Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gas cooktop

Budget up to $1500. Must be L-A-R-G-E. No knobs on top unless to one side.
Porcelain preferred over stainless. Different burner configurations
probable with wok ring. 140 degree simmer setting on at least one burner.
High btu on the biggest burners. Five burner. Big burners so that one can
put their five biggest pots on there and they will fit.

I looked at a GE Profile that I liked, so something along that line.

Might even advertise for a used Wolf, Dacor, or like. They do have some in
this range new. I like the one that has the "continuous grate".

I have been looking for a while, but the remodel is on the event horizon,
just a ways off. No problem finding it and setting aside, though. I have
seen some of the craziest crap on cooktops. Knobs right in the middle of
the pots. Things like that.

TIA.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote

> Have you looked at LG?

Not yet, but I will.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve B" > wrote in message
> Budget up to $1500. Must be L-A-R-G-E. No knobs on top unless to one
> side. Porcelain preferred over stainless. Different burner configurations
> probable with wok ring. 140 degree simmer setting on at least one burner.
> High btu on the biggest burners. Five burner. Big burners so that one
> can put their five biggest pots on there and they will fit.
>
> I looked at a GE Profile that I liked, so something along that line.
>
> Might even advertise for a used Wolf, Dacor, or like. They do have some
> in this range new. I like the one that has the "continuous grate".
>
> I have been looking for a while, but the remodel is on the event horizon,
> just a ways off. No problem finding it and setting aside, though. I have
> seen some of the craziest crap on cooktops. Knobs right in the middle of
> the pots. Things like that.
>
> TIA.
>
> Steve

You're welcome.

What was you're question?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lionel Hutz, Esq." > wrote in message

> "Steve B" > wrote in message
>> Budget up to $1500. Must be L-A-R-G-E. No knobs on top unless to one
>> side. Porcelain preferred over stainless. Different burner
>> configurations probable with wok ring. 140 degree simmer setting on at
>> least one burner. High btu on the biggest burners. Five burner. Big
>> burners so that one can put their five biggest pots on there and they
>> will fit.
>>
>> I looked at a GE Profile that I liked, so something along that line.
>>
>> Might even advertise for a used Wolf, Dacor, or like. They do have some
>> in this range new. I like the one that has the "continuous grate".
>>
>> I have been looking for a while, but the remodel is on the event horizon,
>> just a ways off. No problem finding it and setting aside, though. I
>> have seen some of the craziest crap on cooktops. Knobs right in the
>> middle of the pots. Things like that.
>>
>> TIA.
>>
>> Steve
>>

> You're welcome.
>
> What was you're question?

Odd. You seem to have gotten it. Suggestions for gas cooktops.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

On 9/12/2010 4:31 PM, Steve B wrote:
> Budget up to $1500. Must be L-A-R-G-E. No knobs on top unless to one side.
> Porcelain preferred over stainless. Different burner configurations
> probable with wok ring. 140 degree simmer setting on at least one burner.
> High btu on the biggest burners. Five burner. Big burners so that one can
> put their five biggest pots on there and they will fit.
>
> I looked at a GE Profile that I liked, so something along that line.
>
> Might even advertise for a used Wolf, Dacor, or like. They do have some in
> this range new. I like the one that has the "continuous grate".
>
> I have been looking for a while, but the remodel is on the event horizon,
> just a ways off. No problem finding it and setting aside, though. I have
> seen some of the craziest crap on cooktops. Knobs right in the middle of
> the pots. Things like that.

Good luck When shopping for a new range about 12+ years ago, I
wasn't smart enough to get a cooktop grid (for a gas range) that covered
the entire range surface. Instead, the grids just cover a 'square' area
around the four burners (I hope that makes sense). Now I wish the
entire surface of the range had a grid so pans/pots could be moved
anywhere on the surface without tipping over.

When it comes to the control knobs, those adjacent to the left or right
sides of the cooktop aren't so bad (I think?). As it is, the range in
my kitchen has the control knobs on the front vertical plane. Oh well,
live-n-learn, eh?!

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 13, 12:15*am, "Lionel Hutz, Esq." > wrote:
> "Steve B" > wrote in message

> > Budget up to $1500. *Must be L-A-R-G-E. *No knobs on top unless to one
> > side. Porcelain preferred over stainless. *Different burner configurations
> > probable with wok ring. *140 degree simmer setting on at least one burner.
> > High btu on the biggest burners. *Five burner. *Big burners so that one
> > can put their five biggest pots on there and they will fit.

> > I looked at a GE Profile that I liked, so something along that line.

> > Might even advertise for a used Wolf, Dacor, or like. *They do have some
> > in this range new. *I like the one that has the "continuous grate".

> > I have been looking for a while, but the remodel is on the event horizon,
> > just a ways off. *No problem finding it and setting aside, though. *I have
> > seen some of the craziest crap on cooktops. *Knobs right in the middle of
> > the pots. *Things like that.

> > TIA.

> > Steve

> You're welcome.
>
> What was you're question?

No real lawyer would use "you're" in place of your. Even my 8 YO
wouldn't do that.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Steve B" > wrote:

> Budget up to $1500. Must be L-A-R-G-E. No knobs on top unless to one side.
> Porcelain preferred over stainless. Different burner configurations
> probable with wok ring. 140 degree simmer setting on at least one burner.
> High btu on the biggest burners. Five burner. Big burners so that one can
> put their five biggest pots on there and they will fit.
>
> I looked at a GE Profile that I liked, so something along that line.
>
> Might even advertise for a used Wolf, Dacor, or like. They do have some in
> this range new. I like the one that has the "continuous grate".
>
> I have been looking for a while, but the remodel is on the event horizon,
> just a ways off. No problem finding it and setting aside, though. I have
> seen some of the craziest crap on cooktops. Knobs right in the middle of
> the pots. Things like that.

Check Consumer Reports.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sky" > wrote in message
> On 9/12/2010 4:31 PM, Steve B wrote:
>> Budget up to $1500. Must be L-A-R-G-E. No knobs on top unless to one
>> side.
>> Porcelain preferred over stainless. Different burner configurations
>> probable with wok ring. 140 degree simmer setting on at least one
>> burner.
>> High btu on the biggest burners. Five burner. Big burners so that one
>> can
>> put their five biggest pots on there and they will fit.
>>
>> I looked at a GE Profile that I liked, so something along that line.
>>
>> Might even advertise for a used Wolf, Dacor, or like. They do have some
>> in
>> this range new. I like the one that has the "continuous grate".
>>
>> I have been looking for a while, but the remodel is on the event horizon,
>> just a ways off. No problem finding it and setting aside, though. I
>> have
>> seen some of the craziest crap on cooktops. Knobs right in the middle of
>> the pots. Things like that.

> Good luck When shopping for a new range about 12+ years ago, I wasn't
> smart enough to get a cooktop grid (for a gas range) that covered the
> entire range surface. Instead, the grids just cover a 'square' area
> around the four burners (I hope that makes sense). Now I wish the entire
> surface of the range had a grid so pans/pots could be moved anywhere on
> the surface without tipping over.
>
> When it comes to the control knobs, those adjacent to the left or right
> sides of the cooktop aren't so bad (I think?). As it is, the range in my
> kitchen has the control knobs on the front vertical plane. Oh well,
> live-n-learn, eh?!
>
> Sky

I have seen some with grates that look like radiating cobwebs, all on the
same level flat plane. You can move pots all over, and they're level, and
on a substantial amount of iron. Interesting. Viking DGSU1605BSS
"Continuous Grate."

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve B" > wrote in message

> "Lionel Hutz, Esq." > wrote in message
>>

>> "Steve B" > wrote in message
>>> Budget up to $1500. Must be L-A-R-G-E. No knobs on top unless to one
>>> side. Porcelain preferred over stainless. Different burner
>>> configurations probable with wok ring. 140 degree simmer setting on at
>>> least one burner. High btu on the biggest burners. Five burner. Big
>>> burners so that one can put their five biggest pots on there and they
>>> will fit.
>>>
>>> I looked at a GE Profile that I liked, so something along that line.
>>>
>>> Might even advertise for a used Wolf, Dacor, or like. They do have some
>>> in this range new. I like the one that has the "continuous grate".
>>>
>>> I have been looking for a while, but the remodel is on the event
>>> horizon, just a ways off. No problem finding it and setting aside,
>>> though. I have seen some of the craziest crap on cooktops. Knobs right
>>> in the middle of the pots. Things like that.
>>>
>>> TIA.
>>>
>>> Steve
>>>

>> You're welcome.
>>
>> What was you're question?

> Odd. You seem to have gotten it. Suggestions for gas cooktops.
>
> Steve

Umm, okay? My suggestion? If you want one, get one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bryan" > wrote in message
> On Sep 13, 12:15 am, "Lionel Hutz, Esq." > wrote:
>> "Steve B" > wrote in message

>> > Budget up to $1500. Must be L-A-R-G-E. No knobs on top unless to one
>> > side. Porcelain preferred over stainless. Different burner
>> > configurations
>> > probable with wok ring. 140 degree simmer setting on at least one
>> > burner.
>> > High btu on the biggest burners. Five burner. Big burners so that one
>> > can put their five biggest pots on there and they will fit.

>> > I looked at a GE Profile that I liked, so something along that line.

>> > Might even advertise for a used Wolf, Dacor, or like. They do have
>> > some
>> > in this range new. I like the one that has the "continuous grate".

>> > I have been looking for a while, but the remodel is on the event
>> > horizon,
>> > just a ways off. No problem finding it and setting aside, though. I
>> > have
>> > seen some of the craziest crap on cooktops. Knobs right in the middle
>> > of
>> > the pots. Things like that.

>> > TIA.

>> > Steve

>> You're welcome.
>>
>> What was you're question?

> No real lawyer would use "you're" in place of your. Even my 8 YO
> wouldn't do that.
>
> --Bryan

A spelling flame, Bobo? Really? That the best you got?

BTW, why don't you go by Bobo any more? Give up on that punk rock star
thing? The eyeglasses and middle-age paunch kind of destroy the image,
don't they? Have you taken that boy to a ballgame yet?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> Bryan > wrote:
>
>> On Sep 13, 12:15 am, "Lionel Hutz, Esq." > wrote:

>> > You're welcome.
>> >
>> > What was you're question?

>> No real lawyer would use "you're" in place of your. Even my 8 YO
>> wouldn't do that.

> Of course he's a real lawyer! Here's his wikipedia page:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionel_Hutz
>
> :-)
>
> --
> Dan Abel
> Petaluma, California USA

Thank you for your support!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/14/2010 2:18 PM, Lionel Hutz, Esq. wrote:

> "Bryan" > wrote in message

>>> configurations
>>> burner.

>>> horizon,
>>> middle > of

>>> You're welcome.
>>>
>>> What was you're question?

>> No real lawyer would use "you're" in place of your. Even my 8 YO
>> wouldn't do that.
>>
>> --Bryan

There's no doubt that a real lawyer would use "your welcome" when they
really mean "you are welcome." or the contraction form "you're welcome."
Of course this would mean that they don't know the difference between
your/you're and therefore, not really into the common usage of English.
Regular folks make this mistake all the time but I would be skeptical of
any lawyer that wrote "Your welcome!"

> A spelling flame, Bobo? Really? That the best you got?
>
> BTW, why don't you go by Bobo any more? Give up on that punk rock star
> thing? The eyeglasses and middle-age paunch kind of destroy the image,
> don't they? Have you taken that boy to a ballgame yet?

Oooh - that's harsh! Then again, you are Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 9/14/2010 2:18 PM, Lionel Hutz, Esq. wrote:

>>> No real lawyer would use "you're" in place of your. Even my 8 YO
>>> wouldn't do that.
>>>
>>> --Bryan

> There's no doubt that a real lawyer would use "your welcome" when they
> really mean "you are welcome." or the contraction form "you're welcome."
> Of course this would mean that they don't know the difference between
> your/you're and therefore, not really into the common usage of English.
> Regular folks make this mistake all the time but I would be skeptical of
> any lawyer that wrote "Your welcome!"

Psst. He was talking about the second sentence/paragraph. Your welcome!
;-)~

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/14/2010 4:18 PM, Lionel Hutz, Esq. wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

>> There's no doubt that a real lawyer would use "your welcome" when they
>> really mean "you are welcome." or the contraction form "you're
>> welcome." Of course this would mean that they don't know the
>> difference between your/you're and therefore, not really into the
>> common usage of English. Regular folks make this mistake all the time
>> but I would be skeptical of any lawyer that wrote "Your welcome!"
>>

> Psst. He was talking about the second sentence/paragraph. Your welcome!
> ;-)~

Ha ha, I hate you. :-)