Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Squeaks has a problem

Heya folks,

I am here with Koko and Squeaks. Squeaks has a problem. She has this
middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. There is
no rhyme or reason to it... However it seems to pop up when Koko and
I disagree with her.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 6, 8:51*pm, Christine Dabney > wrote:
> Heya folks,
>
> I am here with Koko and Squeaks. * Squeaks has a problem. She has this
> middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. *There is
> no rhyme or reason to it... *However it seems to pop up when Koko and
> I disagree with her. *

I assume these are the r.f.c posters, and not two kittens you are
catsitting.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/6/2010 21:51, Christine Dabney wrote:
> Heya folks,
>
> I am here with Koko and Squeaks. Squeaks has a problem. She has this
> middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. There is
> no rhyme or reason to it... However it seems to pop up when Koko and
> I disagree with her.

A stout pair of kitchen shears should take care of it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 22:03:55 -0600, Pennyaline
> wrote:

>On 8/6/2010 21:51, Christine Dabney wrote:
>> Heya folks,
>>
>> I am here with Koko and Squeaks. Squeaks has a problem. She has this
>> middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. There is
>> no rhyme or reason to it... However it seems to pop up when Koko and
>> I disagree with her.

>A stout pair of kitchen shears should take care of it.

Squeaks says shear provication, my kitchen my rules.
Little does she know there is a mutiny afoot.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 08/02/10
Watkins natural spices
www.apinchofspices.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> Heya folks,
>
> I am here with Koko and Squeaks. Squeaks has a problem. She has this
> middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. There is
> no rhyme or reason to it... However it seems to pop up when Koko and
> I disagree with her.
>
> Christine

Hmmmm, I've never seen a picture of Squeaks wearing glasses...

Boli

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 22:03:55 -0600, Pennyaline
> > wrote:
>
> >On 8/6/2010 21:51, Christine Dabney wrote:
> >> Heya folks,
> >>
> >> I am here with Koko and Squeaks. Squeaks has a problem. She has this
> >> middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. There is
> >> no rhyme or reason to it... However it seems to pop up when Koko and
> >> I disagree with her.

> >A stout pair of kitchen shears should take care of it.

> Squeaks says shear provication, my kitchen my rules.
> Little does she know there is a mutiny afoot.

I take it the limoncello is gone? Hopefully Bill has confiscated the
car keys?

:-)

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 22:34:25 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:

>I take it the limoncello is gone? Hopefully Bill has confiscated the
>car keys?
>
>:-)

We haven't even touched the limoncello yet. She says she has 3
bottles of the stuff. She has been plying us with wine, and other
goodies. There is this wonderful stuff she got from Gelsons, called
Okra Chips. They are going fast.

Koko and I came from a distance, so we had to stay somewhere
overnight. We looked and sounded pitiful, so Squeaks took pity on us
and made us stay overnight.

I am awake and they are all wimps and going to bed now. Leaving me
here to post about our goings on, and they can't rebut me til the
morning.. Hahahahaha...

Made a green olive tapendade and fresh mozzarella pizza tonight for
dinner. This is wonderful...Pics to be posted later. Squeaks made
this Craig Claiborne chocolate dessert which is really decadent. We
had a few of Koko's chorizo stuff dates to start. Plenty of wine, beer
and other potables.

Squeaks and Koko are going to roust me out of my comfortable bed at an
ungodly hour and take me to the farmers market tomorrow morning. They
have no concept of what is too early... They say I have to get up to
be there when it first starts. Which is 8-9am. I remind them that I
am a night worker and that morning is anathema to me, and they just
laugh and tell me all the good stuff will be gone an hour or so later.

The things I do for these folks.....

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 20:51:11 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

> Heya folks,
>
> I am here with Koko and Squeaks. Squeaks has a problem. She has this
> middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. There is
> no rhyme or reason to it... However it seems to pop up when Koko and
> I disagree with her.

Chris... this seems to be a serious situation. Hopefully it is
covered under Obamacare with no pubic option.

--

Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote about Squeaks' finger:

> Chris... this seems to be a serious situation. Hopefully it is
> covered under Obamacare with no pubic option.

PUBIC option? You did NOT just go there!

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine wrote:

> Made a green olive tapendade and fresh mozzarella pizza tonight for
> dinner. This is wonderful...Pics to be posted later. Squeaks made
> this Craig Claiborne chocolate dessert which is really decadent. We
> had a few of Koko's chorizo stuff dates to start. Plenty of wine, beer
> and other potables.

I'm with you in spirit!

> Squeaks and Koko are going to roust me out of my comfortable bed at an
> ungodly hour and take me to the farmers market tomorrow morning. They
> have no concept of what is too early... They say I have to get up to
> be there when it first starts. Which is 8-9am. I remind them that I
> am a night worker and that morning is anathema to me, and they just
> laugh and tell me all the good stuff will be gone an hour or so later.
>
> The things I do for these folks.....

Best thing to do is stay up, and roust *them* out around 4:30. The early
bird gets the worm, and (all innocent) you want to beat the traffic, don't
you?

If you've got any of that tapenade left, put it into a potato omelet[1] for
breakfast, and make almond mochas to go with it.

Bob
[1] I think an actual omelet with a potato-tapenade filling would be better
than a frittata with tapenade and potatoes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 23:15:40 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 20:51:11 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:
>
>> Heya folks,
>>
>> I am here with Koko and Squeaks. Squeaks has a problem. She has this
>> middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. There is
>> no rhyme or reason to it... However it seems to pop up when Koko and
>> I disagree with her.
>>

>Chris... this seems to be a serious situation. Hopefully it is
>covered under Obamacare with no pubic option.

We shall find out. The weekend is only beginning. I am sure Squeaks
had great medical insurance.

OB food. Just finishing up a slice of a rich decadent chocolate
dessert that Squeaks made from a Craig Claiborne recipe, from his book
on southern cooking. She whipped it up this afternoon when I was
stuck in LA traffic, which made a 2 hour journey from Bakersfield take
5-6 hours. Probably less, but I stopped at Penzeys to get some
stuff, and that doesn't count.

Christine, who hears that there is special jam for tomorrows
breakfast.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-08-07, Christine Dabney > wrote:

> I am here with Koko and Squeaks. Squeaks has a problem. She has this
> middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. There is
> no rhyme or reason to it... However it seems to pop up when Koko and
> I disagree with her.

Whenever faced with a similar situation, specially in kitchen
environments, I find throwing things to be an effective deterrent.
Flour seems to be most effective, it providing an excellent distraction
while searching for a sharp edged alternative.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 23:03:05 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 22:34:25 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:
>

>>I take it the limoncello is gone? Hopefully Bill has confiscated the
>>car keys?
>>
>>:-)

>We haven't even touched the limoncello yet. She says she has 3
>bottles of the stuff. She has been plying us with wine, and other
>goodies. There is this wonderful stuff she got from Gelsons, called
>Okra Chips. They are going fast.
>
>Koko and I came from a distance, so we had to stay somewhere
>overnight. We looked and sounded pitiful, so Squeaks took pity on us
>and made us stay overnight.

For which we are eternally grateful, no wondering around in a
drunk...ahem, tired stupor looking for lodging.

>I am awake and they are all wimps and going to bed now. Leaving me
>here to post about our goings on, and they can't rebut me til the
>morning.. Hahahahaha...

Hahahahah smarty, it's 7:09 am. I am the first one up and I read
everything you posted last night. I think I can get Squeaks to pull
some boarding school tricks on you yet.

>Made a green olive tapendade and fresh mozzarella pizza tonight for
>dinner. This is wonderful...Pics to be posted later.

It is so delicious, I'm looking forward to eating some leftovers
today. I mean it_really_is delicious.

>Squeaks made this Craig Claiborne chocolate dessert which is really decadent.

Truly decadent. Funny though, when we pulled it out of the fridge
there was a huge bite of the filling missing. I know nothing, I see
nothing. ;-)

>We had a few of Koko's chorizo stuff dates to start.

They were really great even though I used a different chorizo than I'm
used to. I made them for Bill as he requested them. I think we all
enjoyed them, it has been a while since we had them.

>Plenty of wine, beer and other potables.

Oh yes.

>Squeaks and Koko are going to roust me out of my comfortable bed at an
>ungodly hour and take me to the farmers market tomorrow morning. They
>have no concept of what is too early... They say I have to get up to
>be there when it first starts. Which is 8-9am. I remind them that I
>am a night worker and that morning is anathema to me, and they just
>laugh and tell me all the good stuff will be gone an hour or so later.

As soon as I get my shower, you are being rousted out of bed. I'll be
gentle pulling you down the stairs. Dang, I wish Squeaks had a sled,
we'd just put you on it and give it a little push, just watch out
where the stairs take a turn, it could be a little tricky. Just think
luge and you'll be fine. ;-)

>The things I do for these folks.....

I know, and we so appreciate you. NOW GET UP!!!!

>Christine

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 08/02/10
Watkins natural spices
www.apinchofspices.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 23:30:42 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Christine wrote:
>
>> Made a green olive tapendade and fresh mozzarella pizza tonight for
>> dinner. This is wonderful...Pics to be posted later. Squeaks made
>> this Craig Claiborne chocolate dessert which is really decadent. We
>> had a few of Koko's chorizo stuff dates to start. Plenty of wine, beer
>> and other potables.

>I'm with you in spirit!
>

>> Squeaks and Koko are going to roust me out of my comfortable bed at an
>> ungodly hour and take me to the farmers market tomorrow morning. They
>> have no concept of what is too early... They say I have to get up to
>> be there when it first starts. Which is 8-9am. I remind them that I
>> am a night worker and that morning is anathema to me, and they just
>> laugh and tell me all the good stuff will be gone an hour or so later.
>>
>> The things I do for these folks.....

>Best thing to do is stay up, and roust *them* out around 4:30. The early
>bird gets the worm, and (all innocent) you want to beat the traffic, don't
>you?

Don't know what time she finally went to bed but I don't hear any
footsteps coming from upstairs yet.

>If you've got any of that tapenade left, put it into a potato omelet[1] for
>breakfast, and make almond mochas to go with it.

That sounds like a wonderful idea.

>Bob
>[1] I think an actual omelet with a potato-tapenade filling would be better
>than a frittata with tapenade and potatoes.

You are missed.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 08/02/10
Watkins natural spices
www.apinchofspices.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 00:33:15 -0400, "bolivar" >
wrote:

>"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Heya folks,
>>
>> I am here with Koko and Squeaks. Squeaks has a problem. She has this
>> middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. There is
>> no rhyme or reason to it... However it seems to pop up when Koko and
>> I disagree with her.
>>
>> Christine

>Hmmmm, I've never seen a picture of Squeaks wearing glasses...
>
>Boli

I think it is a natural reflex from pre contact days. ;-)

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 08/02/10
Watkins natural spices
www.apinchofspices.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 13:58:40 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2010-08-07, Christine Dabney > wrote:
>
>> I am here with Koko and Squeaks. Squeaks has a problem. She has this
>> middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. There is
>> no rhyme or reason to it... However it seems to pop up when Koko and
>> I disagree with her.

>Whenever faced with a similar situation, specially in kitchen
>environments, I find throwing things to be an effective deterrent.
>Flour seems to be most effective, it providing an excellent distraction
>while searching for a sharp edged alternative.
>
>nb

Dang, now you tell me after I knocked a gin and tonic off the counter
top onto the travertine tile floor.
I was helping Christine by unwrapping her pizza stone. Rats, and it
was Tanqueray too.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 08/02/10
Watkins natural spices
www.apinchofspices.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 20:51:11 -0700, Christine Dabney wrote:

> Heya folks,
>
> I am here with Koko and Squeaks. Squeaks has a problem. She has this
> middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. There is
> no rhyme or reason to it... However it seems to pop up when Koko and
> I disagree with her.
>
> Christine

digital tourette's.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> Heya folks,
>
> I am here with Koko and Squeaks. Squeaks has a problem. She has this
> middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. There is
> no rhyme or reason to it... However it seems to pop up when Koko and
> I disagree with her.
>
> Christine

Slip her a muscle relaxant and a margarita.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Aug 7, 7:31*am, koko > wrote:

You guys sound like you are having waaaaaaaaay too much fun.

Here's a recipe for Lavender Limoncello Cookies you should try since
you have the
Limoncello.

* ½ cup butter
* 1 cup white sugar
* 2 Tbsp. dried Lavender flowers
* 2 Lemons, zest & juice
* 1 egg
* 2 Tbsp. Limoncello liqueur
* 2 tsp. baking powder
* 2 cups + white flour

Set oven @ 350° F.
Blend butter, sugar & Lavender.
Add in lemon zest & juice then the egg & Limoncello.
Blend in the 2 cups flour & the baking powder next.
Dough should be soft but not oily.
Add more flour by the TBSP if needed.
Roll into 2 logs in wax paper. Chill 20 minutes.
Slice into ½ inch thick rounds, makes approx 30-36.
Bake 10-15 minutes max, “bottoms” pale gold.

Post some pictures of your goings on!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:

> You are missed.

Believe me, I would *much* rather be there than here!

BTW, Lin and I might be in SoCal in mid-to-late October. Plans are still
very tentative, though.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-08-07, koko > wrote:

> I was helping Christine by unwrapping her pizza stone. Rats, and it
> was Tanqueray too.

Better a G&T than the pizza stone. Lord knows the stone will crack
soon enough.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 7, 1:03*am, Christine Dabney > wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 22:34:25 -0700, Dan Abel > wrote:
> >I take it the limoncello is gone? *Hopefully Bill has confiscated the
> >car keys?

> >:-)

> We haven't even touched the limoncello yet. *She says she has 3
> bottles of the stuff. *She has been plying us with wine, and other
> goodies. *There is this wonderful stuff she got from Gelsons, called
> Okra Chips. *They are going fast. *
>
> Koko and I came from a distance, so we had to stay somewhere
> overnight. *We looked and sounded pitiful, so Squeaks took pity on us
> and made us stay overnight.
>
> I am awake and they are all wimps and going to bed *now. *Leaving me
> here to post about our goings on, and they can't rebut me til the
> morning.. Hahahahaha...
>
> Made a green olive tapendade and fresh mozzarella pizza tonight for
> dinner. *This is wonderful...Pics to be posted later. * *Squeaks made
> this Craig Claiborne chocolate dessert which is really decadent. * We
> had a few of Koko's chorizo stuff dates to start. Plenty of wine, beer
> and other potables. *
>
> Squeaks and Koko are going to roust me out of my comfortable bed at an
> ungodly hour and take me to the farmers market tomorrow morning. *They
> have no concept of what is too early... *They say I have to get up to
> be there when it first starts. *Which is 8-9am. *I remind them that I
> am a night worker and that morning is anathema to me, and they just
> laugh and tell me all the good stuff will be gone an hour or so later.
>
> The things I do for these folks.....
>
> Christine

Chris, I am relly excited about the Praline recipe, and plan to make
it and try it out on friends next week.I think I will not tell them
anything about them ..... until they try them.
I am also planning to ake a great goat cheese appetizer and several
other goodies.

Thanks, Rosie
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 09:43:59 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>koko wrote:
>
>> You are missed.

>Believe me, I would *much* rather be there than here!
>
>BTW, Lin and I might be in SoCal in mid-to-late October. Plans are still
>very tentative, though.

In that case, I'll bet I can drag Koko back up for a get together.
Lemmeno when your plans firm - I love meeting other RFCers!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 07:25:59 -0700, koko > wrote:

>>Hmmmm, I've never seen a picture of Squeaks wearing glasses...
>>
>>Boli
>>

>I think it is a natural reflex from pre contact days. ;-)

It's a natural reflex, all right...

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 07:31:36 -0700, koko > wrote:

>Dang, now you tell me after I knocked a gin and tonic off the counter
>top onto the travertine tile floor.
>I was helping Christine by unwrapping her pizza stone. Rats, and it
>was Tanqueray too.

The *hell* with the gin - that was an authentic English pub pint
glass! (and now all the world knows you *really* know how to drink a
gin and tonic)

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd...flipping through a pubware website

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 07:23:04 -0700, koko > wrote:

>Hahahahah smarty, it's 7:09 am. I am the first one up and I read
>everything you posted last night. I think I can get Squeaks to pull
>some boarding school tricks on you yet.

You're all talk.

>It is so delicious, I'm looking forward to eating some leftovers
>today. I mean it_really_is delicious.

Koko just ate almost all of the pizza leftovers. She let me have a
slice.

>Truly decadent. Funny though, when we pulled it out of the fridge
>there was a huge bite of the filling missing. I know nothing, I see
>nothing. ;-)

Now who would have gotten into that?

>As soon as I get my shower, you are being rousted out of bed. I'll be
>gentle pulling you down the stairs. Dang, I wish Squeaks had a sled,
>we'd just put you on it and give it a little push, just watch out
>where the stairs take a turn, it could be a little tricky. Just think
>luge and you'll be fine. ;-)

So you say.

>I know, and we so appreciate you. NOW GET UP!!!!

Thanks for letting me sleep late...NOT!!!

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 11:41:24 -0400, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 20:51:11 -0700, Christine Dabney wrote:
>
>> Heya folks,
>>
>> I am here with Koko and Squeaks. Squeaks has a problem. She has this
>> middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. There is
>> no rhyme or reason to it... However it seems to pop up when Koko and
>> I disagree with her.
>>
>> Christine

>digital tourette's.

<pounding the desk and wiping my eyes> Blake, that's one of the
funniest things I've ever heard...and I'm stealing it at the first
available opportunity!

Christine is working her ass off in the kitchen while Koko and I
peruse the ng. Our turn will come soon enough. Bought an absolutely
*gorgeous* wild salmon filet (pictures will no doubt be available from
my two bloggers shortly) at Irvine Ranch Market on our way back from
the farmer's market. Intend to grill it with my Secret Seafood
Barbecue Sauce (below). We had 5 reusable shopping bags absolutely
overflowing with goodies. And Dimitri's on notice: we bought a bunch
of Schreiner's sausages: Portuguese sausage, natural wood smoke
Thuringer, Landjager, summer sausage and smoked breakfast sausage. Yer
rep is on the line, aulde son.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Barbecue Fish Sauce

barbecue, sauces

1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup onion; chopped
3/4 cup catsup
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons Sugar
3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
2 teaspoons Salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Saute onion in oil in medium heavy saucepan over medium-high heat
until limp. Combine with all ingredients and simmer 10 - 15 mins.

Very nice with delcate fish such as salmon and mahi mahi.

Contributor: Ellen Presley

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 20:51:11 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>Heya folks,
>
>I am here with Koko and Squeaks. Squeaks has a problem. She has this
>middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. There is
>no rhyme or reason to it... However it seems to pop up when Koko and
>I disagree with her.
>
>Christine

We finally got Christine off to the Farmer's Market this morning. We
had such a great time and are resting a bit before starting in on the
beautiful food we bought. Oh I can't wait until the salmon is off the
grill tonight.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/koko181...7624674590540/

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 08/02/10
Watkins natural spices
www.apinchofspices.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko > wrote in news:v8rq569bf36iqr5v4pgscksqbhu99qim35@
4ax.com:

> On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 13:58:40 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
>>On 2010-08-07, Christine Dabney > wrote:
>>
>>> I am here with Koko and Squeaks. Squeaks has a problem. She has this
>>> middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. There is
>>> no rhyme or reason to it... However it seems to pop up when Koko and
>>> I disagree with her.

>>Whenever faced with a similar situation, specially in kitchen
>>environments, I find throwing things to be an effective deterrent.
>>Flour seems to be most effective, it providing an excellent distraction
>>while searching for a sharp edged alternative.
>>
>>nb

> Dang, now you tell me after I knocked a gin and tonic off the counter
> top onto the travertine tile floor.
> I was helping Christine by unwrapping her pizza stone. Rats, and it
> was Tanqueray too.

If the floor is tiles, and it's clean............ ;-P

waste not, want not ........ but then again, it all depends how *many*
G&T's you've had before you slurp off the floor ;-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says... W T F ?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 20:51:11 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>Heya folks,
>
>I am here with Koko and Squeaks. Squeaks has a problem. She has this
>middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. There is
>no rhyme or reason to it... However it seems to pop up when Koko and
>I disagree with her.
>
>Christine

Here are the Fri night photos. Christine made us the best pizza.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/koko181...7624550392787/
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 08/02/10
Watkins natural spices
www.apinchofspices.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko > wrote in news:b6qr56h9opgp6pd8l9gv6h7ggrjha0r0oq@
4ax.com:

> On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 20:51:11 -0700, Christine Dabney
> > wrote:
>
>>Heya folks,
>>
>>I am here with Koko and Squeaks. Squeaks has a problem. She has this
>>middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. There is
>>no rhyme or reason to it... However it seems to pop up when Koko and
>>I disagree with her.
>>
>>Christine

> Here are the Fri night photos. Christine made us the best pizza.
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/koko181...7624550392787/
> --

Damn!! It's cold here, and that pizza looks *great*!!

And so does the chocolate cheesecake thingy........ I think I might be
hungry!!

I can see the 'pint' glasses that Squeaks was talking about. We've got
heaps of them here.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says... W T F ?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

These are the biscuits Squeaks made for us this morning before we all
went to the Farmer's Market.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/koko181...7624550720105/

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 08/02/10
Watkins natural spices
www.apinchofspices.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko > wrote in news:j9sr56lv5lbl8t2t25fn885f4mea8n5vl2@
4ax.com:

> These are the biscuits Squeaks made for us this morning before we all
> went to the Farmer's Market.
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/koko181...7624550720105/

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hot scones :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says... W T F ?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 23:27:23 GMT, Peter
> wrote:

>I can see the 'pint' glasses that Squeaks was talking about. We've got
>heaps of them here.

Grand - send me a few. At the rate Koko's going through 'em, we're
gonna be pub glass-less by noon on Sunday.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2010-08-07, Christine Dabney > wrote:
>
>> I am here with Koko and Squeaks. Squeaks has a problem. She has this
>> middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. There is
>> no rhyme or reason to it... However it seems to pop up when Koko and
>> I disagree with her.

> Whenever faced with a similar situation, specially in kitchen
> environments, I find throwing things to be an effective deterrent.
> Flour seems to be most effective, it providing an excellent distraction
> while searching for a sharp edged alternative.
>
> nb

After reading thru this entire thread, and looking at my 14 year old
daughter lounging away weaving yet another square for her 'newest creation',
I realized.....that group is just having a junior high pajama party.....only
with better food.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

After the farmers market we took it kind of easy for a while, then
started cooking up a storm. Here's the meal we had.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/koko181...7624555318935/

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 08/02/10
Watkins natural spices
www.apinchofspices.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 14:20:47 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 11:41:24 -0400, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 20:51:11 -0700, Christine Dabney wrote:
>>
>>> Heya folks,
>>>
>>> I am here with Koko and Squeaks. Squeaks has a problem. She has this
>>> middle finger that keeps popping up on these odd occasions. There is
>>> no rhyme or reason to it... However it seems to pop up when Koko and
>>> I disagree with her.
>>>
>>> Christine

>>digital tourette's.

> <pounding the desk and wiping my eyes> Blake, that's one of the
> funniest things I've ever heard...and I'm stealing it at the first
> available opportunity!

you're most welcome.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> After the farmers market we took it kind of easy for a while, then
> started cooking up a storm. Here's the meal we had.
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/koko181...7624555318935/
>
> koko
> --

That salmon is a monster. You guys take out a bank loan? Looks
wonderful!

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Il 08/08/2010 17:59, koko ha scritto:

> After the farmers market we took it kind of easy for a while, then
> started cooking up a storm. Here's the meal we had.
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/koko181...7624555318935/

You girls are rocking! Nice picturss, really, I loved that pizza and
those biscuits, keep on rocking'
--
Vilco
and the Family Stone
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
<snip>

> And Dimitri's on notice: we bought a bunch
> of Schreiner's sausages: Portuguese sausage, natural wood smoke
> Thuringer, Landjager, summer sausage and smoked breakfast sausage. Yer
> rep is on the line, aulde son.

<doubletake> ::BOINNNNGGGG::

Did you say *Thuringer* sausage, as in bratwurst? Where is this
Schreiner's Sausage joint? I can get Landjager locally. And I really
should check again to say if they have Thuringer before I contemplate by
which hook/crook I shall get my mits on said Thuringer bratwurst from
this Schreiner's place....
<more snippage>

TammyM, plotting....