Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Panasonic SR-TMB10 5-1/2-Cup Rice Cooker/Warmer, Silver

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SR-T.../dp/B000EIASGE

I am amzed that this rice cooker has such a good review?

Anyone owns it and like it?

NOTE: I will not read posts with irrelevant drivels by those who have
nothing better to do with their time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
> http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SR-T.../dp/B000EIASGE
>
> I am amzed that this rice cooker has such a good review?
>
> Anyone owns it and like it?
>
> NOTE: I will not read posts with irrelevant drivels by those who have
> nothing better to do with their time.

Why are you amazed this particular cooker has such good reviews?

Jinx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jinx Minx" > wrote in message

> "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
>> http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SR-T.../dp/B000EIASGE
>>
>> I am amzed that this rice cooker has such a good review?
>>
>> Anyone owns it and like it?
>>
>> NOTE: I will not read posts with irrelevant drivels by those who have
>> nothing better to do with their time.

> Why are you amazed this particular cooker has such good reviews?
>
> Jinx

Jinx,
This is just another attempt at 'look at me' from the original poster. If
it would start a whole thread in which he/she/it could be the center of
attention the poster would be 'amazed' that the sun rose. Responding to any
Manda Ruby posts is like tossing a Billy goat Gruff under the bridge to the
troll.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 18, 12:12*pm, "Jinx Minx" > wrote:
> "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message

> >http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SR-T...Silver/dp/B000...

> > I am amzed that this rice cooker has such a good review?

> > Anyone owns it and like it?

> > NOTE: I will not read posts with irrelevant drivels by those who have
> > nothing better to do with their time.

> Why are you amazed this particular cooker has such good reviews?
> .
> Jinx

I have one. For white rice (basmati), after it is cooked, the warn
feature makes it dry. For brown basmatic rice, when cooked it's hard.
If I added more water, ithe rice is left watery. I think that people
who get good results do not use basmati rice. I only eat basmati
though I buy Jasmine (like once a year) when I cook for a bunch of
people, following a particular recipe. I don;t see myself doing that
anymore. If I cook for a bunch of people, it won't involve rice
anymore
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message

> "Jinx Minx" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
>>> http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SR-T.../dp/B000EIASGE
>>>
>>> I am amzed that this rice cooker has such a good review?
>>>
>>> Anyone owns it and like it?
>>>
>>> NOTE: I will not read posts with irrelevant drivels by those who have
>>> nothing better to do with their time.

>> Why are you amazed this particular cooker has such good reviews?
>>
>> Jinx
>>

> Jinx,
> This is just another attempt at 'look at me' from the original poster. If
> it would start a whole thread in which he/she/it could be the center of
> attention the poster would be 'amazed' that the sun rose. Responding to
> any Manda Ruby posts is like tossing a Billy goat Gruff under the bridge
> to the troll.
> -ginny

I know, I just couldn't help myself! I'm easily amused.

Jinx

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Aug 18, 1:10 pm, Manda Ruby > wrote:

> I have one. For white rice (basmati), after it is cooked, the warn
> feature makes it dry. For brown basmatic rice, when cooked it's hard.
> If I added more water, ithe rice is left watery. I think that people
> who get good results do not use basmati rice.

I don't know that particular cooker but I'd suggest you try soaking
the basmati first for 20-30 minutes in cold water. Then drain and use
the cooker in the normal way. Start with a 2:1 ratio of cooking water
to rice and adjust if necessary on subsequent uses. That should take
care of any 'hard' or 'dry' results. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>> I have one. For white rice (basmati), after it is cooked, the warn
>> feature makes it dry.

Any rice cooker will scorch the bottom of the rice if you let it sit
on the warm cycle long enough.

Didn't a perforated steamer plate or steamer basket come with it? My
older than dirt on/off rice cooker has a steamer plate and that's how
I reheat rice if I use the rice cooker to do it. You don't even need
to measure the water. Just keep it below the rice.

>> For brown basmatic rice, when cooked it's hard.
>> If I added more water, ithe rice is left watery.

I don't have that problem with my old fashioned rice cooker (it's not
electronic) and I don't think you should with with yours either. If
you add too much water, your rice should turn mushy (the old fashioned
way).

--

Carrot cake counts as a serving of vegetables.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 18, 2:51*pm, aem > wrote:
> On Aug 18, 1:10 pm, Manda Ruby > wrote:
>
> > *I have one. For white rice (basmati), after it is cooked, the warn
> > feature makes it dry. For brown basmatic rice, when cooked it's hard.
> > If I added more water, ithe rice is left watery. *I think that people
> > who get good results do not use basmati rice.

> I don't know that particular cooker but I'd suggest you try soaking
> the basmati first for 20-30 minutes in cold water. *Then drain and use
> the cooker in the normal way. *Start with a 2:1 ratio of cooking water
> to rice and adjust if necessary on subsequent uses. *That should take
> care of any 'hard' or 'dry' results. * * -aem

I think I tried that once but I will try again. I do know that basmati
rice is supposed to be soaked for 20-30 mins for best reault.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
> NOTE: I will not read posts with irrelevant drivels by those who have
> nothing better to do with their time.

You totally do...hahaha.
That would include you, also, you irrelevant driveler you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

amandaF replied to aem:

>> I don't know that particular cooker but I'd suggest you try soaking the
>> basmati first for 20-30 minutes in cold water. Then drain and use the
>> cooker in the normal way. Start with a 2:1 ratio of cooking water to rice
>> and adjust if necessary on subsequent uses. That should take care of any
>> 'hard' or 'dry' results. -aem

> I think I tried that once but I will try again. I do know that basmati
> rice is supposed to be soaked for 20-30 mins for best reault.

Are you washing it well before soaking? That's an important step, and it can
be tricky because basmati rice is a bit fragile and you don't want to break
the grains.

Indians soak basmati rice in plain cool water; Persians soak in salted
water. Either way will work as far as texture goes, but of course the
Persian rice will be saltier, which may or may not be desirable.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:02:10 -0700 (PDT), Manda Ruby wrote:

> http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SR-T.../dp/B000EIASGE
>
> I am amzed that this rice cooker has such a good review?
>
> Anyone owns it and like it?
>
> NOTE: I will not read posts with irrelevant drivels by those who have
> nothing better to do with their time.

how will you know they're irrelevant drivels until you read them?

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 13:10:48 -0700 (PDT), Manda Ruby wrote:

> On Aug 18, 12:12*pm, "Jinx Minx" > wrote:
>> "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message

>>>http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SR-T...Silver/dp/B000...

>>> I am amzed that this rice cooker has such a good review?

>>> Anyone owns it and like it?

>>> NOTE: I will not read posts with irrelevant drivels by those who have
>>> nothing better to do with their time.

>> Why are you amazed this particular cooker has such good reviews?
>> .
>> Jinx

> I have one. For white rice (basmati), after it is cooked, the warn
> feature makes it dry. For brown basmatic rice, when cooked it's hard.
> If I added more water, ithe rice is left watery. I think that people
> who get good results do not use basmati rice. I only eat basmati
> though I buy Jasmine (like once a year) when I cook for a bunch of
> people, following a particular recipe. I don;t see myself doing that
> anymore. If I cook for a bunch of people, it won't involve rice
> anymore

if you have one and don't like it, what do you care what other people think
about it? or are you just looking for another chance to call people
stupid?

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:02:10 -0700 (PDT), Manda Ruby wrote:
>
>> http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SR-T.../dp/B000EIASGE
>>
>> I am amzed that this rice cooker has such a good review?
>>
>> Anyone owns it and like it?
>>
>> NOTE: I will not read posts with irrelevant drivels by those who have
>> nothing better to do with their time.

> how will you know they're irrelevant drivels until you read them?

lol
https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Manda Ruby wrote:
> http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SR-T.../dp/B000EIASGE
>
> I am amzed that this rice cooker has such a good review?
>
> Anyone owns it and like it?
>
> NOTE: I will not read posts with irrelevant drivels by those who have
> nothing better to do with their time.

unless you read them, how will you know which have "irrelevant drivels"?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 19, 8:21*am, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 13:10:48 -0700 (PDT), Manda Ruby wrote:

> >> Why are you amazed this particular cooker has such good reviews?
> >> .
> >> Jinx

> > *I have one. For white rice (basmati), after it is cooked, the warn
> > feature makes it dry. For brown basmatic rice, when cooked it's hard.
> > If I added more water, ithe rice is left watery. *I think that people
> > who get good results do not use basmati rice. *I only eat basmati
> > though I buy Jasmine (like once a year) when I cook for a bunch of
> > people, following a particular recipe. I don;t see myself doing that
> > anymore. If I cook for a bunch of people, it won't involve rice
> > anymore

> if you have one and don't like it, what do you care what other people think
> about it? *or are you just looking for another chance to call people
> stupid?

this is the one-year anniversary of the first time she complained on
rfc about the difficulty of making basmati rice in her rice cooker.
Maybe she's nostalgic.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
> http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SR-T.../dp/B000EIASGE
>
> I am amzed that this rice cooker has such a good review?

No don't own one but based upon the versatility it important to understand
the design is probably for the Asian market where the cooking elements
within the average home are Very Very different form and average American
kitchen.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Aug 19, 10:50 am, spamtrap1888 > wrote:

> this is the one-year anniversary of the first time she complained on
> rfc about the difficulty of making basmati rice in her rice cooker.
> Maybe she's nostalgic.

How do you know a thing like that? Not doubting, just curious. -
aem
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
>> I am amzed that this rice cooker has such a good review?

> No don't own one but based upon the versatility it important to understand
> the design is probably for the Asian market where the cooking elements
> within the average home are Very Very different form and average American
> kitchen.
>
> Dimitri

Well done!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 19, 11:07*am, aem > wrote:
> On Aug 19, 10:50 am, spamtrap1888 > wrote:
>

> > this is the one-year anniversary of the first time she complained on
> > rfc about the difficulty of making basmati rice in her rice cooker.
> > Maybe she's nostalgic.

> How do you know a thing like that? *Not doubting, just curious. * * *-
> aem

First answer for

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ma...smati&oe=utf-8
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 19, 11:07*am, aem > wrote:
> On Aug 19, 10:50 am, spamtrap1888 > wrote:
>

> > this is the one-year anniversary of the first time she complained on
> > rfc about the difficulty of making basmati rice in her rice cooker.
> > Maybe she's nostalgic.

> How do you know a thing like that? *Not doubting, just curious. * * *-
> aem

First answer for

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ma...smati&oe=utf-8

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 18, 3:02*pm, Manda Ruby > wrote:
> http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SR-T...Silver/dp/B000...
>
> I am amzed that this rice cooker has such a good review?
>
> Anyone owns it and like it?
>
> NOTE: I will not read posts with irrelevant drivels by those who have
> nothing better to do with their time.

Hey, everybody.

Since Manda has trouble with her blood sugar, I think it
would be irresponsible to provide any answer that would
enable her to eat rice.

We should take better care of her.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
On Aug 18, 3:02 pm, Manda Ruby > wrote:
> http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SR-T...Silver/dp/B000...
>
> I am amzed that this rice cooker has such a good review?
>
> Anyone owns it and like it?
>
> NOTE: I will not read posts with irrelevant drivels by those who have
> nothing better to do with their time.

Hey, everybody.

Since Manda has trouble with her blood sugar, I think it
would be irresponsible to provide any answer that would
enable her to eat rice.

We should take better care of her.

Cindy Hamilton

Damn, Cindy, you're right. Shame they don't offer gluco-tabs in rice flavor
.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 21:56:40 -0400, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> wrote:

> she went off on that, saying she didn't need a doctor.

Doesn't she also have doctors in the family? She could get plenty of
free advice if she was willing to take it. She's just talking through
her hat most of the time.

--

Carrot cake counts as a serving of vegetables.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:21:23 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888 wrote:

> On Aug 19, 11:07*am, aem > wrote:
>> On Aug 19, 10:50 am, spamtrap1888 > wrote:
>>

>>> this is the one-year anniversary of the first time she complained on
>>> rfc about the difficulty of making basmati rice in her rice cooker.
>>> Maybe she's nostalgic.

>> How do you know a thing like that? *Not doubting, just curious. * * *-
>> aem

> First answer for
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ma...smati&oe=utf-8

....and sure enough:

Manda Ruby
From: Manda Ruby >
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 15:13:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cooking brown basmati rice

On Aug 25, 10:29 am, "cybercat" > wrote:

> "Doug Freyburger" > wrote in message

> > Manda Ruby > wrote:

> >> The rice cooker I bought with multiple feature was useless for brown
> >> rice.

> > I don't understand this.

> Manda is an idiot. I don't even use a rice cooker and my brown basmati rice
> is perfect.

So you are saying that what's perfect for you should be perfect for
me. You are the idiot.

*

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 13:07:55 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Aug 18, 3:02*pm, Manda Ruby > wrote:
>> http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-SR-T...Silver/dp/B000...
>>
>> I am amzed that this rice cooker has such a good review?
>>
>> Anyone owns it and like it?
>>
>> NOTE: I will not read posts with irrelevant drivels by those who have
>> nothing better to do with their time.

> Hey, everybody.
>
> Since Manda has trouble with her blood sugar, I think it
> would be irresponsible to provide any answer that would
> enable her to eat rice.
>
> We should take better care of her.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

<snort>

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Giusi" > wrote in message

> "Dimitri" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> "Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
>>> I am amzed that this rice cooker has such a good review?

>> No don't own one but based upon the versatility it important to
>> understand the design is probably for the Asian market where the cooking
>> elements within the average home are Very Very different form and average
>> American kitchen.
>>
>> Dimitri

> Well done!

One of the Biggest Marketing disasters in History.

http://www.culturalsavvy.com/marketing_in_japan.htm

http://faculty.quinnipiac.edu/charm/...5%20knight.pdf

American Marketing Genius.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/18/2010 6:23 PM, sf wrote:

>>> I have one. For white rice (basmati), after it is cooked, the warn
>>> feature makes it dry.

> Any rice cooker will scorch the bottom of the rice if you let it sit
> on the warm cycle long enough.

Mine doesn't. Eventually it dries out but it doesn't scorch. Benefits
of induction I guess.

> Didn't a perforated steamer plate or steamer basket come with it? My
> older than dirt on/off rice cooker has a steamer plate and that's how
> I reheat rice if I use the rice cooker to do it. You don't even need
> to measure the water. Just keep it below the rice.
>
>>> For brown basmatic rice, when cooked it's hard.
>>> If I added more water, ithe rice is left watery.

> I don't have that problem with my old fashioned rice cooker (it's not
> electronic) and I don't think you should with with yours either. If
> you add too much water, your rice should turn mushy (the old fashioned
> way).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 20, 8:05*am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> "Giusi" > wrote in message

> >> No don't own one but based upon the versatility it important to
> >> understand the design is probably for the Asian market where the cooking
> >> elements within the average home are Very Very different form and average
> >> American kitchen.

> >> Dimitri

> > Well done!

> One of the Biggest Marketing disasters in History.
>
> http://www.culturalsavvy.com/marketing_in_japan.htm
>
> http://faculty.quinnipiac.edu/charm/.../CHARM%20artic...
>
> American Marketing Genius.

Dude they tried but failed. There was only one way for housewives to
bake a cake in Japan -- the need to occasionally be able to bake a
cake at home might well have outweighed the need to store rice for
days at a time. An inner pot for cakes only would have been another
solution. And I also doubt that vanilla or chocolate odors can
permeate aluminum or stainless steel.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> Any rice cooker will scorch the bottom of the rice if you let it sit
> on the warm cycle long enough.

The claim to fame of the "fuzzy logic" models is they don't do that.

> Didn't a perforated steamer plate or steamer basket come with it? My
> older than dirt on/off rice cooker has a steamer plate and that's how
> I reheat rice if I use the rice cooker to do it. You don't even need
> to measure the water. Just keep it below the rice.

I only use that in mine to steam veggies. Nice recipe, thanks.