LGO

Default Brownies from a cake mix?

I have several boxes of devil's food cake mixes on hand. Rathan than a
cake I'd like to make brownies, does anyone have a technique for making
brownies from a cake mix?
zxcvbob

LGO wrote:

> I have several boxes of devil's food cake mixes on hand. Rathan than a
> cake I'd like to make brownies, does anyone have a technique for making
> brownies from a cake mix?

I suspect if you double the butter (or if the directions call for oil,
add an equivalent amount of butter also) and add 1/2 cup of sugar, the
cake will fall and give you something resembling brownies -- but I
haven't tried it.

It sounds like a fun experiment. I think I have a box of dark chocolate
cake mix in the pantry....

Bob
zxcvbob

LGO wrote:

> I have several boxes of devil's food cake mixes on hand. Rathan than a
> cake I'd like to make brownies, does anyone have a technique for making
> brownies from a cake mix?

I suspect if you double the butter (or if the directions call for oil,
add an equivalent amount of butter also) and add 1/2 cup of sugar, the
cake will fall and give you something resembling brownies -- but I
haven't tried it.

It sounds like a fun experiment. I think I have a box of dark chocolate
cake mix in the pantry....

Bob

"I have several boxes of devil's food cake mixes on hand. Rathan than a
cake I'd like to make brownies, does anyone have a technique for making
brownies from a cake mix?"

Check out thefooddoctor.com. She uses cake mixes in unique ways,
doctoring them up so you'd never know your finished product started out
from a mix. And - believe it or not - some of her desserrts are to die
for!

Gtwy4cb

I haven't tried these but here goes:

CAKE MIX BROWNIES
Printed from COOKS.COM

1 box chocolate or lemon cake mix
1 stick butter, melted
2 eggs
1/2 box 10X confectioners' sugar
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese

Mix together cake mix, melted butter and 1 egg. Press into greased sheet cake
pan.

Mix together 1/2 box sugar, 1 egg and cream cheese. Spread on top of cake
mixture. Bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes. Cool in pan and cut into
squares.

"Thefooddoctor.com takes you to a diet guy. Thecakedoctor.com may be
what the lady means."

OOPS! Thats what I get for posting in the middle of the night! )

I meant cakemixdoctor.com

Quite by chance, I just came across the following. I expect you can use
regular Coke if you wanted to:

Diet Coke Brownies

1 box devil's food or chocolate cake mix 10-12 oz. Diet Coke

Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Mix the above
ingredients (must use at least 10 oz. of soda) depending on the
consistency that you want the batter to be. Pour and spread out evenly
into pan and bake about 30 minutes or until you touch it and it comes
back. Let cool completely before you slice it. Makes 24 servings at 2
points each. (weight watchers)

Note: can be made in a 24 mini muffin pan, each muffin is 2
points.

Goomba38

LGO wrote:
>BTW did you
> know if you do not like drinking a diet soda, you can fill up your cup
> with 3/4 diet and 1/4 regular and you can't tell the difference..A lot
> less calories than drinking all the calories in a regular coke

You know I don't believe that for an instant. It
might taste fine, but most anyone I know can tell
the tastes apart. Same as people who claim that
people can't tell the diff between pepsi and coke.
I will say that I like the new C2 Coke which is
half and half.
Goomba

Goomba38

LGO wrote:
>BTW did you
> know if you do not like drinking a diet soda, you can fill up your cup
> with 3/4 diet and 1/4 regular and you can't tell the difference..A lot
> less calories than drinking all the calories in a regular coke

You know I don't believe that for an instant. It
might taste fine, but most anyone I know can tell
the tastes apart. Same as people who claim that
people can't tell the diff between pepsi and coke.
I will say that I like the new C2 Coke which is
half and half.
Goomba

"Just to be sure I have this right --
The directions on the box cake mix call for adding water, oil, and eggs.
DO you mean, ignore all of that, and JUST add the soft drink to the
powdered cake mix?
None of the other stuff?"

That's all that was in the recipe! I haven't tried it, just copied it
for you when I came across it.

Cynthia Mason

I don't think it is recommended to heat aspartane which is the sweetner
in diet Coke. I would try it with Diet Rite Cola which is sweetened
with Splenda- which you can heat.

Cynthia Mason

I don't think it is recommended to heat aspartane which is the sweetner
in diet Coke. I would try it with Diet Rite Cola which is sweetened
with Splenda- which you can heat.

"I don't think it is recommended to heat aspartane which is the sweetner
in diet Coke. I would try it with Diet Rite Cola which is sweetened with
Splenda- which you can heat."

Personally, I think I'd go with Regular Coke. I mean, you're spreading
the calories from a can over, what, about 24 brownies - it wouldn't add
a whole lot of them to each one. But I agree - if you're set on using
diet, go with Diet Rite or else I believe Coke has a new product which
is half sugar, half Splenda.