Posted to rec.food.cooking
isw isw is offline

Default My Buns Stuck

A couple of times lately, I've tried to put a bit of "brown" on soft
sandwich buns (which I think contain more sugar than some sorts of
bread), both on a hot grill, and in an electric buffet skillet where I
was cooking the sandwich innards. One time, I spread a bit of butter on
the cut sides of the buns, that other, I just wanted to use a bit of
grease that was in the pan.

Every time, the buns welded themselves to the hot metal, to the extent
that they had to be scraped off with a metal spatula, and the result
wasn't pretty.

So, how do I get them a bit toasty without the sticking (and, of course,
without using a regular toaster)?

Isaac
Posted to rec.food.cooking

isw > wrote in ]:

> A couple of times lately, I've tried to put a bit of "brown" on soft
> sandwich buns (which I think contain more sugar than some sorts of
> bread), both on a hot grill, and in an electric buffet skillet where I
> was cooking the sandwich innards. One time, I spread a bit of butter on
> the cut sides of the buns, that other, I just wanted to use a bit of
> grease that was in the pan.
>
> Every time, the buns welded themselves to the hot metal, to the extent
> that they had to be scraped off with a metal spatula, and the result
> wasn't pretty.
>
> So, how do I get them a bit toasty without the sticking (and, of course,
> without using a regular toaster)?

Use the toaster/griller portion of your stove.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

ACHTUNG! ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer
gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk,
blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken
bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-
pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das
blinkenlichten
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 04:41:03 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

> On Thu 02 Sep 2010 09:15:39p, isw told us...
>
> > A couple of times lately, I've tried to put a bit of "brown" on
> > soft sandwich buns (which I think contain more sugar than some
> > sorts of bread), both on a hot grill, and in an electric buffet
> > skillet where I was cooking the sandwich innards. One time, I
> > spread a bit of butter on the cut sides of the buns, that other, I
> > just wanted to use a bit of grease that was in the pan.
> >
> > Every time, the buns welded themselves to the hot metal, to the
> > extent that they had to be scraped off with a metal spatula, and
> > the result wasn't pretty.
> >
> > So, how do I get them a bit toasty without the sticking (and, of
> > course, without using a regular toaster)?
> >
> > Isaac
> >

> Use a non-stick pan, or spray a regular one with a non-stick coating
> like PAM.

I'm scratching my head over why his buns stick in the first place.
Maybe he shouldn't be putting anything on the cut side until he has
browned them. I just slap a naked bun on the grill or pan and don't
have a problem. It's never even occurred to me that it could happen.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 3, 12:15*am, isw > wrote:
> A couple of times lately, I've tried to put a bit of "brown" on soft
> sandwich buns (which I think contain more sugar than some sorts of
> bread), both on a hot grill, and in an electric buffet skillet where I
> was cooking the sandwich innards. One time, I spread a bit of butter on
> the cut sides of the buns, that other, I just wanted to use a bit of
> grease that was in the pan.
>
> Every time, the buns welded themselves to the hot metal, to the extent
> that they had to be scraped off with a metal spatula, and the result
> wasn't pretty.
>
> So, how do I get them a bit toasty without the sticking (and, of course,
> without using a regular toaster)?
>
> Isaac

I use the topbrown setting of my toaster oven for one minute - I can
get a bit of crust on the inner sides, but the outer remains soft.
(No roof-of-mouth-barking.)

My lid was stuck! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 62 24-02-2016 05:20 PM
Stuck mlf ?? Wino-Nouveau Winemaking 0 06-12-2006 04:03 PM
Stuck? Hoss Winemaking 5 07-12-2004 12:37 AM
how "stuck" is stuck? LG1111 Winemaking 26 16-11-2004 06:44 PM
Stuck (really!) Jonathan Acey Albert Winemaking 14 19-11-2003 10:34 PM