Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default the Lord and the President

Alan S wrote:

> For those unaware, Australia has a Prime Minister (or it will
> shortly, when all the votes are re-counted), not a President.

If I understand correctly, it looks as if Australia having a Prime
Minister currently depends on negotiations with members of parliament
who don't belong to a major party.

Perhaps the post was intended for soc.history.what-if, which deals
with alternate history?

--
Dan Goodman
"I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 22:47:27 -0500, "Dan Goodman" >
wrote:

> If I understand correctly, it looks as if Australia having a Prime
> Minister currently depends on negotiations with members of parliament
> who don't belong to a major party.

Sounds like what Obama did for the last two years when he should have
thumbed his nose at the opposition and done what was right.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 22:47:27 -0500, "Dan Goodman"
> > wrote:
>
> > If I understand correctly, it looks as if Australia having a Prime
> > Minister currently depends on negotiations with members of
> > parliament who don't belong to a major party.

> Sounds like what Obama did for the last two years when he should
> have thumbed his nose at the opposition and done what was right.

No. The negotiations are with legislators WHO DO NOT BELONG TO A
MAJOR PARTY.

Obama's negotations have been with members of a major party.

--
Dan Goodman
"I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."
Tennessee Williams, A Streetcar Named Expire
Journal dsgood.dreamwidth.org (livejournal.com, insanejournal.com)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 22:44:59 -0700, sf wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 22:47:27 -0500, "Dan Goodman" >
> wrote:
>
>> If I understand correctly, it looks as if Australia having a Prime
>> Minister currently depends on negotiations with members of parliament
>> who don't belong to a major party.

> Sounds like what Obama did for the last two years when he should have
> thumbed his nose at the opposition and done what was right.

i guess i'm not the only one who wishes he *were* more of a by-god chicago
thug. seeing mitch mcconnel bitch-slapped would be immensely satisfying.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:04:23 -0400, blake murphy
> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 22:44:59 -0700, sf wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 22:47:27 -0500, "Dan Goodman" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> If I understand correctly, it looks as if Australia having a Prime
> >> Minister currently depends on negotiations with members of parliament
> >> who don't belong to a major party.

> > Sounds like what Obama did for the last two years when he should have
> > thumbed his nose at the opposition and done what was right.

> i guess i'm not the only one who wishes he *were* more of a by-god chicago
> thug. seeing mitch mcconnel bitch-slapped would be immensely satisfying.

I have a sinking feeling that time has passed. One golden opportunity
down the drain.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:36:18 -0700, sf wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:04:23 -0400, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 22:44:59 -0700, sf wrote:

>>> Sounds like what Obama did for the last two years when he should have
>>> thumbed his nose at the opposition and done what was right.

>> i guess i'm not the only one who wishes he *were* more of a by-god chicago
>> thug. seeing mitch mcconnel bitch-slapped would be immensely satisfying.
>>

> I have a sinking feeling that time has passed. One golden opportunity
> down the drain.

maybe for a fund-raiser or something.

your pal,
blake