Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Question: Beet Juice

.......I read it's good for high blood pressure. I don't want the
pills. I don't want to buy the juice. I'd rather buy the beets and
make my own. I don't care about the taste. Anybody know the
approximate ratio of beets to water and how long to cook? Thanks. I
can feel my blood pressure rising as I await the answers.

Please hurry!!!
Tommy Joe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 16:22:06 -0700 (PDT), Tommy Joe
> wrote:

>......I read it's good for high blood pressure. I don't want the
>pills. I don't want to buy the juice. I'd rather buy the beets and
>make my own. I don't care about the taste. Anybody know the
>approximate ratio of beets to water and how long to cook? Thanks. I
>can feel my blood pressure rising as I await the answers.

Loosing 60-80 pounds probably will do more for your BP and a ton of
beets.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2010 6:22 PM, Tommy Joe wrote:

> ......I read it's good for high blood pressure. I don't want the
> pills. I don't want to buy the juice. I'd rather buy the beets and
> make my own. I don't care about the taste. Anybody know the
> approximate ratio of beets to water and how long to cook? Thanks. I
> can feel my blood pressure rising as I await the answers.
>
> Please hurry!!!
> Tommy Joe

Why not get one of the Jack Lalanne juicers and juice them raw? You can
even add the stems. (save the leaves for eating like spinach or chard;
the leaves are the only part that's really edible)

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 21:39:44 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 19:52:58 -0400, Mr. Bill wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 16:22:06 -0700 (PDT), Tommy Joe
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>......I read it's good for high blood pressure. I don't want the
>>>pills. I don't want to buy the juice. I'd rather buy the beets and
>>>make my own. I don't care about the taste. Anybody know the
>>>approximate ratio of beets to water and how long to cook? Thanks. I
>>>can feel my blood pressure rising as I await the answers.

>> Loosing 60-80 pounds probably will do more for your BP and a ton of
>> beets.

>Are you hormonal today, Mr Bill?

I really would rethink this beet idea. Loosing weight would be the
better choice since beets, carrots, corn, dates, mango, potatoes are
forbidden vegetables on Sugar Busters. Why?...because they are off
the charts for High Glycemic food. What does that mean...loaded with
sugar. What does unused sugar do....turns to fat.

Overweight...high blood pressure and high blood sugar, i.e. diabetes.
Tommy....find a qualified nutritionist and let them guide you with
proper foods and proper food intake. Drinking beet juice does not
make nutritional sense and probably won't do a thing for a healthy BP
reading.

..

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mr. Bill wrote:

> I really would rethink this beet idea. Loosing weight would be the
> better choice since beets, carrots, corn, dates, mango, potatoes are
> forbidden vegetables on Sugar Busters. Why?...because they are off
> the charts for High Glycemic food. What does that mean...loaded with
> sugar. What does unused sugar do....turns to fat.

> Overweight...high blood pressure and high blood sugar, i.e. diabetes.
> Tommy....find a qualified nutritionist and let them guide you with
> proper foods and proper food intake. Drinking beet juice does not
> make nutritional sense and probably won't do a thing for a healthy BP
> reading.

Yeah, thanks for the help fellas..........Big time. I'm just a
tiny bit overweight. But I also smoked since I was 11 and am 63 now.
I was smoking 3 packs a day from the age of 13 up to age 29 when I
quit and went through near psychotic withdrawals. About a year later
I started jogging. But I was also a heavy drinker. I learned how to
drink without smoking but can't remember how I did it. Anyway, about
12 years later I was practicing my pool game when I looked up at the
sound of a zippo-style lighter being opened just in time to watch the
guy light the cig and take a deep drag and then billow it out as he
snapped the lighter shut with that old familiar zippo snap. It was
like a commercial. I bummed a cigaret from the guy. "Not bad", I
thought, "once a night only when I'm drinking won't be bad." I had no
conscious cravings for cigarets, I think it was more a pavlov's dog
thing where the sound and sight of the guy lighting up flashed in my
brain, and that billowing smoke had an artistic look to it. Slowly
over months I graduated back to smoking even when not drinking, only
this time I didn't smoke 3 packs a day, I smoked like 5 or 6 packs for
a week, then put on a nicotine patch for a week or two, slowly cutting
the squares into smaller and smaller pieces till I was physically
weaned from the craving. But I went back and forth with this yo-yo
ritual for about 13 years till I quit for good 6 years ago. But if
high blood pressure is a curse, I deserve it as much as anyone else.

Anyway, I just thought I'd like to try the beet juice as I really
don't trust the pills. Yeah, I know, I trusted cigarets for about 25
years, so why not trust the pills? Because I think it's a major scam,
that's why. Sure they work, they bring down the pressure, but at what
cost? And getting high blood pressure is normal to some extent with
everyone as they age. But lastly (I will ramble), not everyone can
afford to buy juicers and food processors and other such gadgets on a
whim. I'm making about 200 bucks a week driving a cab and just about
everything goes to rent and utilities and an occasional bag of weed.
So I figured boiling the beets till they turned to juice might not be
a bad idea, and all I wanted to know was the apporximate ratio of beet
to water to make the juice. Maybe I'll just put on some boots with
thick newly cleaned soles and stomp the beets to mush, then remove the
boots and gently knead them with my naked toes down to a fine puree.
Writing this has helped lower my blood pressure, I can feel it. Oh
yeah baby, this works.

Beet It,
TJ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tommy Joe" > wrote in message

> ......I read it's good for high blood pressure. I don't want the
> pills. I don't want to buy the juice. I'd rather buy the beets and
> make my own. I don't care about the taste. Anybody know the
> approximate ratio of beets to water and how long to cook? Thanks. I
> can feel my blood pressure rising as I await the answers.
>
> Please hurry!!!
> Tommy Joe

Don't care about the taste? Ratio of beets to water? This smells of Troll.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mr. Bull > wrote:

>On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 21:39:44 -0500, Sqwertz >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 19:52:58 -0400, Mr. Bull wrote:
>>
>>> On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 16:22:06 -0700 (PDT), Tommy Joe

>>> *Loosing* 60-80 pounds (1)

>>Are you hormonal today, Mr Bull?

>*Loosing* weight would be the (2)

Moron! Pinhead! Shit for brains! Birthing tongs! Billshit!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Aug 1, 4:53*am, Tommy Joe > wrote:

> So I figured boiling the beets till they turned to juice might not be
> a bad idea, and all I wanted to know was the apporximate ratio of beet
> to water to make the juice. *

Boiling the beets will most likely kill all the nutrients in the beets
that would help with the BP. Juicing them raw would be a better way
to utilize them. If you have a juicer, beets are really good with
apples, celery, etc. They make tasty juice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tommy Joe" > wrote in message

> ......I read it's good for high blood pressure. I don't want the
> pills. I don't want to buy the juice. I'd rather buy the beets and
> make my own. I don't care about the taste. Anybody know the
> approximate ratio of beets to water and how long to cook? Thanks. I
> can feel my blood pressure rising as I await the answers.
>
> Please hurry!!!
> Tommy Joe

IDIOT - go see your doctor before you have a stroke.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/1/2010 6:53 AM, Tommy Joe wrote:
> Anyway, I just thought I'd like to try the beet juice as I really
> don't trust the pills. Yeah, I know, I trusted cigarets for about 25
> years, so why not trust the pills? Because I think it's a major scam,
> that's why.

You can lower your blood pressure by eating a healthy diet, reducing
salt in your diet, reducing sodium, stop smoking, stop drinking.
Taking the pill doesn't sound like such a bad idea. Good luck, Joe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:

> Don't care about the taste? Ratio of beets to water? This smells of Troll.

Wrong. This newsgroup is called rec.food.cooking. It doesn't
always have to be about improving the taste of foods. If I asked for
the ratio of water to chicken for making broth or stock, that would
have been ok, right? So what's the difference? I've asked other
questions in this group before. The responses were generally
helpful. I don't mind the sarcastic responses. I can see humor in
anything, and I mean anything. Well, almost. I have trouble seeing
it in labeling someone a troll on basis of that person asking a simple
question. I received some honest answers - the food processor, the
juicer, etc., and my response was that I presently don't have any of
those devices and don't see myself able to buy them in the near
future. I'm no troll, Mr. troll-labeler.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ema Nymton wrote:
ImStillMags wrote:

> Boiling the beets will most likely kill all the nutrients in the beets that would help with the BP. Juicing them raw would be a better way
> to utilize them. If you have a juicer, beets are really good with
> apples, celery, etc. They make tasty juice.

> You can lower your blood pressure by eating a healthy diet, reducing
> salt in your diet, reducing sodium, stop smoking, stop drinking.
> Taking the pill doesn't sound like such a bad idea. Good luck, Joe.

You could be right about boiling killing the nutrients. I'm
not sure it kills what helps lower blood pressure though. Some
properties of some foods remain even after cooking. For instance,
vitamin C is easily destroyed by cooking, but other ingredients in
tomatoes remain active even after being sauced for hours. But I don't
know, you could be right. I resisted the pills for years. My BP is
not really high and it fluctuates. I eat very well. I drink a lot of
water and take 4 mile walks 3 or 4 times a week. I'm not Mr Health
but I rarely get colds. I believe high blood pressure is not good for
people. But I also believe the machines that give out the readings
are just a modern form of witchdoctor mumbo jumb. "Oh, your blood
pressure is high", says the doctor, and he doesn't even have to lie
because the machine will back him up. But the readings are made by
the guys using the machines. Normal used to be 120/80, now it's
120/70, opening up a larger window for more customers. I believe the
pill I'm taking work, but other than lower the pressure on a machine,
what good do they really do? I wanted to try the beet juice (along
with an already good diet), because I read that it lowers the BP and
thought I'd like to give it a try. Hell, without a juicer I might
just eat a beet a day. That would have to close to the same as
drinking 8 ounces of juice, wouldn't it? I don't know, but I
appreciate your comments.

Now for the second person, thanks for your remarks too. I don't
agree about the pill. They relax your blood vessels. Sounds good.
But if you take this stuff, you have to keep taking it. If you quit
suddenly it can kill you. I don't think drinking 8 ounces of beet
juice a day then suddenly quitting would kill a person. But then I
don't know that for sure. I just don't know. Not knowing rankles me
and is raising my blood pressure, I can feel it. Goddammit, where's
my beet juice? Thanks for your remarks, both of you.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tommy Joe" > wrote in message

> Kswck wrote:
>

>> Don't care about the taste? Ratio of beets to water? This smells of
>> Troll.

> Wrong. This newsgroup is called rec.food.cooking. It doesn't
> always have to be about improving the taste of foods. If I asked for
> the ratio of water to chicken for making broth or stock, that would
> have been ok, right? So what's the difference? I've asked other
> questions in this group before. The responses were generally
> helpful. I don't mind the sarcastic responses. I can see humor in
> anything, and I mean anything. Well, almost. I have trouble seeing
> it in labeling someone a troll on basis of that person asking a simple
> question. I received some honest answers - the food processor, the
> juicer, etc., and my response was that I presently don't have any of
> those devices and don't see myself able to buy them in the near
> future. I'm no troll, Mr. troll-labeler.
>
> TJ

And you don't care about the taste?
Troll.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 2, 5:47*am, "Kswck" > wrote:
> "Tommy Joe" > wrote in message

> > Kswck wrote:

> >> Don't care about the taste? *Ratio of beets to water? This smells of
> >> Troll.

> > *Wrong. *This newsgroup is called rec.food.cooking. *It doesn't
> > always have to be about improving the taste of foods. *If I asked for
> > the ratio of water to chicken for making broth or stock, that would
> > have been ok, right? *So what's the difference? *I've asked other
> > questions in this group before. *The responses were generally
> > helpful. *I don't mind the sarcastic responses. *I can see humor in
> > anything, and I mean anything. *Well, almost. *I have trouble seeing
> > it in labeling someone a troll on basis of that person asking a simple
> > question. *I received some honest answers - the food processor, the
> > juicer, etc., and my response was that I presently don't have any of
> > those devices and don't see myself able to buy them in the near
> > future. *I'm no troll, Mr. troll-labeler.

> > TJ

> And you don't care about the taste?
> Troll.- Hide quoted text -

If you hold your nose shut with your fingers, you can drink anything
and not taste it.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote on Mon, 2 Aug 2010 08:10:47 -0700 (PDT):

> On Aug 2, 5:47 am, "Kswck" > wrote:

> >> Wrong. This newsgroup is called rec.food.cooking. It
> >> doesn't always have to be about improving the taste of
> >> foods. If I asked for the ratio of water to chicken for
> >> making broth or stock, that would have been ok, right? So
> >> what's the difference? I've asked other questions in this
> >> group before. The responses were generally helpful. I
> >> don't mind the sarcastic responses. I can see humor
> >> in anything, and I mean anything. Well, almost. I have
> >> trouble seeing it in labeling someone a troll on basis of
> >> that person asking a simple question. I received some
> >> honest answers - the food processor, the juicer, etc., and
> >> my response was that I presently don't have any of those
> >> devices and don't see myself able to buy them in the
> >> near future. I'm no troll, Mr. troll-labeler.

> >> TJ

>> And you don't care about the taste?
>> Troll.- Hide quoted text -

> If you hold your nose shut with your fingers, you can drink
> anything and not taste it.

Try that with Vietnamese or Thai fish sauce! It will go down but you
will be running to wash out your mouth when you let your nose go.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tommy Joe wrote:

> Now for the second person, thanks for your remarks too. I don't
> agree about the pill. They relax your blood vessels. Sounds good.

All blood pressure medications don't "relax your blood vessels". Some
of them (diuretics) help your body to get rid of excess fluid by
encouraging urination.

> But if you take this stuff, you have to keep taking it. If you quit
> suddenly it can kill you. I don't think drinking 8 ounces of beet
> juice a day then suddenly quitting would kill a person.

Probably not, but then you don't know if it will really lower your bp or
not.

As far as bp being "only numbers on a machine", if you don't trust your
doctor, then you are free to take your chances. I have too many
relatives who believed like you do and died in their 40s and 50s to take
that chance.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

gloria.p wrote:

> As far as bp being "only numbers on a machine", if you don't trust your
> doctor, then you are free to take your chances. I have too many
> relatives who believed like you do and died in their 40s and 50s to take
> that chance.

I could debate this all night. But not on a typewriter. Even
though I type 80 words a minute it can get tiring after awhile. But
the issue of today's doctors being nothing more than lit-up neon
versions of yesterday's witchdoctors is one that intrigues me. I tend
to believe alot of what goes on with the machines is mumbo jumbo.
People are impressed with it, especially when the machines have lights
that go on and off and go beep-beep once in a while. They have tests
for everything, almost. If they performed a living autopsy on
everyone, I doubt something wrong could be found on every one of
them. I'm not suggesting people ignore being tested for certain
things. I'm just saying it's a nice set-up the way these machines
work for the witchdoctors of today. A doctor is a mechanic for the
body. He's just as likely to rip you off as mechanics who work on
cars. Even if he doesn't rip you off directly, he's working with
standards set by others and also pushing pills, many of which have not
be sufficiently studied, yet sell for high amounts of money and may
ultimately do little to keep anyone alive and may in fact kill them
over time, not that that matters either, because in the end everyone
dies anyway. I think people who submit to and can afford every new
medical test that comes out are people who want to live forever and
believe that somehow maybe they can pay for that privilege. I doubt
it.

TJ (where's my beet juice?)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

gloria.p wrote:

> As far as bp being "only numbers on a machine", if you don't trust your
> doctor, then you are free to take your chances. I have too many
> relatives who believed like you do and died in their 40s and 50s to take
> that chance.

Sorry, can't let it go, because I don't like being misread, or
maybe it's my fault for not expressing myself clearly. I never said I
was against having one's blood pressure tested. I never said high
blood pressure was a good thing. What I am saying is that the
standard for normal BP can be falsely set in much the way that law can
set the speed-limit on a residential street to an insanely low limit
to guarantee them more ticket revenue. Everyone's blood pressure goes
up as they age. Some of those relatives of yours might have been
saved from taking medication. For how long is for fate to decide.
Others among your relatives who died might have died regardless of
medication. We have no way of knowing. So I'm not against testing,
only saying I don't trust the whole shebang, and without insurance the
medical profession is out of business, except for the emergency room,
which will be my primary care-giver of choice when and if that time
comes. By the way, I have taken the high blood pressure pills for
about a year now. So they lower my BP a little bit, that does not in
any way prove that I'd be dead today had I been given a placebo for
the past year, not to mention the previous 62 years I manage to live
without it. I'm taking it for Christ's sake, I'm just saying I tend
to believe people take too many pills, usually on the basis of tests
that impress them - "here's your official reading!" Here's my motto
for society. Look in the yellow pages. Any field of endeavor that
stretches beyond 2 pages is one I would tend not to trust. That would
include lawyers, physicians, auto mechanics, and a few others, which
is not meant to imply that good people can not be found in any field,
only that those fields are not so good in my eyes.

TJ

Senior Member

Location: WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Joe View Post
gloria.p wrote:

[...]

I was fortunate to have a doctor ween me off of a BP med (lisinopril/zestril) through exercise. So long as I work my lungs for 20 minutes/ a half hour a day, the machine backs me up. I can tell when by BP is up, so heck with the machine. Just got to do some work.

I do stick with this doctor, though, because instead of pushing the pills, we came up with ways to get them out of my life. Now, I don't need any meds (except for psychotropic ones ).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/2/2010 11:10 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> On Aug 2, 5:47 am, > wrote:

>>> Wrong. This newsgroup is called rec.food.cooking. It doesn't
>>> always have to be about improving the taste of foods. If I asked for
>>> the ratio of water to chicken for making broth or stock, that would
>>> have been ok, right? So what's the difference? I've asked other
>>> questions in this group before. The responses were generally
>>> helpful. I don't mind the sarcastic responses. I can see humor in
>>> anything, and I mean anything. Well, almost. I have trouble seeing
>>> it in labeling someone a troll on basis of that person asking a simple
>>> question. I received some honest answers - the food processor, the
>>> juicer, etc., and my response was that I presently don't have any of
>>> those devices and don't see myself able to buy them in the near
>>> future. I'm no troll, Mr. troll-labeler.

>>> TJ

>> And you don't care about the taste?
>> Troll.- Hide quoted text -

> If you hold your nose shut with your fingers, you can drink anything
> and not taste it.

Take a jar. Fill it with cut up Bhut Jolokias. Pour in vinegar to
cover. Let sit for 30 days. Drink the vinegar.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2010 7:22 PM, Tommy Joe wrote:

> ......I read it's good for high blood pressure. I don't want the
> pills. I don't want to buy the juice. I'd rather buy the beets and
> make my own. I don't care about the taste. Anybody know the
> approximate ratio of beets to water and how long to cook? Thanks. I
> can feel my blood pressure rising as I await the answers.

Google borscht.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gorio wrote:

> I was fortunate to have a doctor ween me off of a BP med
> (lisinopril/zestril) through exercise. So long as I work my lungs for 20
> minutes/ a half hour a day, the machine backs me up. I can tell when by
> BP is up, so heck with the machine. Just got to do some work.
>
> I do stick with this doctor, though, because instead of pushing the
> pills, we came up with ways to get them out of my life. Now, I don't
> need any meds (except for psychotropic ones ).

Yeah, I appreciate that. I can wean myself off anything
including the bp pills. I know how to wean. When and if the time
comes I'll smash the pill and take half for a month or so before
knocking it down to a quarter. Getting a good doctor is like taking
your car to 30 mechanics who tell you you need a new radiator or flush-
job or some other expensive procedure before finally one day when
you're putting water into the over-heated radiator an old mechanic
walks up and asks what the problem is, and you say never mind, I need
a new radiator. But the old guy says let's have a look at it, then
pops up his head and says you need a new radiator cap. "How much?"
And the old guy says let's see if we have one in the back. And he
does. He puts it on and the problem is gone. That actually happened
to me once when I was in my 20s. Had to go through like 30 of them to
meet that one honest guy. I believe the percentage of bullshit and
fraud and complacency is the same in all fields regardless of the
diploma on the wall. Thanks for the note. Not overly concerned with
my bp, just wondered about the beet juice and why I shouldn't try
it.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

J. Clarke wrote:

> Take a jar. Fill it with cut up Bhut Jolokias. Pour in vinegar to
> cover. Let sit for 30 days. Drink the vinegar.

This is a purely hypothetical question for you J Clarke. If
drinking a certain type of racoon **** once a week made you feel
really good with absolutely no side effects (other than short-term bad
breath), for the entire week with absolutely no comedown or
withdrawals, would you drink it? I know I would. I wouldn't care
what it tastes like. Now please understand that I would eat no food
strictly for it's nutritional value. It has to have taste appeal.
But something that performs minor miracles, even if it tastes like
shit, and even if it is in fact shit, I don't think taste would matter
to most people, myself included. By the way, what is Bhut jolokias?
My fathers side is arab and they were all good cooks. I remember big
jars with turnips sliced like large french fries that were reddish in
color as if the brine had beet juice in it. Those things were great
with hummous and pita bread and olives and tabouli. So what is bhut
jolokias anyway? Thanks.

TJ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/4/2010 7:11 AM, Tommy Joe wrote:

> J. Clarke wrote:
>

>> Take a jar. Fill it with cut up Bhut Jolokias. Pour in vinegar to
>> cover. Let sit for 30 days. Drink the vinegar.

> This is a purely hypothetical question for you J Clarke. If
> drinking a certain type of racoon **** once a week made you feel
> really good with absolutely no side effects (other than short-term bad
> breath), for the entire week with absolutely no comedown or
> withdrawals, would you drink it? I know I would. I wouldn't care
> what it tastes like. Now please understand that I would eat no food
> strictly for it's nutritional value. It has to have taste appeal.
> But something that performs minor miracles, even if it tastes like
> shit, and even if it is in fact shit, I don't think taste would matter
> to most people, myself included. By the way, what is Bhut jolokias?
> My fathers side is arab and they were all good cooks. I remember big
> jars with turnips sliced like large french fries that were reddish in
> color as if the brine had beet juice in it. Those things were great
> with hummous and pita bread and olives and tabouli. So what is bhut
> jolokias anyway? Thanks.

The point being addressed was that one could by holding one's nose not
taste whatever one was drinking.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://ushotstuff.com/worldshottestchile.htm

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

J. Clarke wrote:

> The point being addressed was that one could by holding one's nose not
> taste whatever one was drinking.

Gotcha. A further point of the discussion whether you called for
it or not is the the following question: why would anyone want to
drink something so horrible that they wouldn't want to smell or taste
it? The only answer I can think of is if the person is drinking
something strictly for health or to maybe get high. I got your
point. My point, which naturally follows, is to ask if there is a
substance so wonderful in it's effect that we'd be willing to drink it
even if it tasted like shit. There are certain foods that have an odd
momentary disgust quotient to them, but once taken down do something
marvelous things within the body. Sometimes I even get a bit of joy
from drinking or eating or smelling something that is foul in a
medicinal way that makes one think, "Something that smells this bad
has to be good for you."

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel wrote:
Tommy Joe wrote:

> So what is bhut

> http://ushotstuff.com/worldshottestchile.htm

Interesting in many ways. I eat hot peppers almost every day. But
I use mild ones like jalapenos and fresnoes. I can't handle the
habeneros, not raw anyway. So it only follows that if I can't handle
the habenero it makes little difference that one comes along that's
twice as strong. It's like being in a room with a bunch of guys and
someone cuts a silent fart that everyone screaming oh my God that's
the worst fart I've ever smelled. So bad they can't stand it, yet
dawdle with it because it's a standout appearance unlike any fart
they've ever smelled before. It knocks them off their feet. Then
someone cuts another even stronger fart. Do you really believe the
newer and stronger fart will usurp the old one? It's the same with
the chiles. The habenero is already, "like wow, the hottest pepper
I've ever had" - so really, if I plop another even hotter one into
mouth, would I really notice the difference any more than the oh my
God that's the worst fart I've ever smelled crowd suddenly crowning
the new fart king for the day. I doubt it.

TJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/5/2010 2:41 AM, Tommy Joe wrote:

> J. Clarke wrote:
>

>> The point being addressed was that one could by holding one's nose not
>> taste whatever one was drinking.

> Gotcha. A further point of the discussion whether you called for
> it or not is the the following question: why would anyone want to
> drink something so horrible that they wouldn't want to smell or taste
> it? The only answer I can think of is if the person is drinking
> something strictly for health or to maybe get high. I got your
> point. My point, which naturally follows, is to ask if there is a
> substance so wonderful in it's effect that we'd be willing to drink it
> even if it tasted like shit.

You mean besides Jagermeister?