Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Salted Angel Cakes

Actually, it's a bread filled with ham, sun dried tomatoes and olives.
The recipe is from Pandora.
Serene www.momfoodproject.com made it recently and it looked so good I
had to try it.

The step by step and photos are on my blog if you are interested.
www.kokoscornerblog.com
I also have a link to the metric kitchen if you need conversion help.

I hope you try it it is wonderful.

Category: salted cakes
Nb persons: 8
For the FIRST DOUGH:
135 g strong flour
4 g dry yeast
100 ml water
DOUGH:
400 g strong flour
120 g milk - lukewarm
3 eggs - only yolks (plus 1 whole for final
-brushing)
3 tsp salt
120 g butter - softened
FILLING:
20 black olives - minced
6 dry tomatoes - under oil and drained
70 g cooked ham - minced
1)Make the dough with the first ingredients. Make a ball and let it
sit , covered, for about half an hour.
2) Make the dough with the second list of ingredients plus the first
dough.
Kneed till all the ingredients are perfectly mixed.
You will obtain another ball. Cover with a cloth and put in a lukewarm
place for about 2 hours.
When it's ready (it should have been risen ) put it on a rolling board
and make a rectangule of about 5-6 millimeters thick.
Put over it the ingredients of filling and then begin to roll it. You
will obtain a big salami. Cut it along the lenght in two halves and
plait them.
Then make a big circle with a hole in the middle which you will put
over a baking pan covered with baking paper. Brush it with a beaten
egg.
Put in hot oven (200°C) for about 35-40 minutes.
Nutritional facts per serving (daily value):
Calories 384kcal
Protein 11g (22%)
Total Fat 15g (24%)
Sat. 9g (43%)
Chol. 104mg (35%)
Carb. 50g (17%)
Fiber 2g (7%)
Sugars 1g
Calcium 39mg (4%)
Iron 3mg (19%)
----------
Exported from Shop'NCook 3.1 (http://www.shopncook.com)
--
Cheers
Pandora

koko

James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 10/02/10
Watkins natural spices
www.apinchofspices.com

Does Anyone Still Make Angel Food Cakes From "Scratch"? Judy Haffner General Cooking 61 17-02-2012 01:14 AM
Salted butter? Mitch General Cooking 38 21-06-2007 07:35 PM
Salted Angel's Bread with fruit serene General Cooking 5 27-04-2006 04:26 PM
Salted ANGEL'S CAKE (pics and recipe) Pandora General Cooking 38 05-04-2006 08:14 AM
Serene's attempt at salted angel cake serene General Cooking 0 02-04-2006 03:37 AM