Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default shredded wheat bread

a poster in another venue pointed to this recipe for bread that uses
shredded wheat along with flour:

<http://www.culinarycafe.com/Breads-Biscuits/Shredded_Wheat_Bread.html>

it's unlikely i will try to make it - since i'm not a baker - but i'd never
heard of such a thing. i thought i would put it out there to see what you
think. the site says 'it's a staple of every New England community
cookbook.'

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > ha scritto nel messaggio

>a poster in another venue pointed to this recipe for bread that uses>
>shredded wheat along with flour:
>
> <http://www.culinarycafe.com/Breads-Biscuits/Shredded_Wheat_Bread.html>
>
> it's unlikely i will try to make it - since i'm not a baker - but i'd
> never> heard of such a thing. i thought i would put it out there to see
> what you
> think. the site says 'it's a staple of every New England community>
> cookbook.'

Admittedly I have not lived in Maine since I was 17, but I too have never
heard of it. Don't know why you wouldn't make it, considering how pricey
any decent bread is in the DC suburbs.
Us foreigners could make it with Wheetabix!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 12:35:36 +0200, Giusi wrote:

> "blake murphy" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>>a poster in another venue pointed to this recipe for bread that uses>
>>shredded wheat along with flour:
>>
>> <http://www.culinarycafe.com/Breads-Biscuits/Shredded_Wheat_Bread.html>
>>
>> it's unlikely i will try to make it - since i'm not a baker - but i'd
>> never> heard of such a thing. i thought i would put it out there to see
>> what you
>> think. the site says 'it's a staple of every New England community>
>> cookbook.'

> Admittedly I have not lived in Maine since I was 17, but I too have never
> heard of it. Don't know why you wouldn't make it, considering how pricey
> any decent bread is in the DC suburbs.

a combination of timidity and laziness. the closest i've come is jiffy mix
cornbread.

> Us foreigners could make it with Wheetabix!

ah, you canny europeans! (or at least americans living in europe.)

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> a poster in another venue pointed to this recipe for bread that uses
> shredded wheat along with flour:
>
> <http://www.culinarycafe.com/Breads-Biscuits/Shredded_Wheat_Bread.html>
>
> it's unlikely i will try to make it - since i'm not a baker - but i'd never
> heard of such a thing. i thought i would put it out there to see what you
> think. the site says 'it's a staple of every New England community
> cookbook.'
>
> your pal,
> blake

It most certainly is not a staple of every New England community.
I have spent most of my life in New England and have never seen
any such thing. It does look vaguely related to cornbread.
Vaguely. And that also is not a staple in every New England
community. It used to be more common in days of yore though.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> a poster in another venue pointed to this recipe for bread that uses
> shredded wheat along with flour:
>
> <http://www.culinarycafe.com/Breads-Biscuits/Shredded_Wheat_Bread.html>
>
> it's unlikely i will try to make it - since i'm not a baker - but i'd never
> heard of such a thing. *i thought i would put it out there to see what you
> think. *the site says 'it's a staple of every New England community
> cookbook.'

Reminds me of a recent "experiment" in which I used matzoh meal in
lieu of about half of the flour of a regular bread recipe...it did not
rise very much, I'm wondering if it's because the gluten in the matzoh
meal was already "used" or some such...I'm just speculating here...

Thanks for the post, blake, it's interesting...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 1, 4:35*am, "Giusi" > wrote:

> "blake murphy" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>
> >a poster in another venue pointed to this recipe for bread that uses>
> >shredded wheat along with flour:

> > <http://www.culinarycafe.com/Breads-Biscuits/Shredded_Wheat_Bread.html>

> > it's unlikely i will try to make it - since i'm not a baker - but i'd
> > never> heard of such a thing. *i thought i would put it out there to see
> > what you
> > think. *the site says 'it's a staple of every New England community>
> > cookbook.'

> Admittedly I have not lived in Maine since I was 17, but I too have never
> heard of it. *Don't know why you wouldn't make it, considering how pricey
> any decent bread is in the DC suburbs.
> Us foreigners could make it with Wheetabix!

Greezy Giusi ALWAYS slamming the USA...

The way you idjit Greaseballs are doing financial - wise, you'll be
luck to afford *any* vittles at all.lol...just this time don't depend
on a "Marshall Plan" to bail all of you mo - fo's out...

--
Best
Greg