Posted to gun.general,uk.politics.guns,rec.food.cooking,aus.politics.guns,alt.2600

Default childrens argues for the Case Against Guns :-)))))

Bless those kids :-))))))))))))))

Thank heavens that senior primary school students see that the
presence of guns constitutes one of the great problems facing
Australian society.

A group of upper primary students from Queensland recently took part
in an OptiMinds program and chose the MAKING AMENDS challenge. They
told us:We have come up with three bad inventions. Using the lessons
learnt from the bad inventions we must create a new invention.

The students nominated guns, cigarettes and plastic rulers as their
three bad inventions. It wont surprise you that I fully support such a
wise decision.

The students asked us for help in responding to the question whether
guns should be allowed for use in Australia.

These students were correct – guns were invented to kill living things
and all too often this produces heartbreaking situations in our
communities. I would like to invite all young people to help us design
a non-killing gun.

It surprises us that gun devotees dont design such a gun, because they
always talk as though guns were not designed to kill. Perhaps it is
just their state of brutal minds.

Taking the students lead, we are reminded that cigarette packets [and,
indeed, some plastic bags!] are legally compelled to contain a warning
about the dangers of using the contents. It seems obvious that all
guns should also have a message etched into the steel of the barrel,
the wood of the stock and the

glass of the telescopic sight:

THIS DEVICE IS DESIGNED TO KILL
--