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 14/10/2010 3:29 PM, Felice wrote:
>> "Lou > wrote in message
>>> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
>>> hopefully this isn't a repeat. I want the Nantucket. Which one would
>>> be your first choice?
>>>
>>> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/
>>>
>>> Lou

>> Grilled WHAT? Most of them have too much "other" for me. I'll stick with
>> cheese, mebbe a slice of ham or bacon.
>>

>I like grilled cheese with thin slices of tomato and onion, or cheese
>with sliced sweet pickles.

Juicy is all the more reason you need:
http://toastiterecipes.com/how-to-buy-a-toas-tite/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 14, 4:18*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
> On 14/10/2010 3:29 PM, Felice wrote:
>
> > "Lou > *wrote in message
> .. .
> >> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
> >> hopefully this isn't a repeat. *I want the Nantucket. *Which one would
> >> be your first choice?

> >>http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/

> >> Lou

> > Grilled WHAT? Most of them have too much "other" for me. I'll stick with
> > cheese, mebbe a slice of ham or bacon.

> I like grilled cheese with thin slices of tomato and onion, or cheese
> with sliced sweet pickles.

I make mine on thick sourdough, lightly toasted then drizzled with
EVOO, thin cheddar, thin tomato slices, black pepper and garlic
powder, toast to warm tomatoes, then fresh chopped basil and more thin
cheddar, and toast:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...8309 84_n.jpg

NOM NOM NOM!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Oct 14, 6:15*pm, The Cheese Police > wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 15:29:24 -0400, Felice wrote:
> > "Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
> >> hopefully this isn't a repeat. *I want the Nantucket. *Which one would
> >> be your first choice?

> >>http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/

> >> Lou

> > Grilled WHAT? Most of them have too much "other" for me. I'll stick with
> > cheese, mebbe a slice of ham or bacon.

> Grilled cheese sandwiches may legally contain other ingredients as
> long as they are grilled inside the sandwich at the same time as the
> cheese. *It is illegal for grilled cheese sandwiches to be opened once
> they are grilled.
>
> All those sandwiches appear to be highly illegal grilled cheese
> sandwiches. *Not only that, I'm pretty sure they're not even real
> sandwiches, but rather very clever replicas of sandwiches made with
> shiny acrylic clay. *Gooey cheese is not going to freeze in place like
> that while you arrange all those toppings and get it all spruced up
> for the camera.
>
> Other Grilled Cheese laws have been violated in the making of those
> fake grilled cheese sandwiches, but there's already enough evidence of
> blatant disregard of the U.S. Cheese Code to put them away on Federal
> charges for a long time.
>
> -sw

You go CP !!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 14, 8:15*pm, The Cheese Police > wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 15:29:24 -0400, Felice wrote:
> > "Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
> >> hopefully this isn't a repeat. *I want the Nantucket. *Which one would
> >> be your first choice?

> >>http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/

> >> Lou

> > Grilled WHAT? Most of them have too much "other" for me. I'll stick with
> > cheese, mebbe a slice of ham or bacon.

> Grilled cheese sandwiches may legally contain other ingredients as
> long as they are grilled inside the sandwich at the same time as the
> cheese. *It is illegal for grilled cheese sandwiches to be opened once
> they are grilled.
>
> All those sandwiches appear to be highly illegal grilled cheese
> sandwiches. *Not only that, I'm pretty sure they're not even real
> sandwiches, but rather very clever replicas of sandwiches made with
> shiny acrylic clay. *Gooey cheese is not going to freeze in place like
> that while you arrange all those toppings and get it all spruced up
> for the camera.
>
> Other Grilled Cheese laws have been violated in the making of those
> fake grilled cheese sandwiches, but there's already enough evidence of
> blatant disregard of the U.S. Cheese Code to put them away on Federal
> charges for a long time.
>
> -sw

Mine was natural, real, and I took a photo of it just before devouring
it.

I miss it now! :-(

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Cheese Police" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:30:54 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:
>
>> Mine was natural, real, and I took a photo of it just before devouring
>> it.
>>
>> I miss it now! :-(
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> Yours was not a legal grilled cheese sandwich either. But you never
> actually called it a grilled cheese. Your's is a toasted cheese
> sandwich.
>
> Section 204R of the U.S. Cheese Code:
>
> Grilled cheese sandwiches must be GRILLED on a flat metal or ceramic
> surface reaching at least 273 degrees Fahrenheit and using a 70% fat
> content or better spread on the outside surface of the sandwich.
>
> Subparagraph a. (Rev 1066-2, 1962 3rd rev) Spread may be either animal
> fat or vegetable oil-based.
>
> Given the context of this and your previous post, we could probably
> build a formidable case against you. But we're not really after the
> little guys making these in their home kitchens an a small scale for
> personal use. We're after the commercial retail grilled cheese
> peddlers and marketers. Consider this a stern warning. We've put you
> on a list and we'll be watching not only you, but the other persons of
> interest who have participated in this thread.

Ok, but is a burger stuffed between two grilled cheese sandwiches legal or
part of some sub-section? Does a legal grilled cheese sandwich have to
stay within a certain kcal range?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 14, 2:28*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
> hopefully this isn't a repeat. *I want the Nantucket. *Which one would
> be your first choice?
>
> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/
>
> Lou

The Birchwood, minus the egg. I'm a purist when it comes to grilled
cheese.
Actually, I haven't had Brick cheese in many years. It is not sold in
New England.
I don't remember what it tastes like. I just remember liking it and
being told that's what it was.

Actually, my favorite grilled cheese sandwich is on rye bread, either
swiss or cheddar-jack, and after the sandwich is grilled, open it and
slide in thin slices of either apple or pear. I love contrast between
warm gooey cheese and cool crisp apple.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Lou Decruss > wrote:

> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
> hopefully this isn't a repeat. I want the Nantucket. Which one would
> be your first choice?
>
> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/

My son had a grilled cheese for lunch yesterday:

http://www.thegirlandthefig.com/

croques monsieur
Niman Ranch jambon & St. George cheese. 12.50

[US dollars]

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel > wrote in news:dabel-802871.21494714102010@c-61-
68-245-199.per.connect.net.au:

> In article >,
> Lou Decruss > wrote:
>
>> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
>> hopefully this isn't a repeat. I want the Nantucket. Which one would
>> be your first choice?
>>
>> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/

> My son had a grilled cheese for lunch yesterday:
>
> http://www.thegirlandthefig.com/
>
> croques monsieur
> Niman Ranch jambon & St. George cheese. 12.50
>
> [US dollars]

That's one expensive grilled cheese sandwich!!

I used to do wholemeal bread (toasted) topped with sliced onions, then the
cheese, grill under the griller, and top with tomato sauce (ketchup).

That was back in the late 70's.

I haven't had them since :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart
Tasmania

The act of feeding someone is an act of beauty,
whether it's a full Sunday roast or a jam sandwich,
but only when done with love.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 14, 2:28*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
> hopefully this isn't a repeat. *I want the Nantucket. *Which one would
> be your first choice?
>
> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/
>
> Lou

Sorry, man, that site was too annoying. Here's what I like:

Kraft medium cheddar on white with thinly sliced onion,
jalapeno, and tomato. I do mine in the toaster oven
so that I can justify putting on a little mayo. Salt
and pepper.

If I really do grilled cheese, then it's Kraft medium cheddar
on white. Homemade tomato soup on the side.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 14, 3:54*pm, "Default User" > wrote:
> "Lou Decruss" > wrote in message

> > I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
> > hopefully this isn't a repeat. *I want the Nantucket. *Which one would
> > be your first choice?

> I'm kind a purist when it comes to the subject. Cheese, bread, butter. Nowt
> else.
>
> Brian

High five!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 15, 9:10*am, Cindy Hamilton >
wrote:
> On Oct 14, 2:28*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>
> > I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
> > hopefully this isn't a repeat. *I want the Nantucket. *Which one would
> > be your first choice?

> >http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/

> > Lou

> Sorry, man, that site was too annoying. *Here's what I like:
>
> Kraft medium cheddar on white with thinly sliced onion,
> jalapeno, and tomato. *I do mine in the toaster oven
> so that I can justify putting on a little mayo. *Salt
> and pepper.
>
> If I really do grilled cheese, then it's Kraft medium cheddar
> on white. *Homemade tomato soup on the side.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I agree on both counts: site was annoying and grilled cheddar on white
with homemade tomato soup ROCKS!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 14:03:47 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 13:28:46 -0500, Lou Decruss wrote:
>
>> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
>> hopefully this isn't a repeat. I want the Nantucket. Which one would
>> be your first choice?
>>
>> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/

>I'd like most of them if they were made with imported rather than
>Wisconsin cheeses.

It's highly illegal to use imported cheese for those sandwiches.
Don't you dare do it!

>The site is a little heavy on the "Wisconsin"
>cheese,

"2010 Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board" should give away what they're
doing.

>though I am partial to Seymour Dairy's cheese. That's about
>it from Wisconsin.
>
>http://www.seymourdairyproducts.com/

I'm not sure if I've ever had that. Some of the best cheese never
makes it out of the midwest. The dairies are too small. My favorite
Swiss comes from a place about 100 miles away. I've seen it in
Chicago just once but it's available in all the stores out there.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
.. .
>> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
>> hopefully this isn't a repeat. I want the Nantucket. Which one would
>> be your first choice?
>>
>> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/
>>
>> Lou

>Grilled WHAT? Most of them have too much "other" for me. I'll stick with
>cheese, mebbe a slice of ham or bacon.

<laugh> I like a simple GC too but some of these look so good.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 19:35:37 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Thu 14 Oct 2010 12:29:24p, Felice told us...
>

>> "Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
>>> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
>>> hopefully this isn't a repeat. I want the Nantucket. Which one
>>> would be your first choice?
>>>
>>> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/
>>>
>>> Lou

>> Grilled WHAT? Most of them have too much "other" for me. I'll
>> stick with cheese, mebbe a slice of ham or bacon.
>>
>> Felice

>I'm with you Felice. These are "grilled cheese" in name only,
>because they contain cheese and they are grilled.

So there's nothing there you'd try?

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 17:18:38 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 14/10/2010 3:29 PM, Felice wrote:
>> "Lou > wrote in message
>>> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
>>> hopefully this isn't a repeat. I want the Nantucket. Which one would
>>> be your first choice?
>>>
>>> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/
>>>
>>> Lou

>> Grilled WHAT? Most of them have too much "other" for me. I'll stick with
>> cheese, mebbe a slice of ham or bacon.
>>

>I like grilled cheese with thin slices of tomato and onion, or cheese
>with sliced sweet pickles.

Tomato and onion is good.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:15:10 -0500, The Cheese Police
> wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 15:29:24 -0400, Felice wrote:
>
>> "Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
>>> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
>>> hopefully this isn't a repeat. I want the Nantucket. Which one would
>>> be your first choice?
>>>
>>> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/
>>>
>>> Lou

>> Grilled WHAT? Most of them have too much "other" for me. I'll stick with
>> cheese, mebbe a slice of ham or bacon.

>Grilled cheese sandwiches may legally contain other ingredients as
>long as they are grilled inside the sandwich at the same time as the
>cheese. It is illegal for grilled cheese sandwiches to be opened once
>they are grilled.
>
>All those sandwiches appear to be highly illegal grilled cheese
>sandwiches. Not only that, I'm pretty sure they're not even real
>sandwiches, but rather very clever replicas of sandwiches made with
>shiny acrylic clay. Gooey cheese is not going to freeze in place like
>that while you arrange all those toppings and get it all spruced up
>for the camera.
>
>Other Grilled Cheese laws have been violated in the making of those
>fake grilled cheese sandwiches, but there's already enough evidence of
>blatant disregard of the U.S. Cheese Code to put them away on Federal
>charges for a long time.
>
>-sw

Yer crakin me up here.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:48:55 -0500, The Cheese Police
> wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:30:54 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:
>
>> Mine was natural, real, and I took a photo of it just before devouring
>> it.
>>
>> I miss it now! :-(
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>Yours was not a legal grilled cheese sandwich either. But you never
>actually called it a grilled cheese. Your's is a toasted cheese
>sandwich.
>
>Section 204R of the U.S. Cheese Code:
>
>Grilled cheese sandwiches must be GRILLED on a flat metal or ceramic
>surface reaching at least 273 degrees Fahrenheit and using a 70% fat
>content or better spread on the outside surface of the sandwich.
>
>Subparagraph a. (Rev 1066-2, 1962 3rd rev) Spread may be either animal
>fat or vegetable oil-based.
>
>Given the context of this and your previous post, we could probably
>build a formidable case against you. But we're not really after the
>little guys making these in their home kitchens an a small scale for
>personal use. We're after the commercial retail grilled cheese
>peddlers and marketers. Consider this a stern warning. We've put you
>on a list and we'll be watching not only you, but the other persons of
>interest who have participated in this thread.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Federal Cheese Police
>U.S. Department of Cheese Usage

You should move to Wisconsin.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 21:40:21 -0500, The Cheese Police
> wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 22:04:19 -0400, Cheryl wrote:
>
>> Ok, but is a burger stuffed between two grilled cheese sandwiches legal or
>> part of some sub-section? Does a legal grilled cheese sandwich have to
>> stay within a certain kcal range?

>Our department does not make nor interpret gray areas of the U.S.
>Cheese Code, maam. That is up to the Big Cheeses. But if I
>understand it correctly and as you have explained, my personal opinion
>is that as long as the sandwiches are legal, certified grilled cheese
>sandwiches, they be used in any manner you choose and still be
>considered grilled cheese sandwiches regardless of how they are
>served.
>
>Our department is fully committed to grilled cheese sandwich usage
>diversity and we go through hours of rigorous training yearly to
>assure we remain respectful and sensitive to all grilled cheese
>sandwich uses.
>
>Note that this is not an endorsement of legality. We would have to
>examine the exhibits to render a professional opinion.
>
>Thank you for your inquiry.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Federal Cheese Enforcement Office, U.S. South Division
>U.S. Department of Cheese Usage

I don't know how you dream this stuff up. Pretty funny though.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 15:54:05 -0500, "Default User"
> wrote:

>"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
.. .
>> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
>> hopefully this isn't a repeat. I want the Nantucket. Which one would
>> be your first choice?

>I'm kind a purist when it comes to the subject. Cheese, bread, butter. Nowt
>else.

They're pretty grandiose but they did give me some ideas I'll try.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 17:17:28 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 14/10/2010 2:28 PM, Lou Decruss wrote:
>> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
>> hopefully this isn't a repeat. I want the Nantucket. Which one would
>> be your first choice?
>>
>> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/
>>

>Mmmm.. I would never have thought of that for a grilled cheese, but it
>does look good.

A bunch of them look good even if they don't fit the cheese police
definition.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 15:30:08 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

>On Oct 14, 11:28*am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
>> hopefully this isn't a repeat. *I want the Nantucket. *Which one would
>> be your first choice?
>>
>> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/
>>
>> Lou

>Wow...now I'm hungry. So many to chose from and make!!

Cool. At least somebody liked it.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 19:35:01 -0700 (PDT), "Catmandy (Sheryl)"
> wrote:

>On Oct 14, 2:28*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
>> hopefully this isn't a repeat. *I want the Nantucket. *Which one would
>> be your first choice?
>>
>> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/
>>
>> Lou

>The Birchwood, minus the egg.

Yeah. That one looks good too.

> I'm a purist when it comes to grilled
>cheese.
>Actually, I haven't had Brick cheese in many years. It is not sold in
>New England.
>I don't remember what it tastes like. I just remember liking it and
>being told that's what it was.
>
>Actually, my favorite grilled cheese sandwich is on rye bread, either
>swiss or cheddar-jack, and after the sandwich is grilled, open it and
>slide in thin slices of either apple or pear. I love contrast between
>warm gooey cheese and cool crisp apple.

Yabut the cheese police says you can't open it up!

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 06:34:54 -0700 (PDT), "Catmandy (Sheryl)"
> wrote:

>On Oct 15, 9:10*am, Cindy Hamilton >
>wrote:
>> On Oct 14, 2:28*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>>
>> > I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
>> > hopefully this isn't a repeat. *I want the Nantucket. *Which one would
>> > be your first choice?

>> >http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/

>> > Lou

>> Sorry, man, that site was too annoying. *Here's what I like:
>>
>> Kraft medium cheddar on white with thinly sliced onion,
>> jalapeno, and tomato. *I do mine in the toaster oven
>> so that I can justify putting on a little mayo. *Salt
>> and pepper.
>>
>> If I really do grilled cheese, then it's Kraft medium cheddar
>> on white. *Homemade tomato soup on the side.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>I agree on both counts: site was annoying and grilled cheddar on white
>with homemade tomato soup ROCKS!

I found the silly narratives amusing. Oh well. I do agree a simple
GC and tomato soup is great and perfect comfort food. I wouldn't
consider the sandwiches on the site comfort food.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 15:29:24 -0400, Felice wrote:

> "Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
>> I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
>> hopefully this isn't a repeat. I want the Nantucket. Which one would
>> be your first choice?
>>
>> http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/
>>
>> Lou

> Grilled WHAT? Most of them have too much "other" for me. I'll stick with
> cheese, mebbe a slice of ham or bacon.
>
> Felice

i'd like bacon and a good tomato. i don't see it on the menus i come
across, though. maybe i'll ask someone to make one when a good tomato is
again possible.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:48:55 -0500, The Cheese Police wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:30:54 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:
>
>> Mine was natural, real, and I took a photo of it just before devouring
>> it.
>>
>> I miss it now! :-(
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> Yours was not a legal grilled cheese sandwich either. But you never
> actually called it a grilled cheese. Your's is a toasted cheese
> sandwich.
>
> Section 204R of the U.S. Cheese Code:
>
> Grilled cheese sandwiches must be GRILLED on a flat metal or ceramic
> surface reaching at least 273 degrees Fahrenheit and using a 70% fat
> content or better spread on the outside surface of the sandwich.
>
> Subparagraph a. (Rev 1066-2, 1962 3rd rev) Spread may be either animal
> fat or vegetable oil-based.
>
> Given the context of this and your previous post, we could probably
> build a formidable case against you. But we're not really after the
> little guys making these in their home kitchens an a small scale for
> personal use. We're after the commercial retail grilled cheese
> peddlers and marketers. Consider this a stern warning. We've put you
> on a list and we'll be watching not only you, but the other persons of
> interest who have participated in this thread.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Federal Cheese Police
> U.S. Department of Cheese Usage

what's the law on the use of government cheese?

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 21:40:21 -0500, The Cheese Police wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 22:04:19 -0400, Cheryl wrote:
>
>> Ok, but is a burger stuffed between two grilled cheese sandwiches legal or
>> part of some sub-section? Does a legal grilled cheese sandwich have to
>> stay within a certain kcal range?

> Our department does not make nor interpret gray areas of the U.S.
> Cheese Code, maam. That is up to the Big Cheeses. But if I
> understand it correctly and as you have explained, my personal opinion
> is that as long as the sandwiches are legal, certified grilled cheese
> sandwiches, they be used in any manner you choose and still be
> considered grilled cheese sandwiches regardless of how they are
> served.
>
> Our department is fully committed to grilled cheese sandwich usage
> diversity and we go through hours of rigorous training yearly to
> assure we remain respectful and sensitive to all grilled cheese
> sandwich uses.
>
> Note that this is not an endorsement of legality. We would have to
> examine the exhibits to render a professional opinion.
>
> Thank you for your inquiry.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Federal Cheese Enforcement Office, U.S. South Division
> U.S. Department of Cheese Usage

can a grilled cheese sandwich be legally made with a glazed doughnut?

your pal,
blake
Senior Member

Location: WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqwertz View Post
On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 13:28:46 -0500, Lou Decruss wrote:

I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
hopefully this isn't a repeat. I want the Nantucket. Which one would
be your first choice?

Grilled Cheese Academy

I'd like most of them if they were made with imported rather than
Wisconsin cheeses. The site is a little heavy on the "Wisconsin"
cheese, though I am partial to Seymour Dairy's cheese. That's about
it from Wisconsin.

Seymour Dairy Products - Home

-sw
Perhaps you haven't been exposed to some our finest in the dairy state. Try Jussto is you ever see it, or 10 year cheddar. I feel out gruyere second to none in europe. You can keep all that Colby, Mild cheddar and stuff. We also still produce a real Limburger in Monroe.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz > wrote in
:

> We are the Cheese
> Police, after all.

Hence the expression, "Cheese it, the cops!"

--

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag
and carrying a cross.

Sinclair Lewis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnrYMafCzeE
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 15, 12:08*pm, Gorio >
wrote:
> Sqwertz;1537650 Wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 13:28:46 -0500, Lou Decruss wrote:
> > -
> > I've been pretty busy recently and haven't been around much so
> > hopefully this isn't a repeat. *I want the Nantucket. *Which one would
> > be your first choice?

> > 'Grilled Cheese Academy' (http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/)-

> > I'd like most of them if they were made with imported rather than
> > Wisconsin cheeses. *The site is a little heavy on the "Wisconsin"
> > cheese, though I am partial to Seymour Dairy's cheese. *That's about
> > it from Wisconsin.

> > 'Seymour Dairy Products - Home' (http://www.seymourdairyproducts.com/)

> > -sw

> Perhaps you haven't been exposed to some our finest in the dairy state.
> Try Jussto is you ever see it, or 10 year cheddar. I feel out gruyere
> second to none in europe. You can keep all that Colby, Mild cheddar and
> stuff. We also still produce a real Limburger in Monroe.
>
> --
> Gorio- Hide quoted text -

Maytag Blue Cheese from Iowa - one of the very best, and used by great
chefs everywhere in the US. ;-) I wouldn't want it in a grilled
cheese sandwich, though - it is best in salad or even on a baked
potato or on top a grilled steak....

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 > wrote:

>Maytag Blue Cheese from Iowa - one of the very best, and used by great
>chefs everywhere in the US. ;-) I wouldn't want it in a grilled
>cheese sandwich, though - it is best in salad or even on a baked
>potato or on top a grilled steak....

An emerging classic is hearts of small romaines with Maytag crumbles
stuffed inside, then placed under a broiler or in a wood oven for
a minute.

Steve