Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default absinthe for cooking

it's way overproof;
[2] burns nicely
... But rather expensive
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Sep 23, 6:15*am, "Orson Cart" > wrote:
> * * * * * * it's way overproof;
> [2] burns nicely
> .. But rather expensive

Personally, I just prefer it in a Sazerac..
Posted to rec.food.cooking

If you like that taste you might want to consider Mexican Xtabentun.

Read about it at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xtabent%C3%BAn_(liqueur)

I first discovered it when in Cozumel Mexico earlier this year where I
purchased a liter for $13. Just last week I purchased another bottle
when on a cruise to Costa Maya for $10. It is made from honey and
anise.

I've been using it in place of Pernod, Sambuca, Ouzo, etc.

Known as an ingredient in Mayan Coffee it can also be used for other
things including cooking (great with fish.)

You might even try it with water (like you might with Pernod, for
example) 1 to 4 with water and ice (as a start.)

GARY HAYMAN
http://bit.ly/GarysInfo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 04:36:32 -0700 (PDT), zydecogary
> wrote:
>
> I've been using it in place of Pernod, Sambuca, Ouzo, etc.

If those are the substitutes, I don't need to try drinking absinthe.
I already know it will grow hair on my tongue. However, I have a
reservation at Absinthe for Saturday http://www.absinthe.com/
Their food is good and my tongue will remain hairless.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

[OT] Absinthe notbob General Cooking 14 30-06-2012 04:13 PM
Burgundy and Absinthe Bill S. Wine 7 05-02-2011 07:23 AM
Welcome Spring with Absinthe mixr General 2 17-07-2010 11:02 AM
Are You Absinthe Experienced? a salasky General 1 02-06-2005 08:57 PM
OT - Absinthe Robbienorth Wine 11 06-03-2005 07:52 PM