Old 07-10-2010, 10:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default PICs: Roasted Cauliflower

Well, the original post got me wondering, and as I had a whole cauliflower
that I'd just bought I decided to try the Cauliflower 'Steaks'.

It was a bit fiddly, but the SO seemed to like the flavour.

I did the same with some large heads of broccoli.

I only used salt, pepper and parmesan....... no garlic as the SO doesn't
like any garlic dishes during the working week :-)

I also had a hankering for some beer battered fish, but it ended up being
some beer battered vegetables instead, including some Oyster mushrooms.

The beer was from a couple nights ago when I had the 'urge' to see if
things had changed and I can stand a beer now, and failed :-(

http://tinypic.com/m/deog1z/3

http://tinypic.com/m/deog20/3

http://tinypic.com/m/deog21/3

http://tinypic.com/m/deog28/3

http://tinypic.com/m/deog29/3

http://tinypic.com/m/deog3r/3

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart

The act of feeding someone is an act of beauty,
whether it's a full Sunday roast or a jam sandwich,
but only when done with love.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Roasted Cauliflower

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 13:07:18 -0400, blake murphy
wrote:

On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 10:12:26 -0500, Melba's Jammin' wrote:

In article ,
Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:

Did ya know that pickle relish contains mostly cauliflower.

Your eyes are getting browner, Sheldon.

snort

too late for that. by this point his hair is turning brown, if he has any.

I've more hair than your scraggly thin wisps, and nicer... I just
don't have tresses hanging to my ass like a friggin' fag boy... and
unlike you I don't need to have a bikini wax facial and gargle with
Summer's Eve... I have nicer pubic hair than your facial hair. I usta
be a platinum blond with gorgeous curls but that was while I was still
at my mommy's breast. Then over time my hair darkened and for most of
my adult life my hair was brown streaked with blond and not from a
bottle, girls would die for my hair... now I'm back to platinum, thick
and luxurious. I have nice manly chest hair, not like a baboon
assface, just enough curls that the gals enjoy it tickling their
nipples, and other sensitive parts depending on position... normal
women don't like to feel like they're getting boinked by a women with
a strap on or a gorrilla.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:34 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"James Silverton" wrote:

Melba's wrote on Wed, 06 Oct 2010 10:10:44 -0500:

"Charlotte L. Blackmer" wrote in
message
It will carbonize if you leave it in the oven too long.

That's the term for burning? Sounds right to me.

LOL! Like "browned" is the low-class term for "caramelize."
eyes

roll .

I think there is some confusion here. You can caramelize sugars but can
only brown cauliflower.

Good question! According to the USDA database, raw cauliflower contains
about 2% sugar. I know it turns brown, but is that the sugar, or
something else?

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Old 07-10-2010, 11:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 14:34:15 -0700, Dan Abel wrote:

In article ,
"James Silverton" wrote:

Melba's wrote on Wed, 06 Oct 2010 10:10:44 -0500:

"Charlotte L. Blackmer" wrote in
message
It will carbonize if you leave it in the oven too long.

That's the term for burning? Sounds right to me.

LOL! Like "browned" is the low-class term for "caramelize."
eyes

roll .

I think there is some confusion here. You can caramelize sugars but can
only brown cauliflower.

Good question! According to the USDA database, raw cauliflower contains
about 2% sugar. I know it turns brown, but is that the sugar, or
something else?

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

You can brown cheese but that's not caramelized.

When you go out into the sun you burn... when I go into the sun I
caramelize, because I'm sweet! LOL
Old 08-10-2010, 01:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 20:40:55 +0100, Janet wrote:

Creamed coconut block isn't frozen; it's just set hard like a bar of
soap.

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-.../detail/361630
_Blue_Dragon_Creamed_Coconut_200g.html

I'm not familiar with that form of edible coconut milk. Live & learn.

It was just half a bar which is probably the equivalent to half a can.

TY.
The chili is just dried ground chili from a smkt jar.

OK, so I'll use whatever I have on hand - thanks.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" Gravesend1 wrote in message

I've more hair than your scraggly thin wisps, and nicer... I just
don't have tresses hanging to my ass like a friggin' fag boy... and
unlike you I don't need to have a bikini wax facial and gargle with
Summer's Eve... I have nicer pubic hair than your facial hair. I usta
be a platinum blond with gorgeous curls but that was while I was still
at my mommy's breast. Then over time my hair darkened and for most of
my adult life my hair was brown streaked with blond and not from a
bottle, girls would die for my hair... now I'm back to platinum, thick
and luxurious. I have nice manly chest hair, not like a baboon
assface, just enough curls that the gals enjoy it tickling their
nipples, and other sensitive parts depending on position... normal
women don't like to feel like they're getting boinked by a women with
a strap on or a gorrilla.

That was entirely TMI.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 21:24:32 -0400, "Cheryl"
wrote:

"Brooklyn1" Gravesend1 wrote in message
.. .

[...]

You're new here... that's a nothing. Somebody clue in Cheryl... tell
her that has to be one of my tamest. Wait'll someone actually gets me
riled.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

"Brooklyn1" Gravesend1 wrote in message
. ..

[...]

yeah, you're a real internet he-man.

blake
Old 08-10-2010, 08:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 13:06:25 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article , says...

[...]

Sheldon must be the best contraceptive in America.

You bet... no gal has reqested I place a condom on my tongue yet.

With a resource like that, you don't need Purity Rings.

With a comma like that you must have a speech impediment... with all
that startin' n' stoppin' you probably take three times longer to
orgasm than normal women but you give great head!

Roasted cauliflower [email protected] General Cooking 7 15-10-2010 04:27 AM
REC: Roasted Cauliflower Janet Wilder[_1_] Diabetic 6 05-10-2007 11:31 AM
roasted cauliflower Molly Diabetic 3 06-06-2006 03:08 AM
REC: Roasted Cauliflower Pete Romfh Diabetic 4 25-05-2006 05:19 AM
Roasted Cauliflower Gladys Dinletir Recipes (moderated) 0 10-11-2004 04:09 PM